Bruno Fernandes performances 2019/20

Adcuth

Assisted all 3 goals tonight guys. I think he would have done a hell of a job this year for us. Needs watching all season.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Well we had our doubts over his passing ability as per reports and it turns out to be true. He's assissting so that'd be a new one for us.

Kostov

3 assist in a game, that's a fecking nightmare for young Jesse Lingard. He needs a season of football to come close.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Could do with his free kicks and corners.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Can also see why we didn't go for him. A player who passes FORWARDS? That's never going to work.

We need to be spending 60-70m on another Harry Winks.

Our possession stats will be :drool:.

Irrational.

It'll be £100 million the next time we're interested. Our transfer team and scouts need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Just out of curiosity, has anyone on the Caf contacted Manchester United and directed them to this thread full of insights on a player they should purchase? Because if you're dropping truth bombs, why not contact the club and try to get a job as a scout?

Sterling Archer

On the plus side, we already know that next season Woodward will be comfortable spending 20 million more than this year's asking price on him.

The worst offense to me in this is the club's statement that his passing isn't good enough. Who does that? I can't recall any other club coming out with garbage like that, unprovoked, setting us up for what's going to be countless updates when he performs well and showcases all the aptitude our midfield is dying for.

Sylar

On the plus side, we already know that next season Woodward will be comfortable spending 20 million more than this year's asking price on him.

The worst offense to me in this is the club's statement that his passing isn't good enough. Who does that? I can't recall any other club coming out with garbage like that, unprovoked, setting us up for what's going to be countless updates when he performs well and showcases all the aptitude our midfield is dying for.
Could you imagine us getting him in Jan but paying 20m more after Ed negotiates until final day :lol:

Bwuk

I find it absolutely mental and also worrying that a plethora of attacking midfielders were available in the summer, notably Bruno, and we’ve stuck with Lingard.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
My guess is that in a year or 2 from now we'll be glad we gave Gomes the chance instead of buying Bruno fernandes to block him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Still not convinced he’s good enough for the highest level. Still, we are - and were - very far from that this summer.

Just the decision to not sign another attacker or direct right winger was very baffling.

Bwuk

My guess is that in a year or 2 from now we'll be glad we gave Gomes the chance instead of buying Bruno fernandes to block him.
If Gomes is good enough he’d break through irregardless. It’s not like we have a stacked squad.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
:lol: Like we need him.

Jlingz has all the attributes to become a success at united he just needs more minutes to gain experience.

Still not convinced he’s good enough for the highest level. Still, we are - and were - very far from that this summer.

Just the decision to not sign another attacker or direct right winger was very baffling.
It’a baffling if the plan was the play Jesse fecking Lingard.

If the plan was to play Gomes & Greenwood then it was fair enough, but so far there’s little evidence of that.

bosnian_red

If Gomes is good enough he’d break through irregardless. It’s not like we have a stacked squad.
Yes but you don't spend big on a 24 year old who can pretty much only play in the position that Angel Gomes plays in if we have high hopes for Angel Gomes and feel he isn't far from breaking through. I have no problem whatsoever in not signing a #10 last summer, didn't want us to sign. We need a holding midfielder and if we were to get a 2nd mid, I would've wanted a #8 and just push Pogba up to the 10 position if need be. Yeah, youngsters should make the breakthrough if they're good enough, but spending big on a new signing just entering his prime is a sure fire way to block progress rather than anything. And Bruno Fernandes on top of that risk is very far away from being a sure thing or someone who is clearly some brilliant player. He excels in the portuguese league, while he can only play as a #10, and while he's struggled in harder leagues in the past.

bosnian_red

It’a baffling if the plan was the play Jesse fecking Lingard.

If the plan was to play Gomes & Greenwood then it was fair enough, but so far there’s little evidence of that.
We've played 3 games, had very good performances so there was never a reason to change the lineup with a full week in between. And again, we've played 3 games, of which Greenwood has already gotten a decent amount of minutes. Gomes will get his, and I'm sure Chong will get his as the season goes on.

We've played 3 games, had very good performances so there was never a reason to change the lineup with a full week in between. And again, we've played 3 games, of which Greenwood has already gotten a decent amount of minutes. Gomes will get his, and I'm sure Chong will get his as the season goes on.
I’m hopeful of that, but Greenwood, Gomes & Andreas all had a much better pre-season than Jesse and yet 3 games in it’s Jesse, Jesse, Jesse and WDL.

It’s naive to think anything else than that we have gone into this season with Lingard as a first choice attacker.

bosnian_red

I’m hopeful of that, but Greenwood, Gomes & Andreas all had a much better pre-season than Jesse and yet 3 games in it’s Jesse, Jesse, Jesse and WDL.

It’s naive to think anything else than that we have gone into this season with Lingard as a first choice attacker.
Sure it's how we went into the season, but we were never going to just start off the season with Greenwood/Gomes as the starters. They're always eased in, understandably. So while he might only get his first starts/minutes in September once we start playing 2 games a week with the carabao cup and the Europa league, I fully expect by the end of the season we'll view both Greenwood and Gomes as starters (or close to it) going in to next season. You sign Bruno Fernandes and you don't see a route in to the team in the near future.
I'd be delighted if Gomes didn't leave in Jan.
I think people are overly paranoid about this and only have fears about him leaving because of us being shit in the past few years and it's typical of the ways things have gone. I don't think he's considering it in the slightest though. The guy loves United and you can see how happy he was being involved in pre season and how it was a dream come true for him when he scored that goal. Not worried at all, but we'll see.

wr8_utd

:'(
I think people are overly paranoid about this and only have fears about him leaving because of us being shit in the past few years and it's typical of the ways things have gone. I don't think he's considering it in the slightest though. The guy loves United and you can see how happy he was being involved in pre season and how it was a dream come true for him when he scored that goal. Not worried at all, but we'll see.
I have no doubts for his love of the club but if he continues to not get minutes even when the guys ahead of him are hopeless, we may just see a situation where he sees how the likes of Sancho have gone elsewhere and become regulars. I hope it doesn't happen but until he signs a new deal, the fear will remain.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Assisted all 3 goals tonight guys. I think he would have done a hell of a job this year for us. Needs watching all season.
His assists came against a team many have probably never heard of called 'Portimonense'

The first assist could've been made by most on the Caf tbh.

The second assist came about after one of the SCP players threaded a beautiful ball through to Fernandes who made a good run and from close range passed it across for a tap in. Portimonense tried pushing up to play the SCP players offside but got it badly wrong IMO.

The third assist came about after Fernandes was afforded all the time in the world to receive a pass on the left edge of the area whilst he was static and he took his time to cross it into the box for assist #3. You'd think he'd be marked closely due to his record, but the opposition stood of and allowed him time to pick his targeted player which was a bad error by the Portimonense players IMO.

Here are the short highlights..

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We'll draw Sporting in the Europa League and see first hand what he's made of.