Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think Fred as the anchor would be more potent for attacking the bottom 10 teams. Just need a quality right winger on top of Bruno. Sancho and Bruno would really complete our attack
Sancho in place of James would enhance even more. But that won’t happen before summer if at all, and Pogba will have left by then.

Am hopping Pogna and Bruno will dramatically improve us into CL a qualification this term; hence making it easier to sign the likes of Sancho and Maddison in the summer.

noelyman

Weird penalty style. Don't want! :nono: To be fair it seems very effective. Oh go on then Ed we'll take him :D

DarkRed

Just copy paste:
* Sporting president Frederico Varandas and sports director Hugo Viana in London today to work on transfer.
* Sporting expect Fernandes bid as MUFC target a midfielder.

Why would they come to London to work on transfer if there was no bid? maybe it is some other club or this is just all BS?

SamVimes

Honest question, will he genuinely make a difference? I ask because if he was that good someone else would have bought him.

peridigm

Will be extremely pissed off if this leads to nothing yet again, or even worse he moves elsewhere like Spurs. :mad:
Don't hold your breath on anything happening with us but Spurs apparently beat West Ham for a loan of the other Fernandes. The same one we were rumored to be heavily interested in just last week.
:rolleyes:

vanderpants

It's easy to see what it going on here again, Ed is talking to agents to appease the fans so it looks like he is trying to sign players but then knowing it won't happen and the players agents whip up a transfer media storm so other clubs bid for him, happen with Spurs last year but it never happened and also Madrid were sniffing around him. Happens a lot and nearly always it's utd who get used.
Personally can't see it happening , we have been here before and it just feels a re run of last year

Xaviboy

He isn't going to spurs lads sure there only managing a loan deal for Gedson Fernandes from Benfica.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Let's hope he cries/wipes his eye again.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
50 to 60 million and I'd be alright with him going as he clearly deserves to be playing at a higher level instead of regularly having to save this shitshow of a team.

Still don't think he'll solve all the midfield problems you have at all and that even though he'll be a big upgrade on the likes of Lingard or Pereira you guys need a different profile of midfielder that has a different style. He'll be another offensive player that loves playing in transition and in my opinion you guys have enough of those already.

He'll do well and the fans will love how hard he works for the team but I think how well this works depends on what other players United sign to complement him in midfield.

As for us, we don't have much to play for as we're not winning the Europa League even if he stays so might aswell get used to playing without him for 6 months before the next season starts rather than having it affect the start of next season.

It's Saturday. Today and tomorrow are all about matches. It'll be cocks out again come Monday.
No chance he gets sold before the Benfica match next week. The president would need to get security 24/7 if he does that

Last edited:

laughtersassassin

We paid £90m for Pogba.
Cause he is a top player and was very young when we bought him. Hardly comparable to Maguire. Like how Rashford would cost anyone 100+ now except Pogba was even better than that.

Maguire is good too just not 80 mil good.

Fosu-Mens

50 to 60 million and I'd be alright with him going as he clearly deserves to be playing at a higher level instead of regularly having to save this shitshow of a team.

Still don't think he'll solve all the midfield problems you have at all and that even though he'll be a big upgrade on the likes of Lingard or Pereira you guys need a different profile of midfielder that has a different style. He'll be another offensive player that loves playing in transition and in my opinion you guys have enough of those already.

He'll do well and the fans will love how hard he works for the team but I think how well this works depends on what other players United sign to complement him in midfield.
At least we will not Fred on corners anymore.

ash_86

Think the Portuguese press have taken us all for a ride once again :lol:
Simon Stone openly admitted we were talking to the agent. That's like the confirmation that talks did take place . Of course clubs might not agree but talks did take place unlike summer.

mu4c_20le

Simon Stone openly admitted we were talking to the agent. That's like the confirmation that talks did take place . Of course clubs might not agree but talks did take place unlike summer.
Reported in The Athletic as well, which is seem as a bit more credible these days. But it was Rio's tweet that I found interesting, either he was really bored or he knows something.

ash_86

Reported in The Athletic as well, which is seem as a bit more credible these days. But it was Rio's tweet that I found interesting, either he was really bored or he knows something.
Think he did it as a fan more than anything. But s lot of reputable journos have come forward with the claim

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Absolutely loving the meltdown in here.

Somehow posters on the CAF believe 100% negative rumours (and don't question them) ANY, literally ANY bad news about United is met with 100% convince and belief.

But will question the validity of any good news about United, it's hilarious!

It's like you WANT to be upset.

thomas porter

Our transfer are always agonizingly slow. I hate the way Woodward & co conduct their negotiations.

Amarsdd

Somehow posters on the CAF believe 100% negative rumours (and don't question them) ANY, literally ANY bad news about United is met with 100% convince and belief.

yep, that's caf in a nutshell. Previously, it used to be very annoying but now I just find it funny.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Honest question, will he genuinely make a difference? I ask because if he was that good someone else would have bought him.
Tottenham did try to buy him last summer but would not meet Sportings evaluation. They had a bid in the £50m range rejected. So at least Caf's golden child saw something in the player.

There are a lot of questionmarks, primarily the price tag of a player who's good in the Portugese league

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Our transfer are always agonizingly slow. I hate the way Woodward & co conduct their negotiations.
I agree 120%!
Why do we take ages to conclude a deal and always with the greatest of secrecy?
If we miss out on Bruno or he goes to another team Ed will have rendered us laughing stock.....especially with our current situation.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground

It’s beyond pathetic.

Dve

"Bruno Fernandes? I can’t talk about individuals that play for other clubs, but I’ve got to say I do have the backing,”

= yes, we are buying him :)

Infestissumam

why are people so negative? :houllier:

Things going quiet at this stage is actually pretty normal, no? Talks between the clubs have been confirmed and at this point the club probably wants to hammer out a deal without too much noise. I wouldn't be shocked if things were quiet over the weekend before there's movement on Monday or so.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Rio knows something :p But for me the guy with the credible gospel is Simon Stone. I'll believe anything he writes

Status
Not open for further replies.