Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Said in the Summer, and i'll say it again, the only way this deal is happening is if the club have given up trying to convince Paul Pogba to stay.

If Pogba stays he(Bruno F) ain't coming.
I don't believe that. Pogba has been sidelined with an injury for a lot of this season now so I doubt clubs are biting our hand off as much as we would want (and maybe he would want) - not to mention Matic at minimum will leave, we ll likely see Mata retire or leave at the end of the season-so now we re down two midfielders-3 as soon as we have but one injury. I know our depth has been shite but I like to think the club is not going to dig itself an ever bigger hole.

jackal&hyde

Is anybody concerned that nobody else is seemingly interested in a player with his stats and apparent attitude who is openly available?
Duncan Castles in his podcast reported Real and Atletico Madrid are and, Tottenham made a bid last summer.

Bondi77

You're right, it is sad about Shaw. I was a huge fan too, but he hasn't been the same since he came back from the broken leg. Williams' instant impact just highlights how poor Shaw has been.
He was our player of the year last season and The fans player as well??

Ibi Dreams

He was our player of the year last season and The fans player as well??
We were shit last season, and I honestly feel as though people overrated him simply because for once he actually stayed fit. He's a good defender, but his fitness is very unreliable and he hasn't developed any end product at all.

jackal&hyde

Mendes is involved in the transfer, Castles is simply telling the world what Mendes wants him to.
It's possible. It's also possible that the midfielder with the best stats in Europe has attracted attention from the Worlds biggest clubs. The price was prohibitive last summer imo.

Strelok

Imagine the meltdown of this place if there's no deal by 1st Feb :lol:

And tbh I think there'd be no deal, hope I'm wrong though.

zenith

Imagine the meltdown of this place if there's no deal by 1st Feb :lol:

And tbh I think there'd be no deal, hope I'm wrong though.
I won't be sweating much if there is no deal by Feb. Probably gives us more time to evaluate and possibly get Grealish, who IMHO might be a better fit and more pl proven player

Allas8

It's possible. It's also possible that the midfielder with the best stats in Europe has attracted attention from the Worlds biggest clubs. The price was prohibitive last summer imo.
His stats are boosted. He is their penalty taker, and Sportings strategy is pretty much pass the ball to Bruno to let him score. Alot of his goals comes from terrible defending too. Last season in the Portuguese League, he scored 12 goals from open play.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Periera is a hard worker and he is capable of providing a decent cross on occasion, but those occasions are few and far between. How many assists does he have this season, 2-3? That's a poor return for any self-respecting number 10. I think Lingard has even worse stats.

They both need to go eventually.
To be fair, he hasn't always been played as a 10...

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
His stats are boosted. He is their penalty taker, and Sportings strategy is pretty much pass the ball to Bruno to let him score. Alot of his goals comes from terrible defending too. Last season in the Portuguese League, he scored 12 goals from open play.
Maybe he does play in a weaker league, maybe some of his goals are from terrible defending, maybe some of his goal were from penalty’s ... so what? He’s still had to score the goals, he’s still provided all the assists. He’s still done it. His stats have been fantastic for the last 2 seasons.

The guy isn’t a gamble in my opinion. He’s a gifted footballer who score and creates a lot of goals and that’s what we’d be buying. He’s clearly got drive and aggression and I think he’d adapt well to our league.

Crazy negativity on here, trying to justify how his achievements have been something other than talent and being a good player.

jackal&hyde

I don't understand your point. Being good at converting free kicks and pens is a bad thing? Pass it to Bruno and he scores or assists is also a fairly decent indication of his quality no? The Caf darling Madison had a big number of chances created last season but a third or more were from set pieces; should we not count those?

pearl1337

I don't understand your point. Being good at converting free kicks and pens is a bad thing? Pass it to Bruno and he scores or assists is also a fairly decent indication of his quality no? The Caf darling Madison had a big number of chances created last season but a third or more were from set pieces; should we not count those?
No not really, I get his point, because that doesnt really make him the playmaker he is set out to be

Strelok

I won't be sweating much if there is no deal by Feb. Probably gives us more time to evaluate and possibly get Grealish, who IMHO might be a better fit and more pl proven player
It'd be such a horrible scenario that I don't even want to imagine if Fred is injured right now.

Allas8

The point is we should only sign Bruno for the right price. Pay to much and he will be labeled as a flop, as he is not as good as people make him out to be. He is still is a good player that could end up doing a good job for us in the Premier League.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
It'd be such a horrible scenario that I don't even want to imagine if Fred is injured right now.
Don’t worry, we’d be fine, we could line up with Pogba, Pereira (if he’s still here) and Garner or... er ...Pereira (if he’s still here), Pogba and Garner or ... er ...

