Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedIan

Simon stone reputable BBC reporter and Man united correspondent reports officals from sporting Lisbon are in Manchester to discuss a deal.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Twitter rumblings starting to come out that it’s done and medical is on Monday

Walters_19_MuFc

Yes and no. He is definitely more a 10 then a 8 but he creates the "illusion" he is a 8 because his engine is insane and he drops back a lot. It is his style of play and he is a workhorse but he is no doubt the furthest forward of a 3 man midfield with Wendel at the #8 position and doumbia playing the #6.

He is both the creator AND the goalscorer which says a lot about his quality AND the absolute lack of quality in the rest of this team.
Ahhh ok. So I guess unless Ole's going to channel his inner Pep, he probably wouldnt go with Maddison/Grealish with Fernandes in a 433. That, and he seems hell-bent on using the 4231.

Thanks as always, mate!

Fosu-Mens

I echo this, Pellegrini would be a much better signing for the team.
At least we will not see Fred on corners or freekicks anymore, but I'm no fan of this transfer. So I will state as I did with AWB and Maguire: there are players out there that would suit us better for a lower cost.

We could get Zyiech and Pellegrini for £60m.

Judas

Open to offers
Looking on twitter, I never can get over how many weirdos there are pretending to be ITK, and maybe worse the amount of people who buy into the crap they say. What a weird and sad existence.

RedIan

Sky Sports

UNITED CLOSING IN ON FERNANDES

Manchester United are closing in on a deal with Sporting Lisbon to sign Bruno Fernandes, claims Portuguese journalist Filipe Dias.

"The story so far is that United this time are really closing in on Bruno Fernandes," said O Jogo journalist Dias on the Transfer Talk podcast. "We ran the story that there are talks between the two clubs and we figured that a deal might be close in the next few days, or hours even, because Sporting need money badly.

"The situation has changed since last summer. They didn't accept a deal with Tottenham for 70m euros but that would have been paid with €40m upfront and then another €30m."

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Looking on twitter, I never can get over how many weirdos there are pretending to be ITK, and maybe worse the amount of people who buy into the crap they say. What a weird and sad existence.
That’s the shitty side or social media. I hate weirdos who make their opinions seem as truth and then say “Trust me!”. Like who the feck are you that I should have to trust your shitty commentary.

OL29

Says we’re closing in but Sporting are going to hold talks with Spurs too. Wouldn’t be surprised if this fell through.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I’d wait for the Portuguese media to confirm that before even considering that to be true.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Nah Fernandes > Pellegrini for me. Also doubt Pellegrini will leave his beloved city.

SCJY

I'm not impressed with his shooting ability, shooting technique or dribbling. Everything else about him seems amazing, particularly workrate, creativity and vision. Even in his weak areas though, he is miles ahead of what we've got.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Has Woodward f*ck up written all over it. One of two things happens:

1. We get a player who was clearly available and would have improved the squad in the summer, at a higher price and middway through a wasted season, without time to settle into the squad.

2. We negotiate, screw it all up and Spurs get him in for 5p more than they sell Eriksen to Inter for, and we brief that his agent wanted a new plane and Jessie is really turning it around.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Says we’re closing in but Sporting are going to hold talks with Spurs too. Wouldn’t be surprised if this fell through.
This is pure conjecture from the reporter. He doesn’t even get it right in the first place. Says we’ve met in Manchester then sporting have gone to London? Wrong.

seems like he’s got it mixed up then made up the part about spurs purely because they were in for him last summer.

tottenham don’t need him, they need a striker and want piatek.

jose said himself spurs are skint and won’t have many transfers.This is purely a panic article. Next!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm not impressed with his shooting ability, shooting technique or dribbling. Everything else about him seems amazing, particularly workrate, creativity and vision. Even in his weak areas though, he is miles ahead of what we've got.
Not impressed with his shooting? You in the right thread pal? :lol:

izec

If Eriksen leaves, Tottenham will probably look for someone to step in. They have Lo Celso though, so not sure they would pay that much when they need a striker as well

Judas

Open to offers
Eh? You watching the right player?

Dan600

Wouldn't be surprised if they talk with Spurs, would be surprised if they sign him ahead of us. They spent a lot of money in the summer, and with Mourinho any money left will surely be used on a striker to cover for Kane while he's out.

I imagine this is more, 'we spoke with Spurs and they bid 70m, honest, can you give us that bit extra please', or just complete conjecture from the journo who wants a few extra clicks/views.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Pellegrini appears to be a no.10 also?
He’s got a bit more 8 about him. He’s not a player who will be judged on his goals output, more on how he makes the team tick. And he’s good off the ball too.

gr3yham3

Aren't our offices located in London anyway? Could be just them still being in London rather than talking to Spurs. Can't see Spurs paying more than us too anyway.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Aren't our offices located in London anyway? Could be just them still being in London rather than talking to Spurs. Can't see Spurs paying more than us too anyway.
That guy has no idea just making stuff up.

Judas

Open to offers
Pretty much all the reports yesterday were saying our talks with him happened in London, I don't remember many if any mentions of us dealing with Sporting etc. in Manchester.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
No big deal. I was just copying your phrasing tbh. I'm not sure I feel very strongly either way. I've not really seen enough of Fernandes to form a proper opinion. I've for awhile believed that we need playmakers and technically gifted players in midfield. But like I said, we need a few so maybe this fellow will also add a lot.
I think he'll add a lot. You're right that Grealish carries the ball better and probably is a better passer too but Bruno makes things happen, works harder and scores goals which is invaluable. Obviously you never know how he'll adapt but I think he's quality and just what we need. Like you say, we could fit both in the squad, particularly if Pogba goes, but there's no way in hell we're getting Grealish in Jan for sensible money.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Would I be wrong in thinking he's a vaguely Lampard-esque player? Going by the various descriptions that's what I'm currently imagining.

Nickelodeon

Unbalanced as F. Two high risk players that lose the ball often with a player that is not that good at distributing. There would be a serious number of counter-attacks against us. If our fullbacks were actually good at passing the ball, this would not really be the biggest issue, but they are not.
Disagree here. Particularly for games against weaker opponents, I believe that the McT/Fred-Pogba-Bruno trio could solve our creative problems. For tricky games against big sides, formation / role / personnel changes could be made.

Though, don't wanna get too ahead of myself with regards to any player who we haven't signed yet given our track record.

LeapOfFaith

Supports
Liverpool
The Spurs connection is very possible with the Portugues connection with Mourinho.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Why does the guy on Bein say talks were held in Manchester and there’s potentially another club involved as reps were also in London? I thought it was reported yesterday they they were in London to see United?

Status
Not open for further replies.