Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redcy

Everybody fell for the United pr machine. In the summer he wasn’t good enough, now suddenly we are interested? I don’t believe this bs. We really want Maddison/Grealish/Sancho and dare not come out and say it.

we also don’t want to admit to fans/media we don’t care about finishing 8th. Of course getting these players is dodgy given our likely finish.

beingshe7don

It makes the walkout even more meaningful. Fans need to stop going to the games. This board aren't gonna pay any attention until their sponsors feel the heat and the only way to do so if fans stop turning up to the games and watch the games from home instead. We as fans need to make a statement and need to remain UNITED against this Glazer family and Ed Woodward. Walking out during one of the games is NOT gonna be enough.

Utdstar01

It makes the walkout even more meaningful. Fans need to stop going to the games. This board aren't gonna pay any attention until their sponsors feel the heat and the only way to do so if fans stop turning up to the games and watch the games from home instead. We as fans need to make a statement and need to remain UNITED against this Glazer family and Ed Woodward. Walking out during one of the games is NOT gonna be enough.
Wouldnt even bother watching the games on any television. Go pub and watch or stream them. Lower viewings will have an effect too.

kdiglas78

So it is similar to Bruno where Ole is not convinced?

Also, VVD was never happening because Liverpool tapped up the player well in advance, why would he switch mind for a club that shows last minute interest.

It just shows how we do transfers is completely flawed.
Roy Keane signed for UTD under these exact circumstances. Was tapped up by Dalglish and Blackburn for months and was contacted by Fergie the weekend before he was to sign the deal on Monday.

The opposite happened with Gazza agreeing to sign for Man Utd then switching at the last minute.

Tapping up might get you a head start but things can change dramatically and quickly if a better offer appears. If Man Utd were interested in VVD, Liverpool’s tapping up is no excuse for a lack of deal.

JoaquinJoaquin

Convinced its not happening now. Not even sure the club 'truly' wanted him anyways tbh. Think it was more of a smoke screen from the club to fans to look like they are trying. Problem is, we have fell for it far too many times now.

AneRu

Six signing in four windows. feck the Glazers and their accountant minions.
That's terrible reading particularly when you note that Dalot, Grant and James aren't proper first team material. This is not a rebuild it's a massive downsizing.

AshRK

That's terrible reading particularly when you note that Dalot, Grant and James aren't proper first team material. This is not a rebuild it's a massive downsizing.
And we call this as our transition period.

mu4c_20le

Dalot was signed when we needed a RB when we only had Valencia and Young. I'd like to know why Mourinho and our scouts went for him when Ricardo Pereira was available in the same window, from the same club, for the same price.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is it me or it's only recently and specifically for United that journalists have started to divide things in windows, as if clubs are particularly active in January? I guess that six signings in two seasons and the addition of a handful of academy players isn't as sensationalistic.

dev1l

Is it me or it's only recently and specifically for United that journalists have started to divide things in windows, as if clubs are particularly active in January? I guess that six signings in two seasons and the addition of a handful of academy players isn't as sensationalistic.
Not when 10 senior players leave the club...

JPRouve

Scout
Not when 10 senior players leave the club...
That's also a bit sensationalistic, almost all of them ranged from benchwarmers to ghosts, the only worthy or valued players were Smalling, Herrera, Fellaini and Lukaku. Two of them have been replaced by McTominay and Maguire. The other players are Blind, Darmian, Young, Valencia and Sanchez, they were all either useless or have been replaced by Williams, AWB, Greenwood and James.

redshaw

Not looking promising and we've got a winter break coming up after Wolves which can lessen the need slightly in the clubs eyes. Probably a more take it or leave stance from United.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Who do you support, presumably not United?
United, but with the Glazers, Woodward and Ole being so incompetent, there is not much to get excited. I'm not expecting one title after the other, but to see sheer incompetence and going backwards the last 6 years, it feels sad

AneRu

And we call this as our transition period.
Transitioning to mid table mediocrity and eventual relegation. If we persist with this for five more years we are going to find ourselves fighting relegation within that period.
Dalot was signed when we needed a RB when we only had Valencia and Young. I'd like to know why Mourinho and our scouts went for him when Ricardo Pereira was available in the same window, from the same club, for the same price.
Shocking stuff, it's obvious its because we were caught out and were reactive. I think Pereira only cost about £4m more and we let Leicester steal the march on us. If we had got Pereira we wouldn't have needed to spend more than double what Leicester paid on AWB and would probably have signed a midfielder last summer. It's clear we are no longer even trying to build for success or at the very least top 4.

EwanI Ted

Not really. 6 opportunities to put right a well documented problem is a fair assessment, even if there are better and worse times to buy. The fact he included a third choice goalkeeper in there is, if anything, generous.

JPRouve

Scout
Shocking stuff, it's obvious its because we were caught out and were reactive. I think Pereira only cost about £4m more and we let Leicester steal the march on us. It's clear we are no longer even trying to build for success or at the very least top 4.
What is it that makes it clear, we spend more than our direct rivals. It's clear that we are not good at building for success but we are trying and it's difficult to watch.

AneRu

What is it that makes it clear, we spend more than our direct rivals. It's clear that we are not good at building for success but we are trying and it's difficult to watch.
It's certainly hard to watch but how do two teams watch two players from the same club and the bigger, richer club who had CL football and clearly needed an established Right Back end up picking the unproven 20 year old kid from the reserves? Its shocking and amateurish and it ended up costing us more when we signed AWB, we spent £70m on the RB position where £25m would have sufficed.

JPRouve

Scout
It's certainly hard to watch but how do two teams watch two players from the same club and the bigger, richer club who had CL football and clearly needed an established Right Back end up picking the unproven 20 year old kid from the reserves? Its shocking and amateurish and it ended up costing us more when we signed AWB, we spent £70m on the RB position where £25m would have sufficed.
You have to ask our former manager, people claimed that he knew the portuguese market, you can ask him about Lindelof too. Pereira was also excellent with Nice the two previous seasons but apparently United don't want to purchase good Ligue 1 players anymore, no Bernardo, no Fabinho.

cloyton

I really am surprised that we are going to end January without any signings and really thought we would get this transfer over the line.

How can anyone in charge at united think the squad as it is, is acceptable? And even if Sporting are asking for to much money surely we must have a scouting department who can turn around to the board and ole and say "nevermind, here is another 5 players we have found in this position" who could do a job for you. Just find it ridiclous how its Bruno or no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.