Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
On after 55 minutes when we're 0-1 down and failing to break them down.
And he comes and starts giving the ball away while shooting from ridiculous areas cue the criticism from the commentators " Well,there's a reason no one else was in for him".
And it begins. It fecking begins dammit!:mad:

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Totally disagree. Fred has played at a higher level consistently over the last couple months than McTom has at any point in his short United career. Fred is a better passer and is more natural on the ball. He also gives us more quickness defensively. I like McTominay a lot for the squad and would have no qualms playing him in a game, but he’s behind Fred right now, fit or not.
Let’s see what Ole thinks!

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Is he going to have his debut in a game where there is supposed to be a mass exodus in the 58th or 68th minute? :lol:
That won't happen now, for 2 reasons.

1) We've signed a player
2) The idiots at Woodward’s house last night will prevent as many people wanting to protest.. I think it’ll pick up again, but last night helped nothing

Strelok

And he comes and starts giving the ball away while shooting from ridiculous areas cue the criticism from the commentators " Well,there's a reason no one else was in for him".
And it begins. It fecking begins dammit!:mad:
Tbh I don't expect much from him, especially his shooting which reminds me of Depay. Accurate but not very powerful, and PL keepers are on a different level.

But is he better than Lingard, Pereira or Mata? Definitely.

Redbandito

Let’s see what Ole thinks!
Sounds good! Either way, I’m glad we have some more quality at CAM. Don’t know how long it will take him to find his footing in the PL, but I think he brings a lot more ability than Lingard or Pereira. It’s a good day!

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Bruno, Pogba, McTominay, Fred, Matic and Pereira rotating for 2/3 positions should do nicely for the rest of the season.

Then in the summer we can look towards finding a midfielder to replace Matic/Pereira. Hopefully if Pogba stays we'll have less work to do and we can focus on that elusive RW spot.
RW, Rotation Striker, DM
If we can get our shabby recruitment sorted and fill these positions with the right players and keep pogba then I believe we finally have a squad that can win things.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Tbh I don't expect much from him, especially his shooting which reminds me of Depay. Accurate but not very powerful, and PL keepers are on a different level.

But is he better than Lingard, Pereira or Mata? Definitely.
Who are you? the fecking Hulk?

He clearly hits it very hard, you can tell by the way the ball "stands up" as it's hit, it just doesn't move.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Spurs went for Lo Celso last summer in preference to Fernandes … so it will be interesting to see how the latter gets on in the Prem.

cyberman

Spurs went for Lo Celso last summer in preference to Fernandes … so it will be interesting to see how the latter gets on in the Prem.
Spurs signed Ndombele as well so looks like the Spurs transfer magic has dried up.
Dont think this is a point you want to make clear right now

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Initial fee of £46m so of course Sky are going with BRUNO NEARS £68m MOVE!!

Strelok

He clearly hits it very hard, you can tell by the way the ball "stands up" as it's hit, it just doesn't move.
:lol:

Hope I'm wrong but that's what I see from watching his clips.

If you pay attention to players with supposedly good long shots who move from other leagues to the PL you'd see a common thing. All of them have to try to hit harder in order to beat the keepers in the PL, which resulted in less accuracy. Like Pogba for example, he scored a shit load of good ones in the serie A but hardly any here.

P/s: one more thing, you don't have to hit the ball very hard to make it "stands up", you just have to hit it "right". Watch a clip of Juninho (the Lyon one) and you'd see.

Last edited:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Fair enough.
I get there's been a lot of bullshit floating around earlier this month but the reports over the last 24 hours or so have come from trusted sources, and that makes it a different kettle of fish.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Sounds more like we are trying the old champ man cheat of offering the maximum fee, getting it accepted and changing the bid to £0! If it worked in 96, why not now!?!
:lol:

That takes me back. I got Patrick Kluivert using that trick.

