Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozer

Why is anyone even bothered by this saga?

Is Bruno of a level that will elevate us?

The bloke is in his mid twenties and still hasn’t left a pretty average Sporting team.
He’s 25. Deco and Moutinho didn’t leave Portugal until they were both 27, and they weren’t half bad.

Adcuth

Doesn't Bruno have a clause in his contract that requires Sporting to pay him 5m if they do not accept a bid of 50m or more?

If Sporting are as strapped for cash as reported, then I can see why Ed is holding firm at 50m.

Not only does Sporting need the 50m to balance their books, but I am sure they cannot comfortably afford paying Bruno an extra 5m when cash is so tight.

This approach doesn't negate the impact on Man Utd from the delay in bringing in needed reinforcements, but I can see why Ed thinks he has Sporting over a barrel and is refusing to budge.
He signed a new deal in the summer to remove that clause

Withnail

Madison is overrated because he is english just like Maguire was, like John Stones was, like Wan Bissaka was, like so many english players are.
I do believe when I see what Bruno is capable of, thats not down to the level of competition, its down to his skill. His passing, his shooting technique and power, that works regardless of level of competition.
Madison to me screams above average and not world class. Ditto Grealish. Ditto Declan Rice btw too. Ditto Sean Longstaff. Yet those are the players we will likely be getting in the summer because we have this crazy obsession now with signing British players no matter how much we spend on them. Yet someone like Dani Olmo gets sold for 20 something million. I just so strongly disagree with all that this team is nowadays. All they do is always wrong.
Longstaff and Rice aren't worth talking about and Grealish still has a bit to go as it's his debut PL season.

However, Maddison is playing for a top 4 side in the PL at 23 and has been their most creative player since he broke into the team.

He created the most chances in the PL last season in his debut season and is leading that stat again this year.

He's highly rated because he's a very good player and wouldn't need any time to adjust.

If anything Bruno is over-rated on here. He'll struggle to get double figures of either goals or assists in the PL and could take a year to 18 months to get up to the pace of the league so is more of a gamble imo.

AaronRedDevil

That and 'why is no other top club in for him' are the two most tedious responses on here, no offense to the respective posters. Football isn't always that simple
True. I fecking hate when people say it. It’s just moronic and short sighted. All the best players in premier league history all came from weaker leagues.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Wasn’t judging, as I’ve never seen him play. Hence the questions about his quality. I can only judge the circumstances as I see them.
I was responding more to your blanket statement about a player in his mid twenties playing in a poor league.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I was responding more to your blanket statement about a player in his mid twenties playing in a poor league.
Yeah fair. But the likes of Schmeichel, I would wager, are rare cases. In this day and age it’s difficult for really top players to go under the radar without being picked up for so long. I would be a tad worried about paying £50m plus for a bloke who has never actually plied his trade at the top level. Like I said, others will have actually watched him so interested if they think he can actually cut the mustard. Looking at how much the likes of Maguire AWB and James started well and have regressed to our shit standard, I’m highly sceptical of anyone coming in and making a good impact.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Why is anyone even bothered by this saga?

Is Bruno of a level that will elevate us?

The bloke is in his mid twenties and still hasn’t left a pretty average Sporting team.
What is this "us" that you are thinking of? We have one of the worst midfields in the league, playing pensioner Mata and Matic, and useless JLingz. Pogba has been injured all season and McT half of that. We literally have a single midfielder that is ok - Fred, and at this rate he can get injured from playing too much. Any decent midfielder will be a breath of fresh air for us. We are not CL-chasing Barcelona to be looking for the next Xavi and Iniesta. And no world-class star would even consider us for any amount of money because we are in horrible state. Let's be real.

troylocker

Longstaff and Rice aren't worth talking about and Grealish still has a bit to go as it's his debut PL season.

However, Maddison is playing for a top 4 side in the PL at 23 and has been their most creative player since he broke into the team.

He created the most chances in the PL last season in his debut season and is leading that stat again this year.

He's highly rated because he's a very good player and wouldn't need any time to adjust.

If anything Bruno is over-rated on here. He'll struggle to get double figures of either goals or assists in the PL and could take a year to 18 months to get up to the pace of the league so is more of a gamble imo.
He is not leading that stat this season though. Currently 4th behind KDB, Buendia and TAA. Still very impressive!

I do think Bruno will adapt quickly, with slightly lower numbers than in Portugal, though.

Both good players that would elevate our frist 11.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
What is this "us" that you are thinking of? We have one of the worst midfields in the league, playing pensioner Mata and Matic, and useless JLingz. Pogba has been injured all season and McT half of that. We literally have a single midfielder that is ok - Fred, and at this rate he can get injured from playing too much. Any decent midfielder will be a breath of fresh air for us. We are not CL-chasing Barcelona to be looking for the next Xavi and Iniesta. And no world-class star would even consider us for any amount of money because we are in horrible state. Let's be real.
I was just asking if he’s actually any good or whether we will end up spending £50m on another lad for the dross pile.

fps

Sign him up.

I’ve watched two minutes, they’re all passes through high lines being played by horrible defences. How is he when a team parks the bus and can actually get in a shape?

I’m not convinced at all. No one else is in for him. There are reasons for that.

Le Red

He was a few days past his 24th birthday when the scousers bought him.

I don't think it's comparable.
Yeah, lots of difference between a 24 year old youngling and a 26 year old rotting geezer.

passing-wind

Solskjaer / Woodward wasting time pursuing Fernandes and the likes of Olmo goes to the Bundesliga for less than the amount we paid for James.

All the fans lapping it up about a supposed transfer strategy change, and how Solskjaer has made fantastic signings it's actually nonsense. We are not identifying young talent outside of England. The only influence that will fix our recruitment is a DOF.

Le Red

The Caf on the age of players:
24 - Still green, needs time to mature and should be given chances sparingly.
28 - Shoot him behind a barn.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I’ve watched two minutes, they’re all passes through high lines being played by horrible defences. How is he when a team parks the bus and can actually get in a shape?

I’m not convinced at all. No one else is in for him. There are reasons for that.
Teams aren't defending with 10 guys in the box literally for 90 minutes. There'll be plenty of opportunities for defence-splitting passes.

LoneStar

Lingard is still young and has lots of time to reach his potential. AMs don’t reach their peak until later.
Yup we need to give him another contact extension, and then he'll fulfil his potential.

jackal&hyde

Some of the big clubs that are supposedly in for him, Real and Atletico Madrid have spent a lot during the summer and can't spend big money until the next summer due to ffp. He will leave for a big club this week or in the summer, no doubt about it.

Stadjer

Well he is supposed to be good at shooting too.. if he cant find the pass he can take a shot. Surely his shooting ability would be better than Fred, Pereira and Lingard combined?

Velvet Revolver

He seems like a perfect fit for our front three. Quick release for wingers and players and has a good shot on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.