Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I meam
Here's a question: so he terminates his contract with Sporting and then has his medical, but what happens if he fails the medical and that means we don't sign him?

krautrøck

Supports
FC Bayer 05 Uerdingen
Here's a question: so he terminates his contract with Sporting and then has his medical, but what happens if he fails the medical and that means we don't sign him?
City will get him for nowt.

Teja

Some really good passes. The best thing is he is good with both his feet and doesn't take too much time on the ball. Looking forward to see how he does here.
:drool::drool:

He looks like a player who does well playing in the hole with runners around him. If it's one thing we have it's willing runners (Williams, Rashford, Martial, James), so hoping the team clicks into another gear with him. Fred does a pretty good job of transitioning us from defence to attack and with Fernandes we a player that can pick out that final pass (esp. in transition).

Couple of concerns are around how he'll do against a team that just wants to defend with two banks of four. We really need someone who can dribble in attacking areas. A world class RW this summer + keep Pogba + add some depth in a couple of positions and I think we'll be solid.

Sparky Rhiwabon

If he's as good as he seems, this will be about a big an upgrade as we could realistically achieve this window. Pereira / Lingard > Bruno

In theory, this should transform our attack, provided the tactics are there to support it. It's just a shame that Rashy is missing for a while.

diarm

He looks like a player who does well playing in the hole with runners around him. If it's one thing we have it's willing runners (Williams, Rashford, Martial, James), so hoping the team clicks into another gear with him.

I sometimes wonder if I'm watching the same thing as other people.

I've seen lamposts more willing to run than Martial.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

He looks like a player who does well playing in the hole with runners around him. If it's one thing we have it's willing runners (Williams, Rashford, Martial, James), so hoping the team clicks into another gear with him. Fred does a pretty good job of transitioning us from defence to attack and with Fernandes we a player that can pick out that final pass (esp. in transition).

Couple of concerns are around how he'll do against a team that just wants to defend with two banks of four. We really need someone who can dribble in attacking areas. A world class RW this summer + keep Pogba + add some depth in a couple of positions and I think we'll be solid.
The big one you're forgetting, who I think will benefit the most from him (and Pogba when he's back from injury) is Greenwood, his movement especially running in behind has always been incredibly intelligent.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

Some really good passes. The best thing is he is good with both his feet and doesn't take too much time on the ball. Looking forward to see how he does here.
Rashford, Martial, James and Greenwood are going to wonder what the hell has hit them! Exactly what we've needed for some time.

If he's as good as he seems, this will be about a big an upgrade as we could realistically achieve this window. Pereira / Lingard > Bruno

In theory, this should transform our attack, provided the tactics are there to support it. It's just a shame that Rashy is missing for a while.
Other way around :lol:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
The runs are not coming because neither Pereira or Lingard is capable of spraying those passes.
He's right, one of our problems has been how static the attackers can be, as they all prefer the ball into feet. We weren't even making enough of those runs with Pogba in the side.

Jezpeza

According to many, our current squad is the worst it's been for several decades.

I'm sounding all doom and gloom in a transfer muppet thread, so i think I'll not say anything else. I don't want to be a killjoy at a time when there is very little to be joyous about.
Enjoy the muppetry gentleman and for Christ's sake, track those flights!!!
I agree that its the worst its been. But the ones that hog the wage bill while being useless or surplus to requirements are steadily being got rid of and replaced with better and, more importantly fitter, not crocked, players.

I am thinking forward to where this squad is going to be. we have Too many 10 in 10 out threads etc. Everyone assumes every single new player needs to be an 80m signing. Some still think we can sign 3 players and challenge for the league.

I think with better signings and the promising youth we have getting regular football we have some green shoots. the youth players we have are doing well as well. Its not like when we had the likes of Cleverley and Gibson blagging it next to Carrick and Scholes, these are real talents.

I know lots will disagree but for example, I just dont see how you improve the squad by signing a 130m, 28 year old centre back from a second rate league like some people.

Teja

I sometimes wonder if I'm watching the same thing as other people.

I've seen lamposts more willing to run than Martial.
Fair enough :D

I think he's been doing okay since he moved to CF. He no longer stands around like a Zombie on the left waiting for ball to feet. But yeah he's not really the gold standard for off the ball running.

SATA

This guy can certainly see a pass while Andreas can’t. He’s going to get so many assists if our strikers can put them away

Vaibhav Raj

My portugese friend who follows the portugese league says he will be able to improve us but that the fee is high for what we are getting. He scores a lot but he says Bruno shoots a lot.

Anyone know how good Bruno really is?
That's not a problem then if he ends up scoring a lot. I tend to like United players showing the confidence to shoot from a distance. Many a times, United players are just passing the ball around the penalty area and opposition defenders know they just have to sit back, stay narrow, and intercept the ball.

AshRK

Yes, it would be really helpful especially when we are countering. Also, with Fernandes, we would have three players who can find that exquisite pass in Pogba, Mata and now Fernandes. We could seriously do with such players.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Do Sporting face a lot of packed defenses in the Portuguese league?

diarm

Fair enough :D

I think he's been doing okay since he moved to CF. He no longer stands around like a Zombie on the left waiting for ball to feet. But yeah he's not really the gold standard for off the ball running.
To be fair, when Martial has somebody with the technical ability to play off in tight spaces, he can come up with some mesmerising stuff. Himself and Mata have at times linked up beautifully, just nowhere near often enough. Hopefully Bruno can be the man to really link with him because we all know the talent is there.

I just feel someone at United should've had him watching videos of players like Henry, Saha, Suarez, Et'o, Kluivert and a young Owen every day for the last 3 years, to see how he should be playing off the shoulder of the last defender. With his acceleration and finishing ability he should be lethal but instead, he's just a luxury player who does something brilliant one game in five.

AneRu

I think long range shots and better deliveries on set pieces will help in that respect. Going forward we do need a world class dribbler with output and a top DM to shore things up in midfield especially if Pogba stays.

Done dealio pending medical

crossy1686

career ending
Finally! Really hoping we can get another done before the window shuts. Pogba and Rashford back from injury soon could also save our season.

This really shouldn't stem any protests though, remember they caused this issue in the first place boys and girls.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I honestly still expected us not to get him. :lol:
Let’s hope he does well!

Status
Not open for further replies.