Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Irish Connection

This situation reminds me of the Uma Thurman joke in Pulp Fiction - she wouldn't tell it because "it had been built up too much" after John Travolta kept on asking if she would tell it.

John Travolta said he wouldn't laugh if she told it - "that's what I'm afraid of !!"

God help us if it doesn't work out
Haha exactly.

It’s surely bad practice dragging a transfer out so much because with the players name in the press so much it adds pressure on the player to perform straight away.
I hope we get it done but yet again it’s been dragged out and not enough has been done so far in the window with a few days to go.

fezzerUTD

So it took you two posts to answer yes and no question.

Clubs had done this type of strategy before. They know if they told the club that they want 80m means you just need to increase the price to get closer to it. This happened last summer when we bid 70m on Maguire, the news said Leicester rejected the offer because they wanted 90m and we increased it to 80 and it’s all wrapped up.
Every transfer is different, plus Leicester didn't need the money not comparable at all. (Simon Stone tell you Leicester wanted £90m by any chance?)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Do you hate Ed that much that you refuse to think any other logic but it’s all Ed to blamed?
I don't hate Ed, i have defended him plenty of times. It's just that you can't look beyond tier 1, tier 5 thing.

Anyways there is nothing much to add. You can believe all the tier 1 articles.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don't hate Ed, i have defended him plenty of times. It's just that you can't look beyond tier 1, tier 5 thing.

Anyways there is nothing much to add. You can believe all the tier 1 articles.
You are missing the point.

Why bring up tier 1 and tier 5 excuses when the main issue itself is not about tier but the fact that sportwitness used a September quote to make ”indication” that Sporting haven’t change the price now. Two different timeline and yet you can’t see it. You don’t need tier level to even tell you which one lacks information.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
You are missing the point.

Why bring up tier 1 and tier 5 excuses when the main issue itself is not about tier but the fact that sportwitness used a September quote to make ”indication” that Sporting haven’t change the price now. Two different timeline and yet you can’t see it.
:lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Every transfer is different, plus Leicester didn't need the money not comparable at all. (Simon Stone tell you Leicester wanted £90m by any chance?)
‘I’m just telling you that Sporting can do the same strategy which is commonly been used times after times by many clubs, doesn‘t make Sporting to be a different club.

Nick7

This "tier" shit needs to stay on Reddit with their "ITK's" that spout bollocks.

peridigm

This is what worries me. A quality player available and we’re the only ones pursuing him?
If we aren't genuinely interested, fair enough. If another club ends up signing him on deadline day for less than we're reportedly quoted, Sporting can feck off. I just think there is too much pushing on their part for this to not be done already if we're truly interested. We'll know soon enough.

peridigm

Liverpool were the only ones pursuing Mane, Salah and VVD.
I think we were linked with Mane and VVD if memory serves me well. Mane was deemed not good enough for the majority of the Caf. I recall most wanting VVD but LVG was not convinced or he was and Ed didn't want to pay the asking price. Or, he didn't want to come to United at all which I can completely understand.

romufc

I think we were linked with Mane and VVD if memory serves me well. Mane was deemed not good enough for the majority of the Caf. I recall most wanting VVD but LVG was not convinced or he was and Ed didn't want to pay the asking price. Or, he didn't want to come to United at all which I can completely understand.
So it is similar to Bruno where Ole is not convinced?

Also, VVD was never happening because Liverpool tapped up the player well in advance, why would he switch mind for a club that shows last minute interest.

It just shows how we do transfers is completely flawed.

zenith

I think I've moved beyond the anger and frustration stage with our transfers and right now just in an amused state. Will surely follow this thread regularly till 31st but would not be the least bit surprised if we fail to make a single transfer.

This has dragged so long that even if the club were to settle the deal, the fan base have been left utterly disgusted by the board and their incompetence.

peridigm

So it is similar to Bruno where Ole is not convinced?

Also, VVD was never happening because Liverpool tapped up the player well in advance, why would he switch mind for a club that shows last minute interest.

