Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baneofthegame

Well actually it changed absolutely NOTHING but his wage. Not the terms nor the contract length.

”It appears a wage increase may be the only change made to Fernandes' terms, however. His contract is still due to expire in 2023 and has a release clause worth €100 million (£85.4 million), identical to the five-year deal he signed in July 2018.”

Lies! And you know it @AneRu as does everyone in here who keeps posting this shite.

Leicester originally wanted 90m for Maguire. Widely reported but here’s a good source.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...ter-united-harry-maguire-will-cost-least/amp/

Palace wanted 50m up front for AWB and the removal of United’s 25% Zaha sell on. We negotiated them to 45m up front and the sell on remained in place.
Why talk sense when you could blame the club.

People say we got shafted for Maguire while also forgetting one of the best run clubs in the world who have 3 DoF and one of the best managers bid 70 million for him.

Our fan base is crazy sometimes.

Why talk sense when you could blame the club.

People say we got shafted for Maguire while also forgetting one of the best run clubs in the world who have 3 DoF and one of the best managers bid 70 million for him.

Our fan base is crazy sometimes.
People also love to make out we're the only club that struggle with deals, conveniently forgetting how Liverpool took two transfer windows and a record fee to land VVD. How Bayern spent 8 months trying to buy a Chelsea youth product for 40 odd million and/or Sane and ended up with neither, eventually desperately having to loan Coutinho last minute due to it.

There's are literally tonnes of examples but our fans just want to ignore them because "Woodward is shit init". I mean, he is, at other parts of his job but I don't see why him or Judge deserve criticism for James, Maguire or AWB.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Yep even in the EPL. I watched the game on Friday and he's was on the floor a lot. He would take time to adjust.

And at that price, I'm sure if we offered what we're offering to Villa for Grealish I think they'd be tempted
I can’t say that I disageee with any of that.
I’d add that Buendia looks far more PL suited for us than Bruno Fernandes. Very impressed yesterday

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
People also love to make out we're the only club that struggle with deals, conveniently forgetting how Liverpool took two transfer windows and a record fee to land VVD. How Bayern spent 8 months trying to buy a Chelsea youth product for 40 odd million and/or Sane and ended up with neither, eventually desperately having to loan Coutinho last minute due to it.

There's are literally tonnes of examples but our fans just want to ignore them because "Woodward is shit init". I mean, he is, at other parts of his job but I don't see why him or Judge deserve criticism for James, Maguire or AWB.
People want to moan about anything and point to one single thing as the reason as to why we're in the position we're in, when in reality, its multi-faceted.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
If Bruno does not force this transfer with Sporting then we can consider it dead.

People want to moan about anything and point to one single thing as the reason as to why we're in the position we're in, when in reality, its multi-faceted.
It's easier to blame it solely on Woodward that's for sure. Moyes and OGS/Phelan should tell you a different story though, in that we do still have footballing people in the club making decisions but generally pretty shit ones at that. I guess you could blame Woodward for listening to SAF, Gill etc but of course he does, he's a finance guy, they are football guys and the owners still have the final say, so if they buy into a SAF idea about bringing back Phelan with Ole, what can he do?

I personally think we have so many issues, and I don't think the fabled DoF will solve it, it could just as easily make things worse. I do however think we finally have an idea about how to recruit now though, in that we now appear to recruit for the club and not just for the current manager, so despite our shit position and average manager, I'm more hopeful than I have been for a few years that we might be heading in the right direction.

Baneofthegame

Precisely, we are not perfect by any means and we definitely lack in areas we could be improved upon by having proper football personnel in those positions.

But people act like all other clubs are perfect and all their transfers are successes or done in nano seconds for always the correct price.

Same thing with supposed penny pinching benefitting the Glazers, if we overpay we are idiots, if we don’t cave in and pay the supposed “value” it’s “LETS JUST EXTEND LINGARD AND LET THE GLAZERS BECOME TRILLIONAIRES OFF OUR BACKS!!!11!!”

We need to start running our club correctly at every level, if we are building a sporting project and he’s not a number 1 target then they can keep a disgruntled captain, or, they can negotiate with us to something both parties can agree to.

