Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

Lets have a look at his stats the last 2 seasons:

18/19:
Appearances 53 in all comps for Sporting (4688 minutes)
Goals 32 (6 or 7 from the spot)
Assists 18

19/20 so far:
Appearances 25 in all comps for Sporting (2204 minutes)
Goals 15 (6 from the spot)
Assists 13

These stats are nothing but phenomenal for a midfielder (AMC, MC and MR)
He had more than 30 goalcontributions more than Lindgard, Mata and Pereira combined in 2019 in all competitions.

His numbers will be lower in the EPL, but he will definitely offer a lot to this team that we have been missing...
The caf for you mate.

On one hand we have people screaming for us to sign players from across Europe and the other hand fans who dont want to believe in the numbers some players put out saying it is a farmers league.

Cannot win.

Negative Red

The last I heard was that United were making preparations to prepare for thinking about firming up and making a bid.

EireRed_GS

Yeah. That wouldn't be difficult though. Two gas beens in Mata and Matic and Two never will be in Lingard and Pereira! We are a laughing stock. These four are amongst the poorest midfielders in the PL. Why are they still at the Club?
Absolutely. Mata the only one i would consider giving a go at that position, but only every now and again. He can be decent when his games are managed and limited against certain teams. We are desperate for a natural CAM, and now we have the opportunity to sign not just a decent player, but a very good player, and the numptys tasked with getting it done are living up to their name. The deal should have been wrapped up a long time ago. absolute incompetence

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
The caf for you mate.

On one hand we have people screaming for us to sign players from across Europe and the other hand fans who dont want to believe in the numbers some players put out saying it is a farmers league.

Cannot win.
It's nuts. The guy has been consistently scoring and creating goals over 2 seasons. Clearly massive talent ... 'but we should wait for Maddison or Jack Grealish'. I'm a big James Maddison fan and think Grealish is a fantastic player but that doesn't stop Bruno being a top player who I'd like to see in our shirt. Especially since he'll be filling Lingards position. Especially since we're massively lacking creativity in the final 3rd. It's crazy.

Bruno as our 10 would immediately see our chance creation rise and anyone thinking otherwise is clearly on something. He may or may not turn out to be a world beater but his stats speak for themselves (and I'm not usually a stat boy). He makes and scores goals. It's what he does. It's what we need.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It's nuts. The guy has been consistently scoring and creating goals over 2 seasons. Clearly massive talent ... 'but we should wait for Maddison or Jack Grealish'. I'm a big James Maddison fan and think Grealish is a fantastic player but that doesn't stop Bruno being a top player who I'd like to see in our shirt. Especially since he'll be filling Lingards position. Especially since we're massively lacking creativity in the final 3rd. It's crazy.

Bruno as our 10 would immediately see our chance creation rise and any thinking otherwise is on something. He may or may not turn out to be a world beater but his stats speak for themselves (and I'm not usually s stat boy). He makes and scores goals. It's what he does. It's what we need.
There are plenty of examples of players who have exceptional stats in weaker leagues and fail to cut it in the PL, I really don't see why it's a bad thing to be pessimistic.

Rooney24

You look at Liverpool, this Japanese they signed from Salzburg - done and dusted and announced BEFORE the deadline. No messing around. No "preparing", "firming up" or other such nonsense. Just done.

Then you look at us......:houllier:

Lemansky

You look at Liverpool, this Japanese they signed from Salzburg - done and dusted and announced BEFORE the deadline. No messing around. No "preparing", "firming up" or other such nonsense. Just done.

Not the greatest example as he had an release clause. Sporting is by all reports very difficult to negotiate with.

SATA

He has a release clause. Bruno doesn’t, and if he does, it’s too much and United ain’t paying

Volumiza

I really don't see why it's a bad thing to be pessimistic.
To each his / her own Massive Spanner, but I can only envisage our forward line loving having someone with Bruno's skillset feeding them. My reasoning is the guy has at least done enough to warrant a big team taking a chance on him.

Ban

Jesus, every time this kind of stuff. It seems like that cause you haven't kept track of the whole story, every transfer of other clubs look quick from the outside cause you're not into the story at all.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
To each his / her own Massive Spanner, but I can only envisage our forward line loving having someone with Bruno's skillset feeding them. My reasoning is the guy has at least done enough to warrant a big team taking a chance on him.
Meh, given our transfer record, especially with attacking players from abroad, I can't help but worry.

