Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnslig

We spent all summer haggling over those players and didn’t seem to actually get the price down.
Might be because everyone in world football knows if they just keep rejecting and pointing at the price set, we'll cave eventually.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sporting really aren't in a position of strength for this negotiation. Either they will sell him for a fee we can agree on or we move on. They need the cash more than us needing bodies.

Barnslig

Sporting really aren't in a position of strength for this negotiation. Either they will sell him for a fee we can agree on or we move on. They need the cash more than us needing bodies.
Any specific reason they are in such a dire need for cash?

SteveW

We spent all summer haggling over those players and didn’t seem to actually get the price down.
Why lie? Palace initially asked for 70m, we paid 55m. Leicester asked for 90m, we paid 80m. That's 25m saved by haggling.

Why lie? Palace initially asked for 70m, we paid 55m. Leicester asked for 90m, we paid 80m. That's 25m saved by haggling.
And Palace wanted the Zaha clause removed which could have lost us big bucks.

We negotiated both deals pretty well in the end but it won’t stop people moaning. Looks like we played hardball with Sporting and called their bluff too.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Herrera didn't kick doors. This type of behaviour is one you'd expect from Raiola.
Keane was a nightmare. He punched players, he intentionally went hard in his tackles during training sessions against those who pissed him off etc.

devilish

So, apparently they wanted 65m in the summer.. No one was interested.

They came back and said they would consider a lower offer..

And now they want Rojo but dont want to pay his wages..

I dont understand why Woody even entertains these skint clubs..

Desperate for money.. trying to sell their best player to raise cash.. acting like they have the stronger negotiating position.. How incompetent do they think we are?

nevermind.. I dont want to know.
well maybe we are that incompetent. After all we spent 130m on the new Steve Bruce and a RB who can't attack, we gave a long term contract to Mata and Jones while letting Smalling go on loan, our managers is a joke and we started the season with no midfield, no RW and no cover upfront. You can't blame them for trying their luck.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
well maybe we are that incompetent. After all we're a top club with no midfield and RB + we spent 130m on the new Steve Bruce and a RB who can't attack. You can't blame them for trying their luck.
No right back, I know you’re wumming but consider me wound up.

If you think our RB is a problem then you know nothing about football. He’s the best defensive RB in the league, by a mile. He’ll develop the attacking side of his game, some improvement is already evident this season.

Off topic I know but couldn’t be left unchallenged.

Red Stone

Woodward paid extra for Fellaini because he faffed about. He paid extra for Maguire too. If I was in charge of Sporting I'd wait until the end of the month, because Woodward has a history of getting desperate at the last minute. We'll probably end up paying €90 million in the end because of that useless fecking wanker.

Judas

Open to offers
yes, I agree with that. But where will he play/who does he replace? If he comes into the #10 slot and we have a 3 of Matic Fred and Bruno we won’t see as much improvement as we would hope. But if he can slot into McTom’s usual place and we play a 3 of Fred Bruno and Andreas as the 10 we might be better of as a team.

edit: when we have McT and Pogba fit, of course Bruno at 10.
I don't get why you think this would be an improvement, you want Andreas as the number 10 first choice? :lol: :houllier:

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur

If you think our RB is a problem then you know nothing about football. He’s the best defensive RB in the league, by a mile. He’ll develop the attacking side of his game, some improvement is already evident this season.

People having a pop about AWB. Mental :lol:

devilish

It made a mistake which I corrected. It was meant to be RW not RB

Zen86

well maybe we are that incompetent. After all we spent 130m on the new Steve Bruce and a RB who can't attack, we gave a long term contract to Mata and Jones while letting Smalling go on loan, our managers is a joke and we started the season with no midfield, no RW and no cover upfront. You can't blame them for trying their luck.
Steve Bruce was a good player for us last I checked, or is this a whiney millennial thing?

Ban

Steve Bruce was a good player for us last I checked, or is this a whiney millennial thing?
It's just him being him. He doesn't miss a chance to absolutely shit on every United player, past present or future. We should be lucky he doesn't have some funny nickname for Bruce.

dirkey

So, apparently they wanted 65m in the summer.. No one was interested.

They came back and said they would consider a lower offer..

And now they want Rojo but dont want to pay his wages..

I dont understand why Woody even entertains these skint clubs..

Desperate for money.. trying to sell their best player to raise cash.. acting like they have the stronger negotiating position.. How incompetent do they think we are?

nevermind.. I dont want to know.
Woody? He's the Germans in The Simpsons when Burns tries to buy back the power plant.

devilish

He was a decent but not WC player. A rock ie strong but painfully slow. I wish I was a millenial.

devilish

It's a whiny devilish thing, he loathes English players, even started slagging off Greenwood as overrated English trash after his debut when he missed loads of chances.
I said we should keep the hype down something I insist upon till this very day

dirkey

He was a decent but not WC player. A rock ie strong but painfully slow. I wish I was a millenial.
Steve Bruce was absolute quality. A leader. Made up for his lack of pace with great reading of the game and serious courage. If Maguire is half as good as him, we'll have done well. Shameful post, to try and use a club legend to pour scorn on one of our signings.

devilish

Loathes English players, lives in the footballing super nation of Malta :houllier:
I don't overrate players which seems to be a natural thing to do in the UK. Someone should ask why England how won just 1 WC despite all these 80m rated players, captain marvels and white peles. However I do give credit when due. I think Scholes and Rio were the best players in their role in their generation.

Football in malta sucks big time. You don't expect better from a country which is the size of a local council

devilish

Steve Bruce was absolute quality. A leader. Made up for his lack of pace with great reading of the game and serious courage. If Maguire is half as good as him, we'll have done well. Shameful post, to try and use a club legend to pour scorn on one of our signings.
I suggest you go and rewatch the games. The EPL was dire at the time and the amount of space left at the back bordered to the comical. Bruce was decent and he served us well but he was not WC. He was physically stronger to maguire but he was slower and his passing well... Enough said

dirkey

I suggest you go and rewatch the games. The EPL was dire at the time and the amount of space left at the back bordered to the comical. Bruce was decent but not WC. He was physically stronger to maguire but he was slower and his passing well... Enough said
I don't need to rewatch the games. I never said he was WC. There has never been a team in history with WC players at every position. He was a great player, who was an absolute leader. We miss someone like him these days.

But you probably think Smalling, who can't pass worth a shit, is better because he's fast.

bigphil

I honestly think this won’t get announced until the weekend or following week. I think they are stalling just to have him available for the benfica game on Friday night. Frustrating I know, but can’t see any other reason bar Woodward haggling it down!

Status
Not open for further replies.