Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCJY

Another transfer about to come bumbling across the finish line.

Fair play Woodie, well done.

Mr. Meeseeks

That's not breaking the news. It's also out of context. He is clearly reporting what has been said in Portugal and no doubt stated that before the video started.
Sky Sports News reporting on a piece of news before anyone else would count as breaking the story (if it turns out to be true). They have a reporter in Lisbon who is listening out for any information, and this is his report. That is how journalism works. They listen out for what is being said and report on it. If they are right, then they broke the story.

Not saying that the news from Sky is necessarily true mind, Im just saying that neither they nor Utd Report did anything to deserve a ban from the forum in this case.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Now that this train is very close to reaching its final destination. What train do we hop onto next? It's only the 17th of Jan, plenty of time for another!
Bless you.
We won't sign anyone else.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think Rashford might deserve the number 7 next season and give Bruno the number 10.
Possibly, I quite like Rashford as 10 though, not sure why. As others have said, Mata's not here much longer so we could give Bruno the 8 once Mata's left.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Sky Sports News reporting on a piece of news before anyone else would count as breaking the story (if it turns out to be true). They have a reporter in Lisbon who is listening out for any information, and this is his report. That is how journalism works. They listen out for what is being said and report on it. If they are right, then they broke the story.

Not saying that the news from Sky is necessarily true mind, Im just saying that neither they nor Utd Report did anything to deserve a ban from the forum in this case.
They are already banned for the exact reasons that I mentioned.

Bratt

I think Rashford might deserve the number 7 next season and give Bruno the number 10.
He would have deserved the 7, but I think he prefers the 10?
If so, no one should take the 10 from Rashford.

Lebowski

STEVE ARNOTT, isn't he the cop from Line of Duty, good at his job but what would he know about Utd transfers
He must be deep undercover on assignment investigating Woodward's links to a shady organised crime family operating out of Florida. Next season Woody will be exposed as 'H'- you heard it here first

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Anybody else still feeling like it'll all suddenly come crashing down? I have serious muppet fear with this one :lol:

stepic

Anybody else still feeling like it'll all suddenly come crashing down? I have serious muppet fear with this one :lol:
nah, this is as easy as they come. player wants to join, not much other competition from other clubs, reasonable fee, position we need. it's a guarentee.

Dante

Average bang
Sometimes I feel like on SSN they in passing exaggerate things, or loosely / inaccurately quote external sources, and then social media quote them on it and it goes viral.. and then they kind of have to run with it. It's easy to do that when you're just speaking into a camera and you have to try and be interesting.

The question I'd ask, have they themselves backed this up with an actual article saying the fee is agreed?
That's 100% what's happening. It's been obvious since day 1.

The same can be said for other 'reputable' journalists. They're only human beings. They follow the story and rely on the sources they can find - even if those sources are shit when it comes to Portuguese football. When that happens, they get things wrong.

Lynty

Woodward's gone all out to make this press briefing look like a legit transfer. :lol:

Rinnegan240

God no.

I like the 7 shirt where it is—unused. That shirt is kessed I say. Kessed.

Wouldn't want to foist such a burden on our poor de Bruno.

Well, unless alone in the dressing room at the midnight hour, he sights an eery glow accompanied with a whisper in English with a slight Scottish accent saying, "Hither, step, accept your destiny".

He then heeds the call and approaches the cabinet and lightening strikes as he takes hold of the shirt releasing a tremendous power surge through the dressing room as he collapses to the ground.

He is sighted by the janitor the next day and is revived in time and goes on to fulfill his destiny and derail the Scousers in their bid for a second consecutive title.

He gives us many years of service and retires fulfilled having lifted the CL, PL and FA trophies.

The end.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
God no.

I like the 7 shirt were it is—unused. That shirt is kessed I say. Kessed.

Wouldn't want to foist such a burden on our poor de Bruno.

Well, unless alone in the dressing room at the midnight hour, he sights an eery glow accompanied with a whisper in English with a slight Scottish accent saying, "Hither, step, accept your destiny".

He then heeds the call and approaches the cabinet and lightening strikes as he takes hold of the shirt releasing a tremendous power surge through the dressing room as he collapses to the ground.

He is sighted by the janitor the next day and is revived in time and goes on to fulfill his destiny and derail the Scousers in their bid for a second consecutive title.

He gives us many years of service and retires fulfilled having lifted the CL, PL and FA trophies.

The end.
And people said we were getting carried away...

Smashin

Supports
Sporting CP
He only hasnt left yet because Woodward is a fecking idiot
It's fair enough saying he is an idiot but, for example, on Maguire was he one or not? Depends on the perspective, United got the player but only because they overpayed.

And thats my point about the winter market, if it's not gonna be a ridiculous offer, it's not worth screwing over the whole season.

Bratt

Absolutely, a big part of me is really expecting that to happen.
Been burned too many times...

Rinnegan240

And people said we were getting carried away...
Muppet fever is a terrible thing.

Can't wait for the announcement.

Of course he could crash and burn with us but what's life without a little muppetry.

When I lose excitement on the prospect of new signings, then I'd know my football watching days are over.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'm going to Burnley game so I'm hoping it's his debut. Would be great if he rattles one in from 20 yards too. I'm sure he'll be trying if he's signed by then.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Muppet fever is a terrible thing.

Can't wait for the announcement.

Of course he could crash and burn with us but what's life without a little muppetry.

When I lose excitement on the prospect of new signings, then I'd know my football watching days are over.
Worst chant ever.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
The other stupid thing about Sporting wanting him to play vs benfica is that Bruno won’t play anywhere close to full throttle and will avoid any tackle or challenge to avoid injury.

His head will be somewhere totally elsewhere so it makes zero sense from anyone’s POV to play that game. And that’s even before one accounts for the financial risk, if he gets injured.
Yeah you don't know Bruno as a player at all if you think he'll give anything below 100%. If it's his last game he'll give a lot more than that.

He's our captain, he plays for the shirt and it's a derby. We're not some random club he's at to get a move to a bigger club.

Not even taking into account that Sporting are 16 points behind Benfica... It's like us saying we will risk Pogba against the dippers before his 300m move to PSG on Monday.
That's not the same at all. Bruno is a lot more important to us than Pogba is to United, we don't have a chance without him. It would be the equivalent of the club giving up on the game before it even starts and it would be the single most embarassing decision the club has made and they've done a lot of those throughout the years. We're already missing Vietto and Coates who are two of our most important players and we're not a rich club who have good substitutes to our starters, our depth is really bad.

We're fan owned, the president gets elected. The culture is different than a club like United, they can't afford to do something like that to the fans. I'd geniunely be scared for the president's safety if he had sold him before the game or refused to play him in order to not put the transfer in jeapordy. Bruno himself would never allow that to happen either.

ThinkTank@Cafe

£43 million is pretty low. He is the biggest player in the league. How far Bruno is from being Portugal’s biggest star? Guys from Portugal, can you enlighten?

Status
Not open for further replies.