Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handré1990

If that's the standard we evaluate most players against, then no wonder we had to sort through 1000 different players for a new right back.

We both know that he will never be able to get the same numbers for our club. Attacking players with a high output (goals/assists) is seldom able to replicate the same output for a new club in a different role and system. Pepe, Mkhitaryan, Kagawa etc. Bruno, playing in a free role and allowed to shot and pass whenever and however he likes, could very well be an example of this.

At least we will not see Fred taking corners anymore. If we are able to set Fernandes up in situations where he is given time or space in the final third then he should be able to make an impact.
I can name a lot of players who did replicate the same output. My point is simply that we don’t know, not even by using stats. I can only hope he’ll come good for us (if we even sign him). You seem very sure he’ll fail. A little confirmation bias, maybe? Perhaps you want a different player?

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
Anyone asked why we’ve got no competition for him? No City, Liverpool, Madrid, Barca, Atletico, Juve, PSG or Bayern.

Just Sporting trying to drum up a deal with us and nobody else enquiring despite his apparent productivity.
Liverpool have got 7 maybe 8 players competing for 3 cm positions. I doubt we'd have any interest in paying 60 to 70 million for another. Pep is probably eyeing up another fullback ?

tjb

Said this in the summer, it’s certainly something to be a bit wary about that we’ve seemingly got zero competition for him.
Just like Mane and Salah or KDB had no competition. When we don't sign someone, people ask "where were we when this or that player was available", but now that we are attempting to make something happen we have people asking why noone else is making a bid. Well maybe a. they don't have no. 10s in their systems. b. the current market price of players has eliminated making signings that might not be needed. Real Madrid City and Barca play a 433 and due to the directness of Fernandes' game, it may not be suited to them. We have more money than any of the other teams. Who either do not need a no.10, cannot afford to spend 60m on Fernandes + a player or already have a no/10.

nainaisson

Castles is very reliable. Underrated on here.
He lies on behalf of Jorge Mendes clients De Gea and Mourinho all the time. He lied about United being interested in Pepe, which they actually weren't, because it would help Mendes' buddies at Lille sell him. So, he's basically a Mendes puppet first, journalist second.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He lies on behalf of Jorge Mendes clients De Gea and Mourinho all the time. He lied about United being interested in Pepe, which they actually weren't, because it would help Mendes' buddies at Lille sell him. So, he's basically a Mendes puppet first, journalist second.
I’m always amazed people can come out with stuff like this. How do you know that we weren’t interested in Pepe? Are you Ed Woodward? Just because a transfer doesn’t happen doesn’t mean there wasn’t interest or contact. As fans, we hear probably around 5% or what actually goes on. Clubs and agents will be talking all the time.

peridigm

This is what we lack currently. Nothing infuriates me more than seeing us a goal down/in a bad moment and not one player visibly giving a feck. You need fire.
Don't think we need doors kicked in, figuratively perhaps, but I get what you mean. What we really lack is a captain. Players need to be accountable for the shit performances they put in an not just offloading on social media about not being good enough and saying they must do better.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Don't think we need doors kicked in, figuratively perhaps, but I get what you mean. What we really lack is a captain. Players need to be accountable for the shit performances they put in an not just offloading on social media about not being good enough and saying they must do better.
All I want to see when we concede is someone kicking a post or looking visibly upset and trying to fire each other up, instead we all look meek and just trudge helplessly back to the half way line.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He does have some temper

Now that's somebody who cares! never have a problem with passion. It's like players being pissed off when they're subbed.. good!

He would add a bit of fire to the Instagram boys that's for sure.

Acquire Me

Now that's somebody who cares! never have a problem with passion. It's like players being pissed off when they're subbed.. good!

Yes. We could need some fire for sure. This is a good thing imo.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
That's better than any youtube compilation. Looks like that Keano spirit. No idea what the context is there, but who cares. A guy who's willing to sparta kick a door works for me.
I told you guys about his attitude haha. He has a temper on him and is a natural leader.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Simon Stone has apparently said on BBC radio a deal is close now. The only obstacle now is Marcos Rojo as he himself would rather go to Turkey.

Coops73

He’s just found out Rojo would rather go to Turkey.

