Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
We need more goals from midfield and creativity, that's how he'll help. That and he's clearly miles better than the options we currently have, obviously.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
As far as patchwork midfields go, Fred - Matic - Bruno wouldn't be half bad for a month or so until Pogba or McSauce are back.

How does a 10 help us, other than potentially replacing Pogba in future? If all fit, we will line up with Fred/Scott, Pogba and Fernandes. Defensively, not sure that’s good enough. I mean, if Ole is insistent on this wretched 4231 then of course, anyone but Lingard - but Pogba should be replacing Lingard in the XI, with another midfielder being brought in behind him surely?
Hopefully we can get a proper DM to replace McTominay.

Gandalf

Best clip I have seen of Bruno was from a preseason game when he was in the opposition penalty area and the guy behind him lost possession. The opposition swept up the field and most of his teammates jogged back towards their penalty area. The oppo striker was played in and as he went to pull the trigger Bruno appeared going like a train and won the ball back with a perfect tackle. Love to see effort like that and oh yes he would be the best MF at this club bar Pogba so pay the money Ed.

Adamsk7

This is on like Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, the girl version of Diddy Kong, Bubbles and Harambe (RIP).

Zoo

Best clip I have seen of Bruno was from a preseason game when he was in the opposition penalty area and the guy behind him lost possession. The opposition swept up the field and most of his teammates jogged back towards their penalty area. The oppo striker was played in and as he went to pull the trigger Bruno appeared going like a train and won the ball back with a perfect tackle. Love to see effort like that and oh yes he would be the best MF at this club bar Pogba so pay the money Ed.
Against Liverpool that was.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hopefully we can get a proper DM to replace McTominay.
Ideally, but a good DM and a good AM still needs something in between it to knit it all together. Think an all rounder should be top priority to play with Pogba and Fred. A 10 with them is defensively imbalanced.

JustinC00

Linked with a creative midfielder who we were linked to before days after we lost to the gooners and citeh and drew with wolves in which we had a combined 30 shots and only 7 on target in those 3 matches

Don't fall for it muppets.

I mean he's definitely the type of player we need.
But I just don't see it. Clear transfer gossip to get the supporters transfer muppeting after the last week

Judas

Open to offers
Linked with a creative midfielder who were linked to before and who fans wanted us to get l days after we lost to the gooners and citeh and drew against wolves in which we had a combined 30 shots and only 7 on target in those 3 matches

Don't fall for it muppets.

I mean he's definitely the type of player we need because Lingard isn't it and him hiring Raiola speaks of his intentions and Mata is a bench/rotation player now.

But I just don't see it. Clear transfer gossip to get the supporters transfer muppeting after the last week
Have you read the thread? This is going a bit beyond just a bit of gossip, like the Dutch lad at the start of the week. This. Is. On.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
It is his agent, but he has unliked the tweet. Whatever that means. Probably nothing.

beingshe7don

As far as patchwork midfields go, Fred - Matic - Bruno wouldn't be half bad for a month or so until Pogba or McSauce are back.
Would be great if we could pull off Soumare as well. I've got a feeling that we only went for Bruno because Eriksen snubbed us for Inter. We were hoping to get Eriksen in the summer and stalled on the Bruno deal and thought we had a chance in Jan and since that didn't materialize, so we opted to consider Maddison and Grealish and since those were gonna happen, we landed with Bruno. Either way, I'm really happy as I've wanted him here ahead of the likes of Eriksen, Maddison and Grealish.

thomas porter

If this happens I hope we ditch the 4231 and go 433 with Fred holding, Pogba on the left and Bruno on the right. We would still need 2 more midfielders in the summer too.

red_de_pologne

Taking adapting from a weaker league into account I doubt he'll offer MUCH more than Pereira this season, was hoping more we'd unearth some Kante regen from France

Thiagoal

Agent now ‘un’liked Rio’s tweet apparently! Ooohhhh I love these muppet dramas

Zoo

Can probably change the thread title now that Simon Stone has chimed in.

TheLittleOne

Isnt that what every journo and twat that wants attention does for likes and fame?
99.99999% of transfer news is absolute shite.
well said most are so full of bs. thing is even if the fans are 90% certain it is untrue (whatever they say) they still hope it is somehow the case. People who are emotionally invested are easy targets. Its like a desperate lover who deep down knows his girl is cheating but still hopes somehow she speaks the truth. and yes they gain attention and probably money because of this. Every caf member who is vaguely knowledgebale about transfer rumours could write these tweets...

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If we were to pull this off, what do people think this does to our chances of us getting Maddison in the summer? I’ve not seen much of Fernandes but with people saying he’s more of a 10, isn’t that the kind of position that Maddison likes to take up?
Thats my initial thought as well. Would be interesting to see if he plays in MF or in the ten or as a false ten.

Still need another few MFs even if we do buy him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Simon Stone is saying that Richard Askham has coroborated the reports from Portugal and has the info verified which backs up the Poruguese media.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If we were to pull this off, what do people think this does to our chances of us getting Maddison in the summer? I’ve not seen much of Fernandes but with people saying he’s more of a 10, isn’t that the kind of position that Maddison likes to take up?
Would be silly to sign them both imo.

Fooza

Won't believe this till the thread title is changed, then it's done dealio

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Simon Stone is saying that Richard Askham has coroborated the reports from Portugal and has the info verified which backs up the Poruguese media.
Now that's big.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
How does a 10 help us, other than potentially replacing Pogba in future? If all fit, we will line up with Fred/Scott, Pogba and Fernandes. Defensively, not sure that’s good enough. I mean, if Ole is insistent on this wretched 4231 then of course, anyone but Lingard - but Pogba should be replacing Lingard in the XI, with another midfielder being brought in behind him surely?
You're right, defensively it doesn't. I still think this can work out for us though.

Attack is the best form of defence and all that.

Pogba couldn't play as high forward as Bruno in that 10 role, nor press as well. He's not so good with his back to goal.

It looks to me like Ole is going to try and replicate his caretaker setup. The big reason it fell apart was yes the legs went, but Pogba man-marked and forcing us to attack through Matic/Herrera was the main reason.

The thinking behind it is, it's much harder to stop us if Bruno is the one forward and Pogba is deeper instead.

The potential drawbacks defensively are obvious but that's the gamble. We've got nothing to lose as it stands. We can't be any worse right now.

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Puts an end to any interest in Maddison and Grealish I would imagine

Status
Not open for further replies.