Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

EireRed_GS

Would take him in a heartbeat, but its more transfer nonsense as usual. Its just the club trying to look busy to keep us quiet. Never gonna happen.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Humiliating defeat followed by leaks about players we might sign.

Name a more iconic duo.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
By all accounts he didn't seem to fit the criteria United were looking for last summer so what's changed now ?
Panic set in ?
The likeliest answer would be that this is more BS peddled by the Portuguese press and United have had their fare share of that over the years.

poleglass red

Not sure how genuine are links are, but for a player putting up some such consistent numbers as he is, coupled with his age and buy out cost, which is isn't excessively high, I'm not sure why there isn't more interest in him from bigger clubs.

AneRu

Would take him in a heartbeat, but its more transfer nonsense as usual. Its just the club trying to look busy to keep us quiet. Never gonna happen.
Every humiliating defeat is followed by these predictable leaks to distract fans from the actual rot then when the fury dies away nothing happens. I too would take him in a heartbeat but we know the script now, Woodward will let this drag on for a week or two then pretend to walk away slandering the parent club, the agent or the player for demanding too much money.

poleglass red

anyone know who his agent is, it's not fat bollicks is it?, if not, sign him up haha

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I do think we were interested originally, but ole thought that Lingard and pereira could be good enough. His delusion has finally worn off and realised they just aren’t good enough. Now maybe the guy that scored/assisted over 30 goals last year might be better than mr 0 J Lingz.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I do think we were interested originally, but ole thought that Lingard and pereira could be good enough. His delusion has finally worn off and realised they just aren’t good enough. Now maybe the guy that scored/assisted over 30 goals last year might be better than mr 0 J Lingz.
Ole should had read the forum to save time :D

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Simon Stone's mentioned him (for the first time, perhaps?)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51060183

A player they have been linked with repeatedly over the past few months is Sporting Lisbon's Bruno Fernandes.

In the summer, United indicated Solskjaer had no real interest in the 25-year-old, who Tottenham did have a firm interest in.

Fernandes subsequently signed a new contract in November, although it is thought to contain a get-out clause.

It has been suggested Solskjaer and his assistant Mike Phelan watched Fernandes in person when Sporting entertained FC Porto last Sunday.

The United boss avoided talking about the Portugal international in his news conference but he did say the club were looking at targets.

"I do go and watch games all the time," he said. "Where I go is irrelevant.

"In terms of signings, we still have the same thoughts we had a month ago. If something happens we will tell you."

Red00012

Fernandes , Grealish , Can , Eriksen, Maddison , van de Beek, G Fernandes, Vidal, Longstaff.

Am I missing anyone ?

Suvvernmanc

I think hes a good player. The problem last year was his price, it was far too much. Players dont usually cost alot from Portugal and sporting were asking well above the going rate. €70m / £59m is what they value him at which I dont think is too high a price for his quality. In my opinion its just that clubs feel Sporting were trying to extort us and other clubs. It would have set a new standard in fees going forward.

I think he is good enough and would like him here. But not instead of grealish or Madison. They are a level above in my opinion.

Adam-Utd

Ole should had read the forum to save time :D
Sometimes feel like the forum could run the club better!

all jokes aside though I think because he likes the players he wanted to let them show what they have - he obviously believed in them, but they just can’t show it when it matters.

as we know Lingard has personally been a big disappointment, perhaps we never did look beyond him being “wasteful” with the ball, but watching him it’s clear that he just likes a killer pass similar to KDB. That isn’t bad as long as you get plenty of output also.

Champagne Football

Yesterday we were definitely signing Van De Beek this winter. The day before that and we were definitely signing Boubakary Soumare. The day before that it was 100% Eriksen. Today Bruno.

The reality is that we're not signing anyone this winter unless it's some unheard of kid. Money will be saved for summer signings.

Adam-Utd

Seen him play live a few times, average as they come.
But average is better than poor which we currently have. he runs just as hard as Lingard but can actually score/assist along side it. What’s not to like?

EireRed_GS

Seen him play live a few times, average as they come.
hes looked pretty decent every time ive seen him play. And his stats for Sporting and Portugal are impressive, blow away majority of any of what we currently have playing

Gandalf

Is he world class? No. Is he better than what we have by some distance? Yes. I don't think it is happening but we know Grealish and Madison are not available right now and it is not as though we are over stocked with capable midfield players. I don't think buying him now would block signing one of the others come the summer, particularly as Matic is likely gone and it is beginning to look like Lingard could be sold. I will be delighted if we actually do this now.

theklr

Is he world class? No. Is he better than what we have by some distance? Yes. I don't think it is happening but we know Grealish and Madison are not available right now and it is not as though we are over stocked with capable midfield players. I don't think buying him now would block signing one of the others come the summer, particularly as Matic is likely gone and it is beginning to look like Lingard could be sold. I will be delighted if we actually do this now.
I will delighted if they sign anyone at all.

Lee565

Should sign him up whilst sporting are willing to let him go for less installments up front due to their financial problems continuing and Considering the state of our club, it's not like we can cherry pick top talent to join us unless it's purely for a financial reason but that's not a road we want to go down as we will just be entertaining mercenaries that will think the club should be lucky to have them here and down tools when they feel like which creates a bad environment around the squad.

I dont get why fans are so demanding of signing world class names or nobody at all, was wijnaldum world class when liverpool signed him, was Henderson world class when they signed him, same with fabinho. What about Leicester's midfield that is supposedly so much better than ours, were they world class player before joining them?

Last edited:

Mainoldo

Solskjær would play him as a deep line playmaker and he’d lose his ability to take set pieces. No thanks.

Green Arrow

I guess if we wanted him we would have done so in the summer. Having said that I don't think will we get him now or in this summer window.

Last edited:

ravi2

lock this thread, this is another PR special from Woodward and the board designed to placate the fans.
Every loss is the same shit from Ed. He must think he is dealing with children who still believe his horse shit

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
lock this thread, this is another PR special from Woodward and the board designed to placate the fans.
Every loss is the same shit from Ed. He must think he is dealing with children who still believe his horse shit
Woodward is great. Somehow briefs the news to Portugese media.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Targets like this one should be identified way before window opened. This is the time for actions, not another months/years of assessments.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
By all accounts he didn't seem to fit the criteria United were looking for last summer so what's changed now ?
Panic set in ?
Exactly this.
United's footballing experts decided that Bruno wasn't good enough for United because he took too many risks, allegedly.
But these might be the same football experts at the club that also decided that Van Dijk, Fabinho & Mane weren't good enough for United either... :rolleyes:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Still think this is BS and it's Maddison who will be our No 10.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
But average is better than poor which we currently have. he runs just as hard as Lingard but can actually score/assist along side it. What’s not to like?
I think this accurately describes the dilemma the club has at the moment. Average is better than poor, and Fernandes is most likely better than our existing options at number 10, but if he isn't great then its not worth throwing away £50m+ on him. Its better to wait for the ones that we feel could be great, even if that will hurt us this season.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The ‘averageness’ bit?

Status
Not open for further replies.