Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Not harder to be better than Zidane. Biggest Youtube player of all time. We’d be eviscerating him watching him weak in and weak out and barely delivering anything.
Are you part of Generation Z by any chance? Because that's the only reason I could ever think of someone calling one of the greatest talents ever to play the game the biggest Youtube player of all time.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Not harder to be better than Zidane. Biggest Youtube player of all time. We’d be eviscerating him watching him weak in and weak out and barely delivering anything.
Was YouTube even around when Zidane was playing?

Infestissumam

ignoring the tragedy that is Sky Germany, just saw this being brought up again by SW:

add that to the clip with the door and that's the kind of mentality I want to see in a United player.

hungrywing

ignoring the tragedy that is Sky Germany, just saw this being brought up again by SW:

add that to the clip with the door and that's the kind of mentality I want to see in a United player.
He ain't going to like anyone who posts on social media after a loss.

Also the now-deleted Sky Germany blurb for posterity:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Woodward deserves every single criticism thrown his way with his transfer dealings. From his very first transfer (Fellaini) until almost his last (Maquire) his dithering has cost us more than he's probably saved the club and coming out with his famous, "we can do in the transfer market what other clubs can only dream off." added another 10-20% on top of the already higher United tax especially when the clubs that before were pretty desperate for money can now afford to keep their players if they don't think their valuation has been met.
No, he deserves most things, but rolling out that line EVERY single time we are linked with a player is exactly what I mean. I'm sorry, but how stupid do you think DoFs and negotiators in football are? They don't need to hear Woodward say a thing to know we have the capacity to spend huge in the market. It doesn't make a blind of difference, and no amount of regurgitation of the phrase is going to change that.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us

Exactly, bro. That the f***ing kind of attitude we need, bro.

redshaw

Might be best for Jesse to stay in the club shop until Raiola gets him a move somewhere.

the chameleon

I've been reading that Sporting won't let him go until the Derby with Benfica on Friday. Kind fo makes sense. Woddie will announce it on Monday after Liverpool thrash us.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
If you say that we should simply sign a player who is available and better than what we have but you also say that we shouldn't sign bad players, then I want to know what you would do if a bad player is still better than our players?

For me, the answer is that we should sign strong players for every position. The best possible player that is available. If Bruno, Maddison and Grealish are all possibilities then we need to make sure we know who is the best out of the three and sign that player. All three being better than Lingard isn't at all a criteria in my mind.
Other than gut-instinct and the somewhat trained human eye, there is no known measurement to determine which is the greater player.

Imagine we could use a stats-based system similar to FM. We'd never make a bad signing again.

fps

Other than gut-instinct and the somewhat trained human eye, there is no known measurement to determine which is the greater player.

Imagine we could use a stats-based system similar to FM. We'd never make a bad signing again.
That's not true. There are all sorts of measurements and analytics and Liverpool use them very well as do many other teams in many sports.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

He's got a touch of the Roy Keane's about him, hasn't he?

Exactly the kind of character this squad needs right now. He'll fit in nicely alongside Mctom and the hard working Fred.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

Clip with the door? What's that?

edit: never mind, just read about it :D

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
That's not true. There are all sorts of measurements and analytics and Liverpool use them very well as do many other teams in many sports.
Yeah, but no known measurement exists that is without question.

Unless you know of one that is.

fps

Yeah, but no known measurement exists that is without question.

Unless you know of one that is.
There wouldn't be a single measurement, no, that would be moronic. It's about taking a holistic approach and using everything available, but a lot of player recruitment is now data driven. Moneyball's a good place to start with this, etc.

laughtersassassin

I've been reading that Sporting won't let him go until the Derby with Benfica on Friday. Kind fo makes sense. Woddie will announce it on Monday after Liverpool thrash us.
Yeah I think this is what will happen. Especially if we lose to wolves cause after Liverpool inevitably give us a hiding there is only two options for Woody. Sign a much needed player to appease the fans or fire Ole considering our poor run. Obviously the latter won't happen so if Woody don't sign him their will be war at old Trafford and rightly so.

Godfather

Yeah this will drag on and will be our only potential signing. Not enough no matter if we get him or not.

bondsname

If you say that we should simply sign a player who is available and better than what we have but you also say that we shouldn't sign bad players, then I want to know what you would do if a bad player is still better than our players?

For me, the answer is that we should sign strong players for every position. The best possible player that is available. If Bruno, Maddison and Grealish are all possibilities then we need to make sure we know who is the best out of the three and sign that player. All three being better than Lingard isn't at all a criteria in my mind.
Couldn't agree more. We need to be in search of game changers, potential balloon d'or winners, and that's no easy task, especially since playing for United isn't as an exciting prospect as it was years ago. I fear we will lose out on players because they choose an option which is better for their career.

Signings bad players who are slightly better than what is currently available is the definition of a small time club, not a club who is aiming to win the premier league in a few years.

Kag

If we were properly run this deal would have been agreed in December and announced 1st January
Ah, yes. Written by a man with an esteemed background in football-related transactions. I’m willing to estimate that the buying and selling of football
players is a little more nuanced than that.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
There wouldn't be a single measurement, no, that would be moronic. It's about taking a holistic approach and using everything available, but a lot of player recruitment is now data driven. Moneyball's a good place to start with this, etc.
I haven't seen Moneyball, but I'm aware of the concept the movie is based on - if a little unfamiliar with its inner-workings. Perhaps you could explain it if you have time.

If such a system existed that safely determined the ability of one player to the next, every sports club in the known world would adopt it. But that is not the case.

It would have to be near-infallible in order to overtake the trained human eye.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
If he plays against Benfica on Friday then we're nowhere near signing him. No way a deal as large as this would be risked.

fallengt

Oh i wonder what Shaw thinking of this

Status
Not open for further replies.