We’ll be fine :)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I worked with an organisation who tend to open new properties in New markets. Since we were new in the block we often end up overspending mainly because contractors do not know us and we can't delay the project because we are counting the pennies. Once the company make a name in that market and they are an established name then yes they become picky

United could play that game if we had a competent squad to rely upon. Unfortunately we aren't in that position. The midfield is non existent and failure In buying will cost us top 4

We can't strip the team to its bare bones and then rely on excuses for not spending money

Zoo

Bruno Fernandes's United offer expected in the next few hours

Strelok

Don’t worry, we’d be fine, we could line up with Pogba, Pereira (if he’s still here) and Garner or... er ...Pereira (if he’s still here), Pogba and Garner or ... er ...

We’ll be fine :)
Yeah we'll be absolutely fine :wenger:

jackal&hyde

The point is we should only sign Bruno for the right price. Pay to much and he will be labeled as a flop, as he is not as good as people make him out to be. He is still is a good player that could end up doing a good job for us in the Premier League.
My hope is to improve the team. How much we pay and how some judge a player by his fee is irrelevant to me.

elánius

Somehwat I think. Says Mendes is in the UK trying to speed things up.
Well Mendes is supose to be in UK to finalize the other Fernandes trasnfer (to Spurs), but they have a same agency called POSITIONUMBER. I am not really sure what is happening right now, but we just need to hope that our management is clever enough to at least tryo to strengthen our team. I believe that same story was over here last summer and some of those questions were answered over here.
redcafe thread

jackal&hyde

No not really, I get his point, because that doesnt really make him the playmaker he is set out to be
His point was about goals, not play making abilities, that would come from assists and chances created, at which he is also fantastic.

Precaution

Nothing wrong with getting a guy who has his heart set on playing for us and not just for the money, we've had way too many merceneries here so maybe someone with a little bit of heart wanting to play fof the shirt who has talent isnt out of the questionM

Classical Mechanic

It's probable. Castles is well know to be Mendes's mouthpiece in the UK press. Given Fernandes's stats the lack of interest in him has been eyebrow raising. Perhaps clubs have become sceptical of the the Portuguese media hype machine in recent years that has led to a number of big money flops.

I am sceptical on how good this guy really is. I do believe it's about mentality though. In a better league you get closed down quicker and you have less opportunities to be effective, there's less margin for error. I think this erodes the confidence of many players and they go into their shell. It's not like their technical abilities disappear in a better league. Hopefully Fernandes has the strength of character to succeed, its certainly been hinted at by Nani in his comments.

Allas8

His point was about goals, not play making abilities, that would come from assists and chances created, at which he is also fantastic.
Can make a point about assist too. Last season Pizzi got 19 assist in the Portuguese League, Bruno got 13.

jackal&hyde

It's probable. Castles is well know to be Mendes's mouthpiece in the UK press. Given Fernandes's stats the lack of interest in him has been eyebrow raising. Perhaps clubs have become sceptical of the the Portuguese media hype machine in recent years that has led to a number of big money flops.

I am sceptical on how good this guy really is. I do believe it's about mentality though. In a better league you get closed down quicker and you have less opportunities to be effective, there's less margin for error. I think this erodes the confidence of many players and they go into their shell. It's not like their technical abilities disappear in a better league. Hopefully Fernandes has the strength of character to succeed, its certainly been hinted at by Nani in his comments.
I agree. It would be absurd to expect him to make the same numbers in the PL as he does in Portugal. But if he gets even 30% of the goals and assists as he does now he would still be head and shoulders above all our mids except Pogba. Him embarrassing the Portuguese league suggests he can cut it at a higher level.

Withnail

We were shit last season, and I honestly feel as though people overrated him simply because for once he actually stayed fit. He's a good defender, but his fitness is very unreliable and he hasn't developed any end product at all.
It's debatable whether he's a good defender.

He's decent one on one but he can be awfully lazy at tracking back and positional unaware.

Crashoutcassius

I think the penalties point is reasonable and we hear it all the time with rashford. Bf has 13 goals in Portugal and europa, which are top stats across the leagues, but he only has 7 non penalty goals in all comps which is not chart topping and I doubt would get people excited if sporting had a different peno taker.

troylocker

Lets have a look at his stats the last 2 seasons:

18/19:
Appearances 53 in all comps for Sporting (4688 minutes)
Goals 32 (6 or 7 from the spot)
Assists 18

19/20 so far:
Appearances 25 in all comps for Sporting (2204 minutes)
Goals 15 (6 from the spot)
Assists 13

These stats are nothing but phenomenal for a midfielder (AMC, MC and MR)
He had more than 30 goalcontributions more than Lindgard, Mata and Pereira combined in 2019 in all competitions.

His numbers will be lower in the EPL, but he will definitely offer a lot to this team that we have been missing...

Status
Not open for further replies.