Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

poleglass red

It's a fierce derby against their most hated rivals who are top of the league. Trust me, they will want their best player available in this game. Even if he did get injured, Sporting know that once he is fit clubs will still want him as he is an excellent player. To be honest, I think Bruno will probably want to play in this game aswell, If Sporting wins the game it will serve as a good send off.
will they though, for all his undoubted stats, there hasn't been much interest in him. He was offered last summer and no-one bit. Even now in this window, it's really only us. I think his club need to be careful here, because come the summer there will be many more players of his ilk available to us such as Maddison and Grealish. Maddison would cost a lot more but Grealish apparently has a lower buy outclause.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I don't believe that. Pogba has been sidelined with an injury for a lot of this season now so I doubt clubs are biting our hand off as much as we would want (and maybe he would want) - not to mention Matic at minimum will leave, we ll likely see Mata retire or leave at the end of the season-so now we re down two midfielders-3 as soon as we have but one injury. I know our depth has been shite but I like to think the club is not going to dig itself an ever bigger hole.
Call me cynical but not buying that Pogba is injured, if we signed Bruno today/tomorrow think you'd find Pogba would make a miraculous recovery and be starting for Real Madrid, Juventus or PSG by the end of the month.

Not sure what's happening with Matic, don't know if he's playing to get away, or it's a desperate attempt to prolong his time at United but he's been playing well of late, and whilst we've got the injuries long may it continue.

And Mata will probably stay, wouldn't be surprised if he gets offered a coaching job towards the end of next season as well.

You saying they arent in talks with Sporting?
We've been in dialogue with Sporting Club for well over a year now re. Bruno, and we know this because they keep leaking weekly updates, strangely enough it started when Pogba and his advisors took it in turns to say how much he fancied a new challenge.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Call me cynical but not buying that Pogba is injured, if we signed Bruno today/tomorrow think you'd find Pogba would make a miraculous recovery and be starting for Real Madrid, Juventus or PSG by the end of the month.

Not sure what's happening with Matic, don't know if he's playing to get away, or it's a desperate attempt to prolong his time at United but he's been playing well of late, and whilst we've got the injuries long may it continue.

And Mata will probably stay, wouldn't be surprised if he gets offered a coaching job towards the end of next season as well.

We've been in dialogue with Sporting Club for well over a year now re. Bruno, and we know this because they keep leaking weekly updates, strangely enough it started when Pogba and his advisors took it in turns to say how much he fancied a new challenge.
There's literally videos of him after surgery.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Let’s not be silly, if there’s €55m+ riding on a player, neither Sporting OR United will want to risk that he gets a serious injury
Exactly. If the transfer is being held up by Bruno playing against Benifica then it would just go to show how incompetent both clubs are in the transfer market. If they were neck and neck for the title maybe but with Benifica having a 16 point advantage then what difference is there if Bruno plays or not?

mu4c_20le

Anything is possible but that would be one of the biggest cover ups in the history of the sport.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Within the last week or so he's correctly had leaked team info against Norwich before anybody else, and said that Maguire was fit to play against Norwich while everybody else was saying he was out for months.

He clearly has sources, he doesn't seem the type to just spout rubbish for no reason either.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
There's literally videos of him after surgery.
Not too many of him having surgery though is there? If you're squeamish, look away now!

Anything is possible but that would be one of the biggest cover ups in the history of the sport.
What's the club to do other than go along with it? Turn round and say the guy is under contract, he's taking the piss, and there's nothing we can do about it?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This is exactly what was said in the Summer, that they were keeping for a game against Benfica. They’ve come up with the same line this time round. The Portuguese media have to be the worst out there for talking complete bollocks.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Today:

In the Summer:

Same bullshit being spoken. Was the same with Gaitan. This guy definitely could be the new Gaitan.

Get In Scholesy

I have lost confidence in all our signings, either this will fall through or turn out shite like the vast majority of them over the passed few years.

I don't even get excited anymore.

Judas

Open to offers
At this point I'm not believing a word the Portuguese press say about this, they're just recycling the same tired shite. We need our Best of Britain journalists to save us.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Our actual journalists have reported that there have been talks with Sporting, whether the deal goes through or not is a different matter but it’s obviously not made up.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Feels like ages in muppet time but it’s been less than a week in the real world. It’ll get done, have patience.

What I don’t get is why we couldn’t have done most of the running in December and signed him on New Year’s Day. But that’s another story.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Feels like ages in muppet time but it’s been less than a week in the real world. It’ll get done, have patience.

What I don’t get is why we couldn’t have done most of the running in December and signed him on New Year’s Day. But that’s another story.
That would require planning which we seem incapable of doing.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
No way would we let him play against Benfica if we were serious about signing him.

Not going to happen.

Thiagoal

No way would we let him play against Benfica if we were serious about signing him.

Not going to happen.
Bruno is contracted to Sporting Lisbon! If they want him to play then he plays! If United want to be petty and pull out of a deal because of it then that’s their prerogative!

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I didn't buy that cheap hospital set he hired for those videos of him talking on the hospital bed either.

pacifictheme

He literally posted videos of himself post surgery. In a hospital bed. You've had a shocker.

I am pretty sure we offered mata an ambassador role as part of his contract.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Maybe its just about being respectful and keeping relations between the two clubs amicable.

As history will show us there's been a fair few deals done between the two clubs now and I'm sure there likely be more in the future.

Snuffkin

O

One of the worst things I've read. "only" 5f10i is pretty average. I think KdB is 5.10... Maybe city need to ship him out and get Heskey?
Is Fernandes a KdB? I hope so, because I believe a physical presence is what is required. Mata can cross and play killer passes but lacks strength and pace in big games. A direct replacement for Pogba would fit that bill, but I don't think Fernandez is that. I see him as Mata's evil twin.

FrenchRed

Not going to happen.
Agree with this, it doesn't make sense unless they insisted he had a 'goodbye' derby game - but logic dictates that this would be a huge risk for both the buying and selling club...

I have an awful feeling that this whole thing is smoke and mirrors, a PR exercise - we have heard nothing concrete from either club. I would be pretty shocked if this goes through. It's a stark contrast to RM who were straight in to agree a deal with Van De Beek today, without any of the 'will they won't they drama'... :/

mu4c_20le

I have an awful feeling that this whole thing is smoke and mirrors, a PR exercise - we have heard nothing concrete from either club. I would be pretty shocked if this goes through. It's a stark contrast to RM who were straight in to agree a deal with Van De Beek today, without any of the 'will they won't they drama'... :/
Why him though? Surely it would excite the fans more if we were linked with Saul again, or Joao Felix who's been a bit of a flop for them so far

izec

Today:

In the Summer:

Same bullshit being spoken. Was the same with Gaitan. This guy definitely could be the new Gaitan.
in the summer was from a bola though, which is sun level or daily star. You basically can forget whatever they write

Status
Not open for further replies.