Bruno Fernandes performances 2019/20

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
How is it that in the last 10 seasons portuguese non-big teams have better results head-to-head against english non-big teams?

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Crystal Palace throw an over the hill Gary Cahill who has probably played like 3 games of football in the last year straight in to their starting XI but oh shit no Sporting start Coates so they must be worse.

They also have Jordan Ayew and Christian Benteke which probably breaks records for being the least prolific strike force in history.

From the entirety of their squad Zaha is a good player and Milivojevic and Guaita are ok. The rest very from trash to players who absolutely would not stand out in the championship. Aside from Sakho, but he's a perma-crock nowadays.

Having a bigger budget doesn't mean shit when you spend 45m on Andros Townsend and Benteke, and give a massive contract to a non-entity like Meyer.
Kouyaté, Townsend, van Aanholt and Schlupp are all comfortably above Championship level. Also, Palace's CB's aren't anything special but you might want to review the Championship a bit if you think they're not better than that.

You're seriously underestimating a lot of players or you must not rate the Premier League very highly if a bunch of trash can finish 12th

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Kouyaté, Townsend, van Aanholt and Schlupp are all comfortably above Championship level. Also, Palace's CB's aren't anything special but you might want to review the Championship a bit if you think they're not better than that.

You're seriously underestimating a lot of players or you must not rate the Premier League very highly if a bunch of trash can finish 12th
None of those players would seriously stand out in the championship. And their central defenders absolutely could mostly be starting for championship clubs if the dice had rolled a different way.

Not really. Most of the bottom half teams have a lot of players who are barely PL level/a lot who are at championship level, and then 3-4 very decent players, Palace are the same. Zaha is the best player outside the top six and I actually rate Roy pretty highly as a manager so they're able to finish relatively highly each season without having a particularly good side on paper. Take away Zaha and put in a worse manager than Roy, and yeah I think they'd absolutely be a relegation candidate and there's plenty of players in that squad that PL clubs wouldn't be interested in if they went down.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Huge rumor being "confirmed" by many Portuguese outlets as well as the Fiorentina Sporting director (Based on there interest in Raphinha) "Bruno is going to Real for 70M so Sporting will not sell Raphinha".

Allegedly because of Financial Fair play Real Madrid have guaranteed the transfer of Bruno Fernandes for 70M for the following summer. The player will remain in Sporting for this season and will be a Madrid player on July 1st 2020.

Official club statement yet be announced but allegedly will be early December.

Tiber

It's fine. We will just buy him for an extra 20 million next year

Kostur

海尔的老板
Huge rumor being "confirmed" by many Portuguese outlets as well as the Fiorentina Sporting director (Based on there interest in Raphinha) "Bruno is going to Real for 70M so Sporting will not sell Raphinha".

Allegedly because of Financial Fair play Real Madrid have guaranteed the transfer of Bruno Fernandes for 70M for the following summer. The player will remain in Sporting for this season and will be a Madrid player on July 1st 2020.

Joke's on them, they obviously didn't read our evaluation that he cannot pass properly.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football

Oxymoron?

EDIT: I don't believe it. A year is a long time to not have a player and still commit to paying 70M. He's not young either.

SportingCP96

Supports
Joke's on them, they obviously didn't read our evaluation that he cannot pass properly.
:lol: If true it is a great deal for us too because we get to keep him for one more season while getting the evaluation we wanted of 70M.

SportingCP96

Supports
Oxymoron?
:lol: Thats why I put the quotations there. Every major Portuguese outlet along with the Fiorentina director are saying it, Obviously no OFFICIAL statement announced yet but this is breaking news currently.

I am just relaying the news to you guys with no idea of the truth behind it. The Fiorentina director commenting on why he gave up on the transfer of Raphinha must mean something by Sporting was said I would assume.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
:lol: Thats why I put the quotations there. Every major Portuguese outlet along with the Fiorentina director are saying it, Obviously no OFFICIAL statement announced yet but this is breaking news currently.

I am just relaying the news to you guys with no idea of the truth behind it. The Fiorentina director commenting on why he gave up on the transfer of Raphinha must mean something by Sporting was said I would assume.
Yeah I know. I just found it mildly amusing.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Unless Mendes has some serious blackmail material on Flo, it's :lol::lol::lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seems like absolute rubbish that.

Why would Madrid want a player but only a year later? A lot can happen in a year.

If they're going to spend 70m on a player then surely they want him immediately? meh we will see.

SportingCP96

Supports
Seems like absolute rubbish that.

Why would Madrid want a player but only a year later? A lot can happen in a year.

