Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
@SportingCP96 do you think the deal is more likely to happen this window as compared to last summer? Still feel that it was ridiculous we did not go for Bruno back then.
I am very hesitant on January deals to be honest but it is a possibility. I think there might be a chance a deal gets put in place for the summer instead of January. They seal the deal now and sign the paper work in the summer. Who knows but there have not been too many extensive reports from Portugal. Neither would shock me really.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Bruno seems like a hard worker and a passionate player. This can only be a good thing for utd. He’s a baller and his quality may just help us get top 4. I believe!

class posts @SportingCP96!
No problem guys glad I can help!

SteveW

Seems like a desperate signing.

I'm saying this now - Fernandes will be another Mkhitaryan

We need hard workers. Grealish over Fernandes any day.
Fernandez is an absolute workhorse. Never stops running. You haven't a clue

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I am very hesitant on January deals to be honest but it is a possibility. I think there might be a chance a deal gets put in place for the summer instead of January. They seal the deal now and sign the paper work in the summer. Who knows but there have not been too many extensive reports from Portugal. Neither would shock me really.
I don't know Sporting's financial situation so I can't really comment on that. However if you're a selling club (apologies if you're not, my comment isn't meant to be taken as an insult), then the January sales is the best time you sell. I mean think about it. Maddison, Graelish, Havertz and Zaniolo won't move in January. There might, just might, be a move from Van Beek but I very much doubt so but that's it. There's just 2 top no 10s available in football and Eriksen seems set to Inter. This is the right time to make a real killing here.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He usually picks up the ball from deep and brings it up the field then using his creativity to make the best chance. If buy hold up play you mean can he hold on to the ball a little longer until the appropriate run is made for him to release the ball then yes, if you mean hold up play as in what a striker or center forward usually do then no.

Also ya I think if you just scroll through the beginning pages of most Bruno threads you will see me somewhere on there haha

I hope this somewhat helped though!
Ha,

Yea, it has helped give me some idea of the player.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

devilish

And that's what fecked him in Italy. The guy worked his socks off which meant that he was moved around while they kept the traditional no 10 in place.

SirMonteyne

He is the player we need most. I would not worry against mid-bottom table teams with him in the team, also he would massively improve our set-pieces. Plus he never stops running.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Don't bash him, I'm sure the lazy comparison to Mkhitaryan is accurate since this fellow have watched a ton of Sporing games.

Could it be possible that the player going the other way is Gomes? His family is from Portugal if I'm not mistaken and he is related to Nani, right? Would not be to shabby if we could insert a buy back clause in the contract. I don't think it's Rojo or Lingard, way to much wages for Sporting. I guess it could be possible though if we pay a chunk of their wages if one of them is going to Sporting.

WPMUFC

seems like a big reason for this now being possible (even likely) is that sporting need the cash, we can give them better terms on the payment structure than Spurs did, and woodward doesn't have to actually use any kind of skills. Usually i worry about woodward fecking things up, but Sporting need the money so he might actually pull this one off. :lol:

SATA

Seeing Sporting’s desperation to sell, i think we can probably push our luck if we push it down to 45M and they’ll accept it :lol:

I am joking, Sporting fans. You all have been great on the caf. I hope you get a good fee for the player and in return we get a good player ourselves

Son

The guy has impressive stats but I suppose it all comes down to him replicating those stats in the Premier League because then he would be worth huge money.
He must have been scouted by all the top teams and yet we are the only ones consistently linked to him through the media and no other club has bid for him so I cannot work out why the price is so high.
We should just bid 50mil for him and a lot of that 50 is based on him hitting targets and we can even offer him the PK role so he can boost his goal tally.
He won’t come close to last seasons stats in the Premier League but half of those would be 14 more than Lingard and Mata and would increase his worth even more playing for us.