This coming from someone who thought we needed two midfielders minimum this window.

Alabaster Codify7

Ole's obituary is being written. If we dont sign anyone this window, he's going into war with a threadbare and poor squad, and we'll finish around 8th - and he'll be sacked. We cannot concentrate on more than one player, so if this deal dies, we're done for the transfer window. Shambolic, pathetic planning yet again.

Godfather

Ed Woodward must be one of the worst at his job. Incredible how incompetent he is and even more incredible how long he sustained in his job.

He also might cost Ole his job. One or two injuries to this squad and we are fecked.

Ranchero

Maybe. I reckon it’s more like 60-40 we do. I may be wrong I just think it’s a lot of posturing before both sides are able to say they got what they wanted out of the deal.

However, if the the deal goes north of £60 million in value, United are absolutely right to walk away. He looks a very good player but we should be prepared to sign at ALL costs? I’m not sure about that.
This is a narrative i do not get. We would do business at £60m but not at £68m?

I mean, come on. This is Perisic all over again.

gr3yham3

Not in January. At least not in my opinion. Euros are in the summer and there is a chance that helps Sporting's case for the figure they want.

I am 100% sure he is gone by the summer. January though..not too sure.
hmm.. what do you think the Sporting fans' reactions will be if Bruno refuses to play or hands in a transfer request? As I understand, most of you think he deserve to leave to a bigger club?

dove

Ed Woodward must be one of the worst at his job. Incredible how incompetent he is and even more incredible how long he sustained in his job.

He also might cost Ole his job. One or two injuries to this squad and we are fecked.
And why is that? Because we reportedly refuse to pay £65m + £15m for him?

I’ve never watched him play, but the question I ask is why where we and Spurs the only clubs interested in him in the summer.
Why were Liverpool the only club interested in spending 75m on VVD?

Why were Liverpool the only club interested in Salah?

etc etc. It's a pointless question. Priorities change from club to club, Spurs needed someone to replace Eriksen, United play with a 10 but have no-one to play there.
Madrid, Liverpool, City, Juve, Bayern, PSG don't have the need right now. Chelsea can't.

Godfather

And why is that? Because we reportedly refuse to pay £65m + £15m for him?
We are after that guy since the summer. Should have sorted this ages ago or look for alternatives. We look complete idiots in all of this when the reality is that our squad is paper thin and needs strengthening.

Ranchero

We have more than one or two and we pretty much are. It is a sticking plaster side.

I don't think Ed has anything to do with squad building.

Ole, Phelan and the transfer committee decide on all out and incomings.

Last edited:

Ranchero

Please can we understand the concept that the Euro is not the same as the pound. If it is €80m, that is £68m.

Godfather

I don't think Ed has anything to do with squad building.

Ole, Phelan and the transfer committee decide on all out and incomings.
Well they are doing a shit job as well. Going after the same guy since the summer when the asking price was too high back then too and not even look for alternatives?

But since they seem to want him Ed should deliver. Simple as.

Well they are doing a shit job as well. Going after the same guy since the summer when the asking price was too high back then too and not even look for alternatives?

But since they seem to want him Ed should deliver. Simple as.
Ed shouldn't just agree to release funds for whatever a club asks, and Judge absolutely SHOULD do his job and negotiate down. Why is this lost on so many?

I've got a novel idea, we're short on options, we've gutted our squad. If a selling club is playing silly cnuts, use our network of scouts and Ole's own black book and find us a potential gem or two, rather than blaming Woodward for not just paying up whatever a club demands.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It's easier to blame it solely on Woodward that's for sure. Moyes and OGS/Phelan should tell you a different story though, in that we do still have footballing people in the club making decisions but generally pretty shit ones at that. I guess you could blame Woodward for listening to SAF, Gill etc but of course he does, he's a finance guy, they are football guys and the owners still have the final say, so if they buy into a SAF idea about bringing back Phelan with Ole, what can he do?

