Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick7

Do you not realise clubs must agree to certain players and those players must agree to go? Silly question perhaps because going by your post you don't.
So? We still shouldn’t be trying to get rid of the better of those three if it’s true.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
You realise we have played games already in January right. Complaining about the way we negotiate is not strange unless you look through the lens of this deal alone.
It is when people just flagrantly pretend Ed has never negotiated a price down. What is it with football fans and being utterly incapable of thinking about something with any degree of nuance? These same mentalists would have just thrown whatever Palace wants at AWB and then bitched about giving away the 25% sell on fee for Zaha later on. I'm no fan of Woodward but he literally can't win.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It is when people just flagrantly pretend Ed has never negotiated a price down. What is it with football fans and being utterly incapable of thinking about something with any degree of nuance? These same mentalists would have just thrown whatever Palace wants at AWB and then bitched about giving away the 25% sell on fee for Zaha later on. I'm no fan of Woodward but he literally can't win.
That is fine but that is nothing to do with me or what I was discussing with Ban

Fact is there is plenty to complain about regarding this deal for a player we were already sniffing around last summer and the Maguire deal which took the whole summer when we were already speaking to the club in the previous 2 windows

RightSaidFredTheRed

If Bruno cost £60m but we were only prepared to go to £50m would that not also be negligent if the club really wanted him? The difference between finishing top 6 or top 4 is potentially worth a lot more than £10m.
The board should already have got him through the door. Could significantly increase our chances versus Liverpool and the top 4 gap increasing further could be hard to catch up.

Every game counts right now. Get the damn deal done. Negotiate now, not some artificial long game that every club understands is the case.

We have an extra game versus Wolves that we might not have needed if we negotiated in December or earlier. Similarly City might not be such a stretch.

We should have had him in the summer and now we are on the ropes.

RedCurry

Is that a trick question?
If you say that we should simply sign a player who is available and better than what we have but you also say that we shouldn't sign bad players, then I want to know what you would do if a bad player is still better than our players?

For me, the answer is that we should sign strong players for every position. The best possible player that is available. If Bruno, Maddison and Grealish are all possibilities then we need to make sure we know who is the best out of the three and sign that player. All three being better than Lingard isn't at all a criteria in my mind.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
You are not the only one who negotiates. Anyway it is clear as a club we are not good at it. We have years of evidence which shows this
Not arguing that we are good at it, I was just initially arguing it is necessary and should be done for every player if possible.

11reds

Pay whatever it takes; he’s miles better than Lingard! £10 million is nowt. Woodward ruining them deals again...”

“We can’t keep getting rinsed by every club in the world. Our transfer business has been terrible and we always overpay!”

Ed Woodward. Matt Judge. Whoever the poor cnut is who finalises transfers. They can’t really win in the end. You’ve just got to sit back and hope the guys the club brings in play well. Economic savvy is only apparent in hindsight, really.
If we were properly run this deal would have been agreed in December and announced 1st January

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I didn't say £10m was feck all, I said it was feck all compared to the loss of revenue from not making the Champions League again. Which is factually correct.

If we sign a player who can improve a position that's been sorely neglected, it improves our chances of qualifying. We're not making top 4 without signings in midfield, so if we risk losing out over a few million, we're just shooting ourselves in the foot.
yeah, I get it, I’m not actually disagreeing with your point, I was just saying I think we should be in negotiations for every player.

Zen86

Gotta love this place. Let’s not bother negotiating and pay Sporting whatever they want so we can bitch about how overpriced he was later on, like Maguire.

meninred

Pundits say he is a good attacking midfielder. Ole wanted to give Perera,Lingaard and Mata a chance first.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It’s quite surreal to read the exact same things being said from the summer and now. “It’s very close” “They’re haggling over $10m” “They’re going to wait till he plays Benfica” “He’s said goodbye to his teammates” “He wants spurs”

Literally sounds like they’ve just copy pasted a lot of things

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
That is fine but that is nothing to do with me or what I was discussing with Ban

Fact is there is plenty to complain about regarding this deal for a player we were already sniffing around last summer and the Maguire deal which took the whole summer when we were already speaking to the club in the previous 2 windows
No, there isn't. Circumstances change. Plans change. Why won't people consider that?

Biggest danger is that another club just decides to take him at the going price and leaves us looking idiots once again.
Very doubtful. He’s been hawked around for at least 6 months and no one has been interested at the sort of price sporting have been asking

Dante

Average bang
It’s quite surreal to read the exact same things being said from the summer and now. “It’s very close” “They’re haggling over $10m” “They’re going to wait till he plays Benfica” “He’s said goodbye to his teammates” “He wants spurs”

Literally sounds like they’ve just copy pasted a lot of things
That's exactly what they're doing.

It's a fake rumour.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Bruno doesn’t have to be zidane. He has to be better than what we have.

I disagree on the last point. We’re in a mess because several managers identified and bought bad players. We could have had Kroos
Not harder to be better than Zidane. Biggest Youtube player of all time. We’d be eviscerating him watching him weak in and weak out and barely delivering anything.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Friendly reminder to those who point out that Ed should just pay £60m instead of £50m to get it done.

First off, this isn't monopoly money. 10 million pounds is a STAGGERING amount of money. He'd be negligent if he did not try to get the price lower.

Talks are about several aspects: Price: Cash upfront - Cash in installments. This one is very important to the clubs future budget and EBIDTA. Rumours about sporting wanting a player on loan also need to be resolved. Its a hard asking loaning a player to Sporting because they cant afford to pay our salaries, so we'd have to borrow them a player essentially for free compared to their operating budget and ours.

In short. its not as easy as giving them 60 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.