If they're going to spend 70m on a player then surely they want him immediately? meh we will see.
Because of Financial fair play. Similar to what PSG did with Mbappe and Monaco. Madrid have spent 300M.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Because of Financial fair play. Similar to what PSG did with Mbappe and Monaco. Madrid have spent 300M.
Then why not sign him now on loan with a promise to buy after a year? seems strange to be happy to wait 1 year and still pay huge money.

SportingCP96

Supports
Then why not sign him now on loan with a promise to buy after a year? seems strange to be happy to wait 1 year and still pay huge money.
I agree and we will have to wait for an official statement. I find it odd that a Fiorentina director would say that publicly unless he was told by someone from Sporting.

LARulz

Yeah this makes no sense. A loan to Madrid and guarantee buy makes sense, but not keeping him there.

Also next summer I expect them to go hard for Pogba so will probably want to keep as much money as possible for that

SportingCP96

Supports
Yeah this makes no sense. A loan to Madrid and guarantee buy makes sense, but not keeping him there.

Also next summer I expect them to go hard for Pogba so will probably want to keep as much money as possible for that
I agree the underlining part is the director opening his mouth because besides that I agree.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We'll know soon enough either way. Comunicado Oficial is coming

SportingCP96

Supports
Oxymoron?

EDIT: I don't believe it. A year is a long time to not have a player and still commit to paying 70M. He's not young either.
He is 25. acting like he is 28 or 30, he ain’t even in his prime yet.

Besides that I agree the deal does not make much sense.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
He is 25. acting like he is 28 or 30, he ain’t even in his prime yet.

Besides that I agree the deal does not make much sense.
And 25 is not young (for a footballer). I didn't say he's old mind you, but he's certainly isn't young either.

SportingCP96

Supports
And 25 is not young (for a footballer). I didn't say he's old mind you, but he's certainly isn't young either.
25 is before your peak so to me that is young. If you still have room to grow that’s young. (In my opinion)

28-31 is usually a players prime with 32-retirement being where a player begins to drop.

17-26 is where a player is growing but if at 26 you haven’t showed or reached a decent amount of your potential then you could guess how good that player will be.

In Bruno’s case he has been getting better year after year so far and is coming off his two best seasons of his career at the ages of 23 and 24 respectively in a big club and in a league known for producing world class players. It is not far fetched to believe he can still get better and go up a level considering he is about to turn 25 years old.

As for the Madrid rumors they seem far fetched and don’t make much sense. We will see what happens.

SportingCP96

Supports
Bruno gave an interview to GQ where he talked about the attacks on the Sporting camp last summer, the former president, and this summer transfer window where he said a deal was made and agreed with Tottenham but Sporting then wanted a 70M fee so the transfer could not go through. He said it is his dream to play in England and that he informed Sporting of this but that he respects there (Sporting's) decision.

Adcuth

Anyone see his goal yesterday? Can't find it in Twitter

SportingCP96

Supports
This Sporting team is shocking. We just sold Raphinha as well. Take Bruno out and thus team is a 7th place team and thats not an exaggeration right now. Braga have a better team then us and multiple Vitoria players would start for us.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This Sporting team is shocking. We just sold Raphinha as well. Take Bruno out and thus team is a 7th place team and thats not an exaggeration right now. Braga have a better team then us and multiple Vitoria players would start for us.
Wasn't Raphinha the guy you weren't supposed to sell because you were selling us Bruno?

SportingCP96

Supports
Wasn't Raphinha the guy you weren't supposed to sell because you were selling us Bruno?
Allegedly right? Cant trust social media for shit. Now we have "sold" Raphinha to Rennes for 20M.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
25 is before your peak so to me that is young. If you still have room to grow that’s young. (In my opinion)

28-31 is usually a players prime with 32-retirement being where a player begins to drop.

17-26 is where a player is growing but if at 26 you haven’t showed or reached a decent amount of your potential then you could guess how good that player will be.

In Bruno’s case he has been getting better year after year so far and is coming off his two best seasons of his career at the ages of 23 and 24 respectively in a big club and in a league known for producing world class players. It is not far fetched to believe he can still get better and go up a level considering he is about to turn 25 years old.

As for the Madrid rumors they seem far fetched and don’t make much sense. We will see what happens.
That certainly used to be true, but with the focus on pace and endurance, the meteoric rise in the number of sprints per game, it's become more of a young man's game. Just look at Rooney and Mata, both struggled at 30.

Reactions: Invictus

SportingCP96

Supports
That certainly used to be true, but with the focus on pace and endurance, the meteoric rise in the number of sprints per game, it's become more of a young man's game. Just look at Rooney and Mata, both struggled at 30.
But for every Mata and Rooney you have a Di Natale a Totti a Giggs(rare) or an Aguero who are doing and did well in there thirties. Not everyone is the same obviously but 25 years old is still young IMO.