It just shows how we do transfers is completely flawed.
It could be. Given our 3 signings under Ole and reports of the types of players he's interest in bringing to United, I'm not so sure Bruno fits that mold. He also seems to be a bit of a head case with his temper. That may well have put Ole off as well. We can speculate all day long as to why we will or will not sign Bruno and only the parties involved will know the true answer. All I'm saying is given the history of the Portugal press with Gaitan and others, I'm not getting hooked on this transfer Saga until it's on the @ManUtd twitter account.

romufc

It could be. Given our 3 signings under Ole and reports of the types of players he's interest in bringing to United, I'm not so sure Bruno fits that mold. He also seems to be a bit of a head case with his temper. That may well have put Ole off as well. We can speculate all day long as to why we will or will not sign Bruno and only the parties involved will know the true answer. All I'm saying is given the history of the Portugal press with Gaitan and others, I'm not getting hooked on this transfer Saga until it's on the @ManUtd twitter account.
I agree about the transfer, I have seen to many rumours and all over the years that have not come to any end, so until It is confirmed, I do not believe anything on Twitter.

I understand about the type of reports Ole wants however; that means we limit ourselves to certain players.

0le

According to one website, he has had a total of two red cards in his career. I'm guessing you just watched a video of Bruno being upset over a performance/result and that translates to having first, a temper and secondly, not being able to control that temper. There is a major difference between showing a bit of passion and having some attitude issue.

https://www.fctables.com/players/bruno_fernandes-215669/

AshRK

Maybe the club has told Ole if we get you Bruno then there will be no Madison or Grealish or Sancho. So much for a big club.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
If I am Woody I'd brief the media the same to strengthen my negotiating position. Having journalists say we are happy to end with nothing might make Sporting cave and just take the tabled offer.

I still reckon Bruno is ours come deadline day.

mu4c_20le

It could be. Given our 3 signings under Ole and reports of the types of players he's interest in bringing to United, I'm not so sure Bruno fits that mold. He also seems to be a bit of a head case with his temper. That may well have put Ole off as well.
Very strange speculation. Rooney also had 'a bit of a temper', and to be honest I think it's what we're missing post Fergie. I'm tired of watching us get bullied, or getting physically picked up and tossed out of the pitch.

peridigm

According to one website, he has had a total of two red cards in his career. I'm guessing you just watched a video of Bruno being upset over a performance/result and that translates to having first, a temper and secondly, not being able to control that temper. There is a major difference between showing a bit of passion and having some attitude issue.

https://www.fctables.com/players/bruno_fernandes-215669/
Whatever but the last two videos I saw of him off the pitch he was attempting to destroy property.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
The club must not be fully convinced by him, this deal isn't happening. They would have paid up like they did for Wan-Bissaka and Maguire, two players that were extensively scouted.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The club must not be fully convinced by him, this deal isn't happening. They would have paid up like they did for Wan-Bissaka and Maguire, two players that were extensively scouted.
Not 70m convinced, but they're 55m convinced though. So it's about the money, not the player.

Judas

Open to offers
To be fair it took us forever to get those sorted and we seemingly haggled for ages over them too. Unless you're being ironic.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I cant stand that James Cooper who does Utd reports. He is the biggest transfer muppet ive ever seen

Dante

Average bang

A quote (if true) from within the media machine which shows what I've been saying all along.

I would expect this to be corroborated in due course, since it's been clear that every twist in the 'saga' has come from the same newspaper sources in Portugal that made things up during the summer.

Cardozo

But I don't think he is doing this for the media. He is doing it for Woody and the Glazers. It's time he stood up and be counted. We all know how much we need players in here and he as manager should be demanding players that go should be replaced.
I think he’s just being honest. Signing 5-6 is unrealistic. He wants 1 or 2, the clubs working on it and he’s at arms length.

If he aired his dirty laundry in public the media would be lapping up the fractured relationship between the manager and the club and it’d be even worse if we didn’t get the deal over the line. Fergie always said nobody is bigger than the club and that includes Ole.

We’re all grown up enough to know the things we’re saying on here about the club are well recognised by the players and management.

Status
Not open for further replies.