I personally think we have so many issues, and I don't think the fabled DoF will solve it, it could just as easily make things worse. I do however think we finally have an idea about how to recruit now though, in that we now appear to recruit for the club and not just for the current manager, so despite our shit position and average manager, I'm more hopeful than I have been for a few years that we might be heading in the right direction.
What baffles me is who they think should be CEO? Woodward got dealt a bad hand being advised to employ Moyes and has been scrambling to get out of that bad decision ever since. I think he's levelled out recently and it's actually seen postive change. The academy appointment of Butt for example and our youth development has felt like it's really improved. I think a DOF is a nice idea, but we need to be In a far more stable position to have one.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
Some of you are infuriating. We can't have clubs trying to mug us and ask for enormous fees, you guys are so insufferable for blaming OUR CLUB in these cases, it's the Sporting that's been horrible.

dove

We are after that guy since the summer. Should have sorted this ages ago or look for alternatives. We look complete idiots in all of this when the reality is that our squad is paper thin and needs strengthening.
Apparently we didn't want him in the summer. You shouldn't believe everything you read on twitter cause journos say what they are being told to say. We don't know the exact reason Bruno deal has staggered. It seems that there are 2 reasons, 1 might be a brief from us (Sporting suddenly increasing the asking price since they removed Mendes agency from the deal), another one from Sporting is that our offered bonuses are a joke (winning CL). Both sides try to make another side look incompetent. We have no idea what happens behind the scenes but if Sporting really did increase their asking price we should definitely stop all negotiations and tell them to feck off. We have been pushovers for too long now, it's about time we stand our ground, there are other players in the world.

We have been pushovers for too long now, it's about time we stand our ground, there are other players in the world.
That's what annoys me, it's not that we should just give up and have a shit squad, it's that we should also say feck off instantly, we're buying this guy instead then for a fair price. There are so many players in Europe that would improve us massively.

Godfather

Some of you are infuriating. We can't have clubs trying to mug us and ask for enormous fees, you guys are so insufferable for blaming OUR CLUB in these cases, it's the Sporting that's been horrible.
Well then move on and look for alternatives and stop wasting another whole transfer window? We have been so so wank in the window for ages now it's ridiculous.

dove

That's what annoys me, it's not that we should just give up and have a shit squad, it's that we should also say feck off instantly, we're buying this guy instead then for a fair price. There are so many players in Europe that would improve us massively.
Yeah, knowing the right time when to back off the negotiations is the big problem we have. We spend so much time negotiating on 1 player (and we look to be incapable of negotiating with multiple players at the same time at all) that eventually we waste all transfer window and then we either panic buy someone or don't buy anyone at all as it's too late.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

25% the folks here belong to the 'grass is greener on the other side' category for most issues related to the club. Better managers, better deal, better players etc.

Then there are the 20/20 hindsighters.... that's got to be 30-40% of the folks here.

Godfather

25% the folks here belong to the 'grass is greener on the other side' category for most issues related to the club. Better managers, better deal, better players etc.

Then there are the 20/20 hindsighters.... that's got to be 30-40% of the folks here.
And then there is the Top Red brigade that will call out any fans criticizing the club or how it's run and no matter how bad things are will sit on their high horse and blindly eat every shit that is served to them. Would say ca 35% of "the folks here".

Ban

This place will turn on him faster than it did with Maguire and Pogba if we pay 80m for him. And the scary thing is they are easily better players than Fernandes.
This. On the one hand they're like give the money whatever they want but they'll be the same who'll point out he wasn't worth the money.

Ban

And then there is the Top Red brigade that will call out any fans criticizing the club or how it's run and no matter how bad things are will sit on their high horse and blindly eat every shit that is served to them. Would say ca 35% of "the folks here".
I'd say you're completely wrong.

Godfather

This place will turn on him faster than it did with Maguire and Pogba if we pay 80m for him. And the scary thing is they are easily better players than Fernandes.
Maguire surely isn't. But that's beside the point.
It will be those that think we should wait until the summer and get one of their beloved Maddison or Grealish when in reality we would have to pay even more for Maddison and probably the same for Grealish and especially Maddison surely isn't a better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.