SportingCP96

Supports
Yes. We could need some fire for sure. This is a good thing imo.
He basically said “Bruno What?! Bruno what!? Ffs” “this has nothing to do with you” “Is it because of this shit?!” “I’ll pay for the fecking door!”

If anyone gives a feck haha

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!

He's got strong feet. Ideal for kicking the shit out of the Bitters

Teja

I always imagined the Portuguese league would be richer than the Turkish one. How come Fenerbahce are able to pay more than Sporting? Or are Sporting just fecking around and waiting for us to subsidize Rojo's wage?

SportingCP96

Supports
I can’t wait to hear the crowed yell “shoooooottt” as the ball falls to him 25 yards out and he unleashes it top bins!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I always imagined the Portuguese league would be richer than the Turkish one. How come Fenerbahce are able to pay more than Sporting? Or are Sporting just fecking around and waiting for us to subsidize Rojo's wage?
When you consider the size of the country,population and how football mad they are etc. Turkey could afford some decent wages

SportingCP96

Supports
We have no money at all. I think the president has been selling his ass on the corner streets of Lisbon to pay the bills. The stupid fecker.

Realistically I just don’t think Sporting would want Rojo tbh.

SportingCP96

Supports
Just seen the little hop he does when taking penalties.

Do not want.
Don’t know if sarcastic (probably is) but he is probably one of the best penalty takers out there. No exaggeration.

Keyser

Love that video, also why I'm a fan of young Brandon

youmeletsfly

If Ed pulls this off I'll bite my own cock. But we all know it ain't happening, it is too obvious for us.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Don’t know if sarcastic (probably is) but he is probably one of the best penalty takers out there. No exaggeration.
Sorry if you've been asked this a thousand times but what's his general link up play like? It's quite a big part of how Solskjaer utilises his CAM/Number 10s.

TheReligion

Abusive

Not sure.

Alaska.
Very good! Made me laugh.

He does have some temper

I can’t wait to hear the crowed yell “shoooooottt” as the ball falls to him 25 yards out and he unleashes it top bins!
I want him after seeing that video.

@SportingCP96 what's your thoughts on this one? You're far better qualified than some of the Caf Einstein's telling us it's a panic buy and he'll flop.

How will be settle in the PL?
What would he give to this United side?
Pros and cons?

Thanks in advance!

SportingCP96

Supports
Sorry if you've been asked this a thousand times but what's his general link up play like? It's quite a big part of how Solskjaer utilises his CAM/Number 10s.
In almost all the Bruno Fernandes threads I have wrote extensive stuff about his playstyle and I would do it again but I am in the midst of writing something up for work as well but I will give you a quick run down.

SHOOTING: he has unbelievable shooting with both his left and right foot he uses both power and precision (mostly power) and hits them from distance often and with good amounts of success

PASSING/VISION: He is the creator for Sporting and everything runs through him. His long passing and through balls are of high quality and his ability to make a pass before receiving the ball is very good as well. His teammates at times struggle to keep up with what he tries to do which says a lot about how shit Sporting are.

DRIBBLING: He can beat a man if he needs to or in tight spaces but this is NOT one of the traits you should be focused on when getting a player like Bruno. It is not something you really highlight about him as player.

STAMINA/LEADERSHIP: You get a natural born leader with Bruno and he very often the first to track back and go up and down the pitch. If he loses it you can bet your bottom dollar he will take it right back. If a teammate loses it he is the first to pull back. He has very high on field IQ which may explain why he says he hopes to be a coach one day.

ABILITY TO GET OUT OF TIGHT SPACES: Has no problem doing this and if the Portuguese league is a turn off for you he has done it in the CL vs Barcelona.

SETPIECES: Dam near automatic. World class penalty taker and his free kicks are brilliant as well scores a lot of them.

His vision passing and overall ability in the final third is of the best quality I have personally ever seen in Sporting.

***I posted this a few pages back. Hope it helps!

Suv666

At the end of the day its a gamble really as people have said before
The likes of KDB, Salah, Mane didnt teams queueing up, still they turnt out to be decent
Plenty have came in from non top 5 leagues into the PL and have been a success
I'm not gassed about it as our board has fecked up almost every transfer since SAF and I do not trust them at all. We are like a reverse Midas, turning gold into mediocrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.