Looks a bigger talent and more proven than Grealish, around the same age too. City paid around £60 million for Bernardo so makes sense it will be a similar fee.

croadyman

This guy and a right winger in January and we should make the CL one way or another.
Don't see a RW signing until the summer,think there is a slim possibility of a CM or striker in this window.

devilish

Would signing him stop us signing maddison or grealish in the future?? Or could either play with him.
That doesn't matter. Bruno is as good if not better then both of them and its said to cost 55m which is around 20m less then Graelish and 30m less then Maddison. You might not notice but we've got a rebuild in our hand. We can't keep spending all the dosh on players whose fee is 40% higher then it should simply because they are British.

With Pogba, Matic, Rojo, Lingard and Young out of the way then hopefully we can persuade Smalling to return + add, a RW, a DM, a stk and a RB in the summer. Id go for

RB: Meunier (free)
DM: Zakaria
RW: Zaniolo
Stk: Milik (he's got around a year of contract left) or Piatek

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don’t see it being a particularly nice selection headache when all our midfielders are back in that I just can’t imagine any of them justifying their place to a point that everyone will be happy with the team selection.

Fred - McTominay has been our only genuine partnership in midfield but there still question marks over both of them to varying degrees from some fans.

Ideally Pogba would have come back in and played ahead of them when fit but he’s going to be competing with Fernandes if that’s the case and if Fernandes is playing well then that’s not going to be an option (if he’s not playing well we’ve wasted another £55m and have another midfield mistake taking up a spot)

So maybe Pogba comes in instead of Fred with Fernandes ahead of him? Seems to be lacking a bit of balance to me.

Maybe I’m looking too much into it or too far ahead but he’s not the right midfielder for us and is not going to solve anything in the medium to long term and is just going to make the team selection more complex if anything. We really needed to sign a player who creates from deeper and runs the play. A Carrick, Kroos or Alonso type of player. Signing a Gerrard/Lampard type of player just causes teams major headaches if they’re not good enough to have a team built around them.

devilish

I think Maddison would be able in a 3 man midfield along with a deep lying defensive midfielder.
Maddison is a no 10. Bruno can play in a deeper role but he is more efficient as no 10. Graelish on the other hand can cover the LW role which won't hurt Bruno at all. I can't see us get Maddison. If Leicester could get 80m on the new Steve Bruce then imagine what they will ask for someone with actually the potential to be WC.

gr3yham3

Not yet but he’s just hired Raiola as his agent so it’s looking more likely.
When did he hire Raiola???

Maybe Ole thinks he can make the transition to play deeper like Scholes did at times and maybe more so when he gets older? He certainly has the workrate to do so .

Bondi77

He won’t come close to last seasons stats in the Premier League but half of those would be 14 more than Lingard and Mata and would increase his worth even more playing for us.

Looks a bigger talent and more proven than Grealish, around the same age too. City paid around £60 million for Bernardo so makes sense it will be a similar fee.
I agree that even if he achieved half of the stats in England that he has in Portugal he would be a big success.

I think the fee for Silva was closer to 40mil and that was on the back of him being a stand out for a very good Monaco side playing at the top level but I think whoever is going to be linked with us we are going to pay overs regardless.

gr3yham3

No it was a joke that apparently needed explaining, ergo not a good joke.
Heh. Anyway, if we go sign Bruno, I think he will cover lots of holes for us, like goals or assists from midfield, especially when Pogba is out. Oh and the set pieces as well. Wont be surprised if he is sometimes played out on the right like how Buendia plays for Norwich or Eriksen played sometimes for Spurs, or how Becks used to play for us. When Pogba gets back, it will only give opponents more to think about as it wont be just him alone who will be out creator as compared to having Lingard on the pitch- I think why Lingard " gets into good spaces" all the time is a a tactic used by opposing teams as they allow him to ball and space as he does nothing with it 99% of the time.

Of course, if Pogba leaves, Bruno will be a direct replacement and we can use the money, hopefully, to strengthen other areas of the team rather than worrying about getting a Pogba replacement.

