Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drz

So let's see, Sporting need money, so put their most prized asset on the market. All news/noise in every article claims sources from Portugal, close to Sporting, the player's agent, the other agent Sporting are in business with or the Sporting manager.
Being the richest club without a set number 10 and well documented creative issues in midfield, United are the prime customer.
Sporting obviously want to negotiate from a position of strength.
Put all those ingredients together without any news from sources close to United and you get the collective sh*t show brought to us from the media (or clowns that wished they worked in the media).

DamoK

Everybody fell for the United pr machine. In the summer he wasn’t good enough, now suddenly we are interested? I don’t believe this bs. We really want Maddison/Grealish/Sancho and dare not come out and say it.

we also don’t want to admit to fans/media we don’t care about finishing 8th. Of course getting these players is dodgy given our likely finish.
I genuinely don't see Sancho coming here. He will have the pick of European clubs to choose from and we probably won't have champions league football. If our owners had ambition we would have wrapped up Fernandes early and given ourselves a good shot at getting top 4. Maddison will also have champions league football at Leicester and could you imagine his price tag, considering what we paid for Maguire. Grealish could be a possibility but will also be a massive price.

Now if we somehow get the Bruno deal over the line and he helps us secure champions league football the above deals become more possible.

dev1l

Out of curiosity, can you see Bruno, Maddison and Grealish in the same team?

Redcy

I genuinely don't see Sancho coming here. He will have the pick of European clubs to choose from and we probably won't have champions league football. If our owners had ambition we would have wrapped up Fernandes early and given ourselves a good shot at getting top 4. Maddison will also have champions league football at Leicester and could you imagine his price tag, considering what we paid for Maguire. Grealish could be a possibility but will also be a massive price.

Now if we somehow get the Bruno deal over the line and he helps us secure champions league football the above deals become more possible.
I agree said since the summerSancho is not coming. Maddison will cost £120m, grealish around 80

Drz

Out of curiosity, can you see Bruno, Maddison and Grealish in the same team?
Only if you have a tremendous defensive midfielder in there behind them. Like Kante.
Am I the only one that doesn't get the hype about Maddison?

LJJT

Think we’ve all pretty much got our season hopes determined by this lad signing for us. I still can’t believe it’s not done if we genuinely wanted him since summer. If no new players come in this window we may as well all pack it in as the board clearly has

theklr

Think we’ve all pretty much got our season hopes determined by this lad signing for us. I still can’t believe it’s not done if we genuinely wanted him since summer. If no new players come in this window we may as well all pack it in as the board clearly has
I fear it’s too late already. We needed that Burnley win and I’d think he would have been an asset for us there, had he gotten a week or two with the team beforehand.

Drz

Without scrolling through pages, whats the update on this?
All noise only coming from Portugal, toss a coin and we are either in or out. Meanwhile we are supposedly looking at that dude Jude.

dev1l

On paper there is a way where you can fit Bruno- Grealish- Maddison - diamond midfield.
Maddison
Grealish Bruno
(Insert monster DM here)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Wonder if he will cry and clap the fans zzzzzzzz

LJJT

He’s starting for them tonight.
Thanks for the update. I think this move is off now if that’s the case. This transfer window and recruitment strategy is shockingly bad and needs addressing once and for all

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Even if he joined us it's unlikely he'd have a significant impact in the short term coming from the Portuguese league into the PL. Most of the expensive foreign imports from last summer have done nothing of note in the PL yet.

0le

On paper there is a way where you can fit Bruno- Grealish- Maddison - diamond midfield.
Maddison
Grealish Bruno
(Insert monster DM here)
There is no need to try and fit all people in the same team. The point is to have squad depth. So you have a first eleven but also have quality players that can come in and do a good job too.

LJJT

Even if he joined us it's unlikely he'd have a significant impact in the short term coming from the Portuguese league into the PL. Most of the expensive foreign imports from last summer have done nothing of note in the PL yet.
Maybe so but I think his signing alone would give us all some sort of hope of light at the end of this very long dark tunnel.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Maybe so but I think his signing alone would give us all some sort of hope of light at the end of this very long dark tunnel.
I'd say the bigger benefit would be getting him up to speed ready for next season. This season is gone with no forwards.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Without scrolling through pages, whats the update on this?
It was never on, this is just so the team looks like they're trying to improve the team when the Glazers already pocketed all the profits from this year, and they've never gone into their own pockets for United.

thomas porter

I don't get it either or the hype about Grealish.
did you see the goal he had against us? that was absolute filth.

Or maybe listen to Pep rave about him:

He said: "He’s incredible.

"A top player. I’m happy he (initially) stayed in the Championship to defend his club.

"He’s a talented player who always creates something. An exceptional player but too expensive for Manchester!"

Art Vandelay

did you see the goal he had against us? that was absolute filth.

Or maybe listen to Pep rave about him:

He said: "He’s incredible.

"A top player. I’m happy he (initially) stayed in the Championship to defend his club.

"He’s a talented player who always creates something. An exceptional player but too expensive for Manchester!"
He's talented, but I think you need to build your team around him to get the best from him. He doesn't strike me as being able to come in to a system and adapt. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see an £80m player, which is probably what they would ask for.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
dead in the water, at least we didn't get our pants pulled down this time
Yes we’ve won the money cup. Brilliant. What we pay should mean absolutely feck all to the fans the fact some of you care is weird. We need players.

RightSaidFredTheRed

Only if you have a tremendous defensive midfielder in there behind them. Like Kante.
Am I the only one that doesn't get the hype about Maddison?
Don't get the hype around the player who has created the highest number of chances in the Premiership this year....ok...moving on!

Alabaster Codify7

There is no need to try and fit all people in the same team. The point is to have squad depth. So you have a first eleven but also have quality players that can come in and do a good job too.

Yep. That's why City broke 100 points. Depth all over the park. Grealish should be competing with a Maddison or a Fernandes for that CAM/10 role, not guaranteed to start. He plays for fecking Aston Villa for god's sake, it's not like we're signing prime Rakitic and asking him to compete for a starting berth.

Drz

I don't get it either or the hype about Grealish.
Well I've tried to watch both since all the news came out. If I compare to the young unknown J Felix that went for stupid money last summer, both are underwhelming technically. They are both efficient, with a good foot on them (for a shot or pass) and work hard on and off the ball. Both quite efficient.
What I was trying to look for when I watched them is creativity in the final third, or what they have in their locker technically to get them out of a sticky situation in the final third. (one easy example of that would be a simple pass with the outside of the foot when passing angles seem dead).
So far, I feel Grealish is above Maddison because the latter gets to feed the monster that is Vardy whereas at Villa the onus to create and often the impetus to attack relies a lot on Grealish. Also feel Grealish a bit more creative than Maddison, some sly'er/cuter passes into the final third, so more potential to improve and help us.

Drz

Don't get the hype around the player who has created the highest number of chances in the Premiership this year....ok...moving on!
Not saying isn't good, but the hype is as if we are talking prime Iniesta, Ozil or Zidane. I don't get that. Not that I can't be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.