Bruno Fernandes signs a new contract until 2026+1

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Only player in the squad who deserves it.

Chairman Steve

Awesome. He’s probably going to finally get the No.8 shirt too with Mata leaving.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Good news, despite the moaners he is a great footballer.

wolvored

Great news. Give him Matas shirt number. Get a good cdm and a b2b player behind him now.

siw2007

Fantastic news. He’s had a tough season but has been such a big player for us since the day he signed and hope he can continue to be for a number of years to come.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Lovely stuff.

Hopefully he wins some trophies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Not the best timing imo but he probably deserves the pay rise. I personally wouldn’t be offering any new contracts out until a new manager comes in and we reset properly.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's him committed for his prime then, great news.

Let's hope we can build a team and get a manager capable enough of winning him the league.

Nickelodeon

He has earned it. While his performances this year have been inconsistent, he at least posts respectable stats even in an off period. Hopefully, the new manager will get better performances (rather than stats) out of him.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

201 chances created only 25 assists. WTF kind of finishing exists in our team?!?!

PS) I'm happy Bruno's committed his future to the club.

Acole9

Outstanding
Great news, wouldn't have blamed him if he did decide to move on. Football is a pretty short career.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Great news, hasn't been at the peak of his powers this season, but for the year after he signed I personally think he was the best player in the world. I still think he is our best player and the best signing in the post Fergie era by a country mile!

LoneStar

One of the only players who absolutely deserve a new contract. Bruno in form is our best player to watch post Fergie imo.

Cloud7

Guess he’s now committed for his best years with us. Hopefully we can build a functioning team with him as one of the key cogs rather than relying on him to do everything. The team and him as a whole would benefit from that, and I think he would benefit a lot from a manager with a clearly defined setup and way of playing.

Flexdegea

Talksport was painful to listen too earlier with Jordan and keown. You'd think Bruno was cleverly.

Quite obvious why the club gave him a improved one now even as he has got years left on his contract. This will be his last big contract at the club as he be 31 by time it ends.

He could have a Stormer next season and year after, and the contract will be running down they would have to give him even more money than they offering at the moment as he could leave on a free, and by then he will 30.

Be same as issues Liverpool having at the moment with Salah.

Surprised super business man Jordan didn't see that.

Born2Lose

Very good news, hopefully they've promised him a half decent DM signing in the summer so he can concentrate on doing what he does best.

Drifter

American
Good news. Hopefully this is a sign that we are getting things done early

R'hllor

Congratz to him, still think its one year to early. There are thing or two that really cant stand about him but comparing him with other post SAF transfers, he is only one that didnt go in minus from day one unlike everyone else.

sugar_kane

Great news and nice to see the caf largely united on this being the case.

Not only is he our best signing since Fergie by a country mile, but I genuinely get the impression he cares about being a United player and it’s not all just bullshit PR.

Hughes35

Glad he's signed and committed his future. Hopefully this lets him kick on as he's been quite poor for a while now.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Awesome. He’s probably going to finally get the No.8 shirt too with Mata leaving.
Going to be a fair bit of "first 11" number swapping I think with all of 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 11 potentially being available. 3, 6 and 8 should be with questions over the other four. Varane would probably get the #4 shirt, Bruno definitely the #8 and Sancho the #11/#7 depending on what goes on with Greenwood and Ronaldo.