Volumiza

Meh, given our transfer record, especially with attacking players from abroad, I can't help but worry.
Dude, I worry over my job. I worry over the health of my family and friends. I don't worry about this shit. This is fun. It's exciting. Not always happy but even so ... to worry about football isn't something I understand.

pacifictheme

Yeah crazy what a release clause does. Get a grip mate.

Xaviboy

What’s this about a private jet flying in today from Lisbon to Manchester i’m reading? Any truth?
Its matchday for us so could be a case Bruno and his reps are coming over to conclude the deal while VIP at tonight's match. Anyway we can find out if he is training with Sporting today?

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Didnt they call it tapping-up in the last century?

Irrational.

In the time it has taken us to prepare and firm up a bid, Spurs have been linked with, made a loan bid for, had the loan bid accepted for another Fernandes with an option to buy.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Didnt they call it tapping-up in the last century?
It's impossible to tap a player up nowadays. The player and his agent work out what clubs they would like to play for and what sort of salary they would expect and the agent discusses it with interested clubs.

The agent then talks to clubs and the club's say "We want to sign a player like Bob and we would be willing to pay £100k a week for a player like Bob on a 4 year deal. That sort of player would play every game for us."

The agent then replies "I think I have a player like Bob on my books but that sort of player would expect £120k per week and I think someone like Bob would be happy to play for a team like yours".

Nod, wink.

In reality of course it doesn't happen like this. Club says "We want to sign Bob, lets talk money" and then contract negotiations would begin between the clubs before the club Bob is playing for gets a sniff of the interest. If they're on the same page they will make a bid for him but owning clubs are never going to prove that it was an approach like this, nor are they going to piss off players and agents by accusing them of it because they know full well that they do exactly the same thing and if that agent can't prove it then another will.

"Tapping up" is very much a thing of days gone by when chairmen used to offer a player's mother a new bungalow if he signed with his club.

Craig Ward

These "updates" are so tiresome. Didnt we do these exact stories all summer?

Either sign him or dont - we dont need to "consider a bid" for a player we spent all summer "considering a bid" for!

The "Journalists" clearly have no clue what's going on and just recycle the usual rubbish on a loop every 24hours. Insanely repetitive and needless.

To discuss the player - I think he's a talent and better than anything we have creatively. I dont watch much Portuguese football but from what i have seen of him - he'd be a positive signing

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It's impossible to tap a player up nowadays. The player and his agent work out what clubs they would like to play for and what sort of salary they would expect and the agent discusses it with interested clubs.

The agent then talks to clubs and the club's say "We want to sign a player like Bob and we would be willing to pay £100k a week for a player like Bob on a 4 year deal. That sort of player would play every game for us."

The agent then replies "I think I have a player like Bob on my books but that sort of player would expect £120k per week and I think someone like Bob would be happy to play for a team like yours".

Nod, wink.

In reality of course it doesn't happen like this. Club says "We want to sign Bob, lets talk money" and then contract negotiations would begin between the clubs before the club Bob is playing for gets a sniff of the interest. If they're on the same page they will make a bid for him but owning clubs are never going to prove that it was an approach like this, nor are they going to piss off players and agents by accusing them of it because they know full well that they do exactly the same thing and if that agent can't prove it then another will.

"Tapping up" is very much a thing of days gone by when chairmen used to offer a player's mother a new bungalow if he signed with his club.
Btw when was the last Bob we signed up? Not many footballers are called Bob nowadays -- such a 70s footballers name.

Falcow

The 7 stages of the transfer cycle
Rumours
Denial
Acceptance
Preparing
Firming up
Negotiation
Flight tracking
Anger

Ok maybe there are 8 or have I missed any crucial stages?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Dude, I worry over my job. I worry over the health of my family and friends. I don't worry about this shit. This is fun. It's exciting. Not always happy but even so ... to worry about football isn't something I understand.
Well said.

ROFLUTION

We probably wait with signing Bruno til after Liverpool's beaten us up to please fans with a signing. Classic PR stuff

vanderpants

I work at the airport and as of yet no private jet has landed and I don't think we are expecting one but I will double check

Tarrou

picture of Bruno in a United shirt looking like he's doing media work has just appeared on my feed..

probably shopped but my heart skipped a beat!

BlackBen

The 7 stages of the transfer cycle
Rumours
Denial
Acceptance
Preparing
Firming up
Negotiation
Flight tracking
Anger

Ok maybe there are 8 or have I missed any crucial stages?
You forgot monitoring, joining the race, moving into the lead and serious consideration. I’m sure I’ve also left some out.

Status
Not open for further replies.