Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiddyUp

Noone was even half decent though. Valencia, Owen, Depay, Di Maria, Sanchez. All shit.

Ronaldo put a curse on it before he left. That's the only explanation.
It's only a number but when Valencia decided to give it up because the pressure was too much I was disgusted. No problem taking the captaincy though. Then it's given to Owen. The number has been devalued since CR, not because of him. I want someone to request the number not for it to be used as a bargaining chip.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
If Bruno can fire us into top 4 then he is worth every penny. Let's pray and hope that we start grinding out 1-0 victory.
I am sure he can provide us some goals from midfield this season. He is by far the best goal-scoring midfielder last season after all, despite playing in Portugal.

Adnan07

Why were people tracking flights at 12:00 when most sources said he will arrive tonight with a medical scheduled tomorrow.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
If he ends up costing us £68m, he'll have led us to a Champions League win, taking the Ballon D'or in the process, and become the best value signing of all time!
Yeah the media always chuck those add-ons onto a fee to make it sound huge. Every club would happily pay them as it means the club must be doing a bit on the pitch.

Pipan

My portugese friend who follows the portugese league says he will be able to improve us but that the fee is high for what we are getting. He scores a lot but he says Bruno shoots a lot.

Anyone know how good Bruno really is?

Mainoldo

Well Pogba's injured till God knows when.
Bruno hasn't yet signed for us and I expect it to take several months for him to settle in.
Fred is actually doing okay.

I just feel that expectations need to be managed.
Some of you are thinking that he is a Messi/Ronaldo/Mbappe/Neymar type game changer, which he isn't.
He'll definitely be an upgrade on Lingard and Pereira, who are next to useless, but don't expect anything Earth shattering from him.
Flip reverse we don’t need Ronaldo/Messi etc to be a good time.

I don’t know the point your trying to get across. That is the midfield I was like to see and I expect that midfield to perform. If it does Not perform; like our defence.. questions need to be asked and not we require a new shinny toy.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
no matter who the DM is Pogba will always be a liability deeper, it's a waste of him as well
Wrong. That is exactly the position Pogba played alongsidr Kante (DMF) during the world cup and he was neither a liability, nor a waste - he was brilliant in the same 4-2-3-1 formation that we are trying to play.

Playing deep in the midfield doesn't mean he was defending, it means he was jump-starting the attacks from the deep. Considering he can dribble and make amazing long passes - he can be very effective in that position, and actually was for France. Not so much for us because we don't have a strong DMF to support him when he sometimes loses the ball.

Last edited:

RedfromIreland

My portugese friend who follows the portugese league says he will be able to improve us but that the fee is high for what we are getting. He scores a lot but he says Bruno shoots a lot.

Anyone know how good Bruno really is?
Well if he shoots a lot and scores a lot he’s what we want.

SoCross

Can’t wait for the Player Performance thread to come up!

Followed by the inevitable “he’s just a poor man’s Lingard” comments.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
This deal represents fantastic value considering we bought Fred from Shaktar for roughly the same amount. Also his salary is also with the current trend of performance related incentives which shows we have learnt our lesson. With better scouting network in place ( ground work on this has been done in last 3 years), things might start getting better in next few years.

AshRK

Some really good passes. The best thing is he is good with both his feet and doesn't take too much time on the ball. Looking forward to see how he does here.

Ram1fy

His passing seems to be perfect the kind of counter attacks we keep starting, so hoping he's a good fit.

Victor -- Fred -- Pogba -- Bruno -- Rashford -- Martial

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
It's only a number but when Valencia decided to give it up because the pressure was too much I was disgusted. No problem taking the captaincy though. Then it's given to Owen. The number has been devalued since CR, not because of him. I want someone to request the number not for it to be used as a bargaining chip.
This!

Strelok

Some really good passes. The best thing is he is good with both his feet and doesn't take too much time on the ball. Looking forward to see how he does here.
This is exactly what I would expect from him.
We need someone who can deliver good quality passes and can hold the ball well.

Enough shooting from range with just Rashford imo, imagine both making a contest who can shoot more ...

Devil may care

I've only seen YouTube videos (when he does appear a more attacking midfielder) but read an article on him today (linked) which gives some thoughts on where he has played/maybe could play.

Apologies if already posted ... hard to keep up with the rate the thread pages are growing!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/51285178
Actually it was Grealish we were debating playing deeper, I don't see Bruno playing deeper as he's too careless in possession, he's going to operate as a #10 IMO, regardless of who is the manager.

Wrong. That is exactly the position Pogba played alongsidr Kante (DMF) during the world cup and he was neither a liability, nor a waste - he was brilliant in the same 4-2-3-1 formation that we are trying to play.

Playing deep in the midfield doesn't mean he was defending, it means he was jump-starting the attacks from the deep. Considering he can dribble and make amazing long passes - he can be very effective in that position, and actually was for France. Not so much for us because we don't have a strong DMF to support him when he sometimes loses the ball.
Actually that is wrong, it's a common misconception that has created a false narrative, if you watched France play you can see Matuidi playing as the supposed left side of the 3 behind the striker actually tucks inside and makes up a midfield 3 with Pogba and Kante, offering extra defensive cover, we play with actual attackers on the LW so it isn't the same and he'd be a liability no matter who the midfield partner is.

reddevilchennai

A midfield trio of Fred/McT, Pogba and Bruno looks good than what we had for last few years.

Hope they can assist and score more goals.

diarm

The thing every one of those passes in that video have in common is the runs being made by the recipients. We just don't make those runs at United - in fact, if you look at lads like James when they came first compared to now, we appear to be actively coaching it out of players.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23

The pass at 1:07 is unreal :drool:

Our fast players are going to benefit from his passing range. Hopefully Pogba stays, that would make our midfield solid.

ReddBalls

The thing every one of those passes in that video have in common is the runs being made by the recipients. We just don't make those runs at United - in fact, if you look at lads like James when they came first compared to now, we appear to be actively coaching it out of players.
The runs are not coming because neither Pereira or Lingard is capable of spraying those passes.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
Sometimes one player can turn the luck of a club. Cantona did it for us all those years ago. Salah has done it for Liverpool over the last few years. I hope Bruno is that man.

Status
Not open for further replies.