Last edited:

Bwuk

All for this. Can’t say I’ve seen loads of him - but he seems the sort of player we need.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
The team desperately needs a creative player. I don't think he's surplus to requirements. Mata is coming to the end of his career - Pereira and Lingard have not scored or created much all season. The remainder of this season Pogba would play a deeper role with McT/Matic/Fred with much less defensive responsibilities.

Going forward, Maddison will be hard to prise away from Leicester and Grealish won't be available until the Summer and even then there will be a number of clubs after his services so no guarantees.

AaronRedDevil

So this guy can play as an 8 or a 10... we currently start Lingard and/or Pereira... and some on here are not interested :confused:
Yeah it's weird how everyone is putting him down. He's everything United need. A good bloody set piece taker and creative passing.

Highfather_24

---------McT---Pogba
James-Bruno-Rashford
-----------Martial

I see him fit in the team like this.

AneRu

I don’t see it being a particularly nice selection headache when all our midfielders are back in that I just can’t imagine any of them justifying their place to a point that everyone will be happy with the team selection.

Fred - McTominay has been our only genuine partnership in midfield but there still question marks over both of them to varying degrees from some fans.

Ideally Pogba would have come back in and played ahead of them when fit but he’s going to be competing with Fernandes if that’s the case and if Fernandes is playing well then that’s not going to be an option (if he’s not playing well we’ve wasted another £55m and have another midfield mistake taking up a spot)

So maybe Pogba comes in instead of Fred with Fernandes ahead of him? Seems to be lacking a bit of balance to me.

Maybe I’m looking too much into it or too far ahead but he’s not the right midfielder for us and is not going to solve anything in the medium to long term and is just going to make the team selection more complex if anything. We really needed to sign a player who creates from deeper and runs the play. A Carrick, Kroos or Alonso type of player. Signing a Gerrard/Lampard type of player just causes teams major headaches if they’re not good enough to have a team built around them.
Pogba started the season playing deeper and looks to more likely to be gone at the end of the season. Pogba - McT - Fernandes is good enough against around 15 teams in the league, you remember those we struggle t score against when they surrender possession to us?

When Pogba leaves we just get the DLP we clearly need and our midfield for next season transforms into New Signing - McT/Fred - Fernandes which is more balanced defensively and creatively. Having someone who is dangerous from long range is also useful against teams camping in their box and I think that he will divide the attention of defenders which will create more space for our attackers.

Classical Mechanic

I don't think he does look a bigger talent than Grealish, he's a hard worker but he isn't technically gifted or anything like Bernardo is. I see him more as an end product player. I've seen him play for Portugal mostly and he has a low bottom level, taking on countless shots that get nowhere near the goal and so on. It makes me a little nervous as to how he'll do. His stats do look great in the Liga NOS but worryingly the only guy with better stats than him over there this season is some bloke called Pizzi, a 30 year old with only 16 caps for Portugal.

AmanNits04

What I really like about him is the vision and the weight of his pass, most of our players generally feck up the weight of the pass, it's either too much Infront of the man or behind the man.

This guy's has vision, can play good passes, shoots really well, runs up and down the pitch. If our forwards keep running behind their defenders, he will easily find them
Dare I say, he is a similar player to De bruyne, obviously not upto De bruyne's level but he is similar to him
I am excited for this signing

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's excellent on set-pieces and has a outrageous strike on him hence his ridiculous G/A return. His work rate is also fantastic and for £50m he could prove to be better value in comparison to Maddison who I imagine would cost a minimum £80m from Leicester. It would also enable us to spend more on midfield and attack.

I'm hoping two midfielders will be bought in during the current or summer windows. The talk is that we're looking for midfielders that can play both the #6 and #8 roles which would give us flexibility. I think at least one of those mids bought should have elite level potential and that would probably be for the summer window. I'd be happy with VdB or Soumare to finish things off in the current window which would give us a great opportunity to finish in the top 4.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
---------McT---Pogba
James-Bruno-Rashford
-----------Martial

I see him fit in the team like this.
I know we've got a few injured out of those, but how much better does that look?

Status
Not open for further replies.