Bruno Fernandes performances 2019/20

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal

80% of our goals this season have come directly from Bruno Fernandes.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
He's actually not been that great despite the stats. Main reason for that is that he's playing in a team that plays like complete crap but still, he's not shown the level he was at last season.

70 million would have been paying way above his worth even though it's obvious he'd improve United's squad
I get the feeling he's given up on Sporting and is playing to pad his stats to get a good move next summer.

SportingCP96

Supports
I get the feeling he's given up on Sporting and is playing to pad his stats to get a good move next summer.
I have the exact opposite feeling. He is the only one who actually gives a feck on this shit team. Despite not getting the move he desperately wanted he still goes on the pitch and gives it his all unlike the others who just play to get payed.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I have the exact opposite feeling. He is the only one who actually gives a feck on this shit team. Despite not getting the move he desperately wanted he still goes on the pitch and gives it his all unlike the others who just play to get payed.
I suppose we'll never know what he's thinking, but I saw that leaked audio as him giving up on the team. So he goes out there and does his thing not because he thinks he can get trophies, but to get a move asap.

SportingCP96

Supports
I suppose we'll never know what he's thinking, but I saw that leaked audio as him giving up on the team. So he goes out there and does his thing not because he thinks he can get trophies, but to get a move asap.
I saw it as him saying they dont care about the team. He even said if they want to leave to sit out and then get the feck out of the club. He is the only one who goes out there and tries to win and proof of that is his natural emotion when we are losing when he scores or for example the bessa incident.

I have no doubt he wants to leave but he looks like a top professional that will give his all for whatever team he plays for until he is not on that team.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
I saw it as him saying they dont care about the team. He even said if they want to leave to sit out and then get the feck out of the club. He is the only one who goes out there and tries to win and proof of that is his natural emotion when we are losing when he scores or for example the bessa incident.

I have no doubt he wants to leave but he looks like a top professional that will give his all for whatever team he plays for until he is not on that team.
Fair enough. Either way he's being a true professional.

SportingCP96

Supports
Fair enough. Either way he's being a true professional.
If I was him though I would force a move the next window. Imagine having to play with Jese and Bolasie.

SportingCP96

Supports
I don't need to imagine shit football, I support Académica :(
:lol::lol::lol: I grew up watching you guys in the league so I really hope to see you guys back in the Primeira Liga.

SportingCP96

Supports
How's he been this season? @SportingCP96
His numbers are good but his overall performances have not been. This is something I expected and mentioned before the season. The team is worse then last season, we have no striker and have Yannick Bolasie as a starter along with a broken Jese. The team was knocked out of the main cup competition by a team from the third division and we are already out of the title race not that we were ever realistically going to be in one. We are also almost surely knocked out of the league cup as well with the europa league not too far off I am sure.

You can see the frustration in his face when we play because he is the only one who tries and it is up to him to make everything happen because this team is even worse than last season. The team is in shambles the fans and the president and hierarchy of the club are at "war" with each other. Fans want immediate elections and want Varandas removed. We are already on our third coach this season.

It is a really unhealthy environment and the club is in free fall so its not a good environment to be in. The whole team is dog shit. Take away Bruno and honest to god we would flirt with 7th and 8th place.

So in conclusions I don't see him putting up the same numbers as last season but I truly don't believe that will be entirely on him. He would need a Herculean season to do that and thats just not possible. He should have left in the summer I almost feel bad for him:lol:

This seasons stats (he leads both categories for Sporting)
Goals:7
Assists:5

SportingCP96

Supports
Gorgeous assist just now and Sporting take the lead.

SportingCP96

Supports
2-1 now Bruno scores from the spot.

We are fecking horrible my god. I am beyond disgusted.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Would a January move be on the cards for Bruno here ?
I think United may just have a spot for him.

arthurka

Would a January move be on the cards for Bruno here ?
I think United may just have a spot for him.
He would walk into this team. He would be a shoe in a at that 10 spot. Plus he got a wicked freekick and set piece on him.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Take it he's signed a new deal? What a mug, he'll waste his career there by the looks of it. Still, I'm sure living in Lisbon is nice enough.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Take it he's signed a new deal? What a mug, he'll waste his career there by the looks of it. Still, I'm sure living in Lisbon is nice enough.
Maybe to modify his buy out clause?

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Maybe to modify his buy out clause?
Well possibly but do you really see Sporting dropping it down to something sensible given they wanted £70m in the summer? Anything below £50m and people might be interested but I can't see it.

Adcuth

I'd assume that bit in his contract where they have to pay him money everyone a bid over 35mil is rejected will have been removed. Can see them striking a deal with him to sign the new deal, remove that clause but promise him a move away on the summer

SportingCP96

Supports
I'd assume that bit in his contract where they have to pay him money everyone a bid over 35mil is rejected will have been removed. Can see them striking a deal with him to sign the new deal, remove that clause but promise him a move away on the summer
This 100%. Thats all this was. He will 120% be gone in the summer, All of this was just to modify the contract in favor of Sporing with a gentleman agreement that he is free to leave in the summer.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Nice nutmeg.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
He was always good and the years in Italy have smartened him tactically so that he can hide his flaws effortlessly.

SportingCP96

Supports
He’s a Brilliant player. Will be a shame when he leaves.

enurs

2 goals, 2 assist against PSV in the EL today. 20 min left

SportingCP96

Supports
40% of Sportings goals in the last 3 seasons are from either a Bruno Fernandes Goal or assist. That is absurd.

SportingCP96

Supports
Did anyone see his penalty by the way? I know it is just a penalty but that is just different class the way he took that.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We should have signed him last summer, him playing as #10 instead of Lingard/Pereira would have made such a huge difference.