Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the fecking point, they are only supposed to kick in if the fecker is good enough and can push us on and into the CL. Otherwise why's he so fecking expensive?

If they were as easily acheivable as "finish top 10" or "play 40 games", what would be the fecking point? :lol:

So this is either shit journalism feeding into the "we're a shit show, Judge is wank, Ed is wank" narrative that must win a shed load of click, else Sporting really haven't the foggiest.

Rajat Jain

I've gone past caring about this now to be honest.
Amen brother. Sign don’t sign, it won’t change anything about the faulty foundations of the club, it’s players, manager and policies.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
If he plays in for Sporting their NEXT game, then we definitely won’t sign him this month.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Just had a look out of curiosity, and that Sporting lineup seems absolutely shocking :D

I'm not sure whether to take that as him doing well to score goals in that side despite it being the Portuguese league, or it just being pretty easy to stand out when you're sharing a pitch with guys who flopped at Stoke and Sunderland.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
I'm not sure whether to take that as him doing well to score goals in that side despite it being the Portuguese league, or it just being pretty easy to stand out when you're sharing a pitch with guys who flopped at Stoke and Sunderland.
Well, those guys should fit right into our squad. We have a manager who flopped and took down Cardiff.

He often does though. It's usually one of the two of them. One had his first decent game in ages and the other still looked out of his depth against Tranmere. It's negligent to continue the rest of the season with those two while hoping Pogba comes back. Unless we have genuinely given up on top 4.
:lol:

To remind you, Tranmere are fighting relegation in League One. They'd probably be mid-table in League Two.

Amen brother. Sign don’t sign, it won’t change anything about the faulty foundations of the club, it’s players, manager and policies.
Agreed.
I remember during Moyes' season, we bought Mata for a club record fee. It didn't change anything. Moyes was still a disaster and he was put out of his misery a few months later.
Though of course, this was when standards were slightly higher than they are now. Right now we are rock bottom.

mu4c_20le

Just delivered a sweet cross. He'll fit right in here when the likes of Mata and Pereira miskick it just like his teammate.

edit: and now an assist knocked off by VAR because his teammate couldn't stay onside

Last edited:

RightSaidFredTheRed

Not saying isn't good, but the hype is as if we are talking prime Iniesta, Ozil or Zidane. I don't get that. Not that I can't be wrong.
I think its all relative. None of those players would have been transferring at their best to us even in our hay day. Now there is no way we would even be in the conversation.

Its the equivalent of De Bruyne, Messi, Mbappe, Neymar. None of them are coming to us.

Maddison is Premiership proven and about as good as we can expect given our continued lack of challenging for the title.

Putting it bluntly....name a better player who would come to us?! Fernandes maybe, but without the top league proof. Who else?

Dve

Fernandes having a fantastic game so far. His through passes and crosses are top notch. Could have had a couple of assists already, plus the one disallowed for offside.

RedMilo

My son has just come into the room, saying its definitely happening dad, ricardo fernandes (Bruno's brother :rolleyes:) apparently has been posting photo on social media saying he is in UK and it weird driving on our roads. Not sure its legit but thought I would share - #dontshootthemessenger

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
My son has just come into the room, saying its definitely happening dad, ricardo fernandes (Bruno's brother :rolleyes:) apparently has been posting photo on social media saying he is in UK and it weird driving on our roads. Not sure its legit but thought I would share - #dontshootthemessenger
Is @Zoo your son by any chance?

Drz

I think its all relative. None of those players would have been transferring at their best to us even in our hay day. Now there is no way we would even be in the conversation.

Its the equivalent of De Bruyne, Messi, Mbappe, Neymar. None of them are coming to us.

Maddison is Premiership proven and about as good as we can expect given our continued lack of challenging for the title.

Putting it bluntly....name a better player who would come to us?! Fernandes maybe, but without the top league proof. Who else?
That I would argue is where we need to do our homework and believe in it because De Bruyne was gettable when he moved from Chelsea, the likes of De Jong and Deligt were reported by a scout we let go, before that UCL run.

But I don't disagree with you, what bothers me is the price. In the sense it is a price for the calibre of player, as you say, we'd probably not get. But Maddison quality players must be gettable for cheaper than what Leicester is asking. I'm no scout though
but it becomes a matter of doing your homework and identifying that outside the EPL (I quite like F Ruiz at Napoli for example). I also agree that EPL proven has value added to it, then I'd say go for Grealish.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Caf exlusive clueless half-arsed half time Bruno Fernandshsh (sorry Portuguese lads, your language sounds like Spanish spoken with a mouthful of sand) scouting report:

To my eyes, he looks like a version of Mkhitaryan with a bit more fire to him. Good dribbler, good energy. Capable of one or two very nice looking bits of creativity, but only after giving the ball away several times attempting eye-of-the-needle passes that were never really there. I think our fans would get rather wound up at him rather quickly if things weren't going his way.

Watching that half of football has only really served to bolster the idea that any numbers he puts up in this league need to be taken with a massive pile of salt. For the disallowed goal, for example, it was a nice enough cross from Bruno, but the fella who stuck the ball in the net had time and space centrally on the edge of the 6 yard box to chest it down to himself and volley it in. The Maritimo lot just sort of stood there and let him get on with it.

Anustart89

Caf exlusive clueless half-arsed half time Bruno Fernandshsh (sorry Portuguese lads, your language sounds like Spanish spoken with a mouthful of sand) scouting report:

To my eyes, he looks like a version of Mkhitaryan with a bit more fire to him. Good dribbler, good energy. Capable of one or two very nice looking bits of creativity, but only after giving the ball away several times attempting eye-of-the-needle passes that were never really there. I think our fans would get rather wound up at him rather quickly if things weren't going his way.

Watching that half of football has only really served to bolster the idea that any numbers he puts up in this league need to be taken with a massive pile of salt. For the disallowed goal, for example, it was a nice enough cross from Bruno, but the fella who stuck the ball in the net had time and space centrally on the edge of the 6 yard box to chest it down to himself and volley it in. The Maritimo lot just sort of stood there and let him get on with it.
Can he control a ball that is passed to him though? If yes, he's an improvement on who we have occupying his position.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Does anybody actually care anymore. If we get him it’s not enough to sort the problems we have and frankly I’m once again fed up

Zed 101

what the feck is the point anyway we needed him at the start of the window, not the fecking end

Dve

A wonderful through pass a couple of minutes ago, now a shot in the crossbar and down. You can see why he has a lot of goals and assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.