Redbandito

RW, Rotation Striker, DM
If we can get our shabby recruitment sorted and fill these positions with the right players and keep pogba then I believe we finally have a squad that can win things.
I think we need to upgrade from Lindelof much more than DM at this point. Perhaps we have that guy currently on the squad, maybe not. For me, Lindelof, Shaw and Pogba all need to go. I’d like upgrades in this order...RW, CB, LB, a replacement for Pogba who is durable and is committed to working hard for the club, and someone to push Martial at the 9. I actually like the depth we have at DM with any of Fred, McTominay or Matic able to step in there, though Matic shouldn’t be back next year. Pogba is obviously a talented player, but he’s injured a lot, including soft tissue injuries which can occasionally indicate dehydrated or undertrained muscle. Guys that party a lot can end up with chronic muscle strains. With Pogba looking around in the preseason, and his well documented extracurricular activities, I don’t think the club can count on him to lead this team game in and game out. Martial has had a decent year, but I do think this an area we should look to improve...unless they ultimately want Mason to be the guy to push him. As for LB, count me as one of the Brandon Williams fanboys. I think he’s the long term solution there, but I’d like to see United add a veteran to push him, and if he’s not ready, own the position until he is.

Reactions: Sultan

Deuterium

Where are all the flight tracker muppets, eh!?

Let me contribute:
TP1336 departed Lisbon to London 20 min ago.

RedNed77

I get there's been a lot of bullshit floating around earlier this month but the reports over the last 24 hours or so have come from trusted sources, and that makes it a different kettle of fish.
I'll be honest, I've not been 100% behind this transfer and the tedious amounts of "deal done in next 24 hrs" have further jaded me. But feck it, its a transfer, a player I havent seen that much of and my muppet juices are starting to flow now. Bring it on.

thepolice123

Just pure dinosaur thinking. This "PL is too tough for flair players from lower leagues" narrative is still prevalent after so many years. Unbelievable.

theklr

I think we need to upgrade from Lindelof much more than DM at this point. Perhaps we have that guy currently on the squad, maybe not. For me, Lindelof, Shaw and Pogba all need to go. I’d like upgrades in this order...RW, CB, LB, a replacement for Pogba who is durable and is committed to working hard for the club, and someone to push Martial at the 9. I actually like the depth we have at DM with any of Fred, McTominay or Matic able to step in there, though Matic shouldn’t be back next year. Pogba is obviously a talented player, but he’s injured a lot, including soft tissue injuries which can occasionally indicate dehydrated or undertrained muscle. Guys that party a lot can end up with chronic muscle strains. With Pogba looking around in the preseason, and his well documented extracurricular activities, I don’t think the club can count on him to lead this team game in and game out. Martial has had a decent year, but I do think this an area we should look to improve...unless they ultimately want Mason to be the guy to push him. As for LB, count me as one of the Brandon Williams fanboys. I think he’s the long term solution there, but I’d like to see United add a veteran to push him, and if he’s not ready, own the position until he is.
We're definately not going for another CB any time soon, there is an replacement for Pogba, an RW, striker and yes, a CDM ,we need to sort out much before that.
Not to mention we just bought one for 80 mill. Lindelof is of acceptable quality for us if we get a proper and pure CDM in.

Was hoping Tuanzebe would be our "new" CB, but with that injury record it is looking bleak.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Spurs signed Ndombele as well so looks like the Spurs transfer magic has dried up …
Say what? Ndombele and Lo Celso look to be excellent signings: the heart of our CM for years to come.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Strelok

Just pure dinosaur thinking. This "PL is too tough for flair players from lower leagues" narrative is still prevalent after so many years. Unbelievable.
I didn't say anything regarding his physics or " too tough for flair player from lower leagues". Just his long shots. Hope I'm wrong though.

ChaddyP

He's gone down in my estimations, he said it was done in the summer didn't he ?
Not mine. Yeh he said we were close to signing him. And I think while we weren't close there was definitely some there there considering we signed him 5 months later

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Bruno didn't fancy spurs by all accounts
Fernandes - post summer:

"Tottenham … was the only one I agreed to talk with, because there were other clubs that didn't interest me or whose project was not up to my expectations. Tottenham fit into everything I wish I had at that moment"

Status
Not open for further replies.