Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric's Seagull

Would rather that this transfer gets sorted as soon as possible. But I would willing to wait until later in the window as long as Ed gets its sorted and we don't end up pulling out or waiting until the summer because of Ed haggling over something like €5m.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
totally agree with you there.United giving spinning the press like they do with bullshit thinking it will satisfy the fans. They’ll later come out with some shite about player didn’t have the DNA required, wanted a release clause blah blah. Ed Woodward and his cronies never learn.
It started in Portugal.

lex talionis

There’s no guarantee of success with any new player, regardless of pedigree — see Di Maria and Sanchez — but Fernandes ticks all the boxes we need checked immediately at attacking midfielder.

Mata can fill out a squad, but his lack of athleticism is a serious problem in the PL. Pereira just isn’t developing the way we hoped he would. And Lingard is shocking beyond all belief. Those three can fill out dead cat minutes, but we could use a player of Bruno’s ability to get us to a point where we can bring on Mata and Pereira to close out matches.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
This deal won't be done until after Friday's game against Benfica.
Seems like a ludicrous risk to take for such a huge financial asset, and so much more valuable to them than us.

If that is the real reason for delay, then the decision maker needs to be fired by the shareholders/owners for reckless malpractice.

SuperiorXI

Seems like a ludicrous risk to take for such a huge financial asset, and so much more valuable to them than us.

If that is the real reason for delay, then the decision maker needs to be fired by the shareholders/owners for reckless malpractice.
Spot on. Usually with transfer deals the selling club protect the asset, or they're out of pocket...

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

From what I gather the person in charge of the football there is a bit of a moron, could be wrong but that's what Reddit seems to be suggesting.

Bestietom

As I have answered already. It's more down to Woody's slow approach in getting deals over the line than anything else.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
As I have answered already. It's more down to Woody's slow approach in getting deals over the line than anything else.
Thought Matt Judge was the negotiator? Either way, you're right, we seem to be painfully slow at getting deals over the line.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Waiting until after Benfica derby + 70m euros + Pereira on loan sounds insane. We're not that incompetent surely?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Thought Matt Judge was the negotiator? Either way, you're right, we seem to be painfully slow at getting deals over the line.
This should have been wrapped up for the 1st of January if we weren't ran by morons. Bruno was available for €65m last summer. What's changed?

In fact, we should be already working on transfers for the summer.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Proof?

I get that Ed has many many faults, but bashing him for everything you can think of is bit unfair. :lol:

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Proof?

I get that Ed has many many faults, but bashing him for everything you can think of is bit unfair. :lol:
To be fair, he is ultimately responsible as the CEO, whether someone else is doing the negotiating or not. He could have chosen to fire the chief negotiator if he wasn't performing to standard as has not.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This should have been wrapped up for the 1st of January if we weren't ran by morons. Bruno was available for €65m last summer. What's changed ? We should be already working on transfers for the summer.
He wasn't though, hence why no one went for him, the articles from our very own journalists mention that we didn't go for him because they wanted upwards of £75m for him, this snippet is from Ducker's article:
United briefly explored a move for Fernandes last summer only to be put off by Sporting’s £75m-plus valuation of the Portugal attacking midfielder.
What's changed is probably Sporting being more realistic with their valuation of him. We obviously think we can get a better deal this window hence why it might take a bit to hash out the details, not to mention they're reportedly interested in taking one of our players on loan in return.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He wasn't though, hence why no one went for him, the articles from our very own journalists mention that we didn't go for him because they wanted upwards of £75m for him, this snippet is from Ducker's article below:

What's changed is probably Sporting being more realistic with their valuation of him. We obviously think we can get a better deal this window hence why it might take a bit to hash out the details, not to mention they're reportedly interested in taking one of our players on loan in return.
That's false. That must have been a fake briefing by Woodward.

You do realise Spurs practically agreed a deal for £58m/€65m but it fell through because Spurs wanted to include €20m in add-ons for winning PL + CL?

Confirmed by their president a few months ago:
Varandas claims their bid, worth a total of €65m (£58m), included clauses he felt unable to accept.

"It was 'impossible' to retain Bruno Fernandes, but we did it," Varandas told Sporting's official website.

"We prepared for his sale by putting a fair price on his worth, and we had bids, but only a serious offer from Tottenham that was 45m euros plus 20m in add-ons; winning the Premier League and the Champions League.

"Finding these add-ons difficult, I decided not to accept."
Sporting are more realistic? What's changed since the summer? The deal is still at least €65m.

Alabaster Codify7

Unrelated to transfers, probably just standard business for Woodward. I don't get how someone who enjoys the The Office can be so lacking in self-awareness though, when he speaks to the press/public/prospective bosses etc. Bizarre.

Smores

Proof?

I think he's been in charge long enough for people to draw their own conclusions by now. Without proof, although why people ask for proof on stuff like this is amusing.

Coops73

Me too, but for all Ole's percieved weaknesses, if he can get Bruno in, he is making pretty decent transfers that actually make sense to us fans.
We should probably hold fire to find out if Bruno is a decent transfer and that’s IF he joins United, I think we’ve all been burnt quite a few times over the years believing we’ve signed the next sure thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.