Bruno Fernandes | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I think this, yes - based on what I've seen. And it seems to be the consensus of people who have followed his progress closely too.

Playing him regularly as an "8", with someone else in a more advanced position (in a 4-3-3 or in a 4-2-3-1) doesn't seem like a natural fit for him - he's a decidedly attacking midfielder (the most advanced in a 4-3-3 or the #10 in a 4-2-3-1) but one who contributes significantly in deeper areas (by frequently dropping down).
Cheers. Still hugely serviceable for us in our set up. Would be nice to have a proper and consistent contribution from that area of the pitch (in both directions).

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
There are reputable sources stating that:

1. Sporting are considering which (if any) United player to take on loan as part of the deal.
2. Complicated by fact that they'd like Rojo, but he prefers a move to Turkey
3. Bruno agent Mendes also busy with Gedson transfer
4. Perhaps Sporting are trying to slow process so Bruno can play against Benfica.

But, yeah it's Woodward's fault.

As I said in my original post, when hating on Woodward is justifiable on many fronts, it looks lazy when indiscriminate.
He is not Bruno agent.
We don't have to include a player if we just pay the fee
A good negotiator does not allow Bruno to play against Benfica for risk of injury

So if the above is correct its poor negotiating on Uniteds part, which Woodward is again ultimately responsible for if we still have the same negotiators as 3 years ago

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
The Sporting President said Spurs were the only team to make a serious offer, that doesn't mean we weren't interested, we just didn't bid because their valuation was too high. The Sporting President didn't even accept the offer so the point is moot.
Apparently we never bid because they were looking for £75m+, yet they were in advanced talks with Spurs for £58m, right... You really believe that?

The point is not moot. It opposes the Ducker info completely. It broke down because of the unrealistic add-ons, if they offered €65m/£58m straight, it would have been accepted = He was available for £58m last summer.

Judas

Open to offers
Did think we'd hear more today to be honest, tomorrow it'll be "we've got a game" so potentially nothing will happen, Thursday will come along, then they've got a game Friday haven't they? Then it's the bloody weekend again!

El Jefe

Last summer killed my career of being a muppet especially with Portuguese targets. Can anyone tell me if there's anything concrete in this or if its the same bollocks that happened with him over the summer?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
remind me how many clubs across Europe made any signings in the first week in January?
Liverpool signed Minamino 19th Dec to add depth in attack. Dortmund signed Haland on the 29th cause they've been playing attacking mids and wingers at striker. Leverkusen signed Exequiel Palacios on the 1st of Jan. Juve signed Kulusevski on the 2nd only to leave him at Parma for the rest of the season. They're a well ran club so they can do that.

None of those clubs are in the shit we are in.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I can understand some of those points might be correct.

Rojo and the loan player could be holding this up.

But saying an agent is busy on another transfer is lazy because the agent might be Mendes but I can assure you, they do not work alone. Most agents have a company with staff.

Last point, most transfers would have a time limit, leaving an offer open ended is not good business sense, we are paying the money, surely you would want the player not to play another game.
It's reported that the clubs only met in person a few days ago. This deal has only been in public sphere a few days. In the context of literally a few days, the agents time becomes an issue. He cant physically be in 2 places at same time.

Im not sure if all the reasons are true, but all have been reported. I listed them because there are posts claiming this deal is being held up because of our clubs incompetence. I think that's bollocks.

As I wrote, we all know our club has some serious structural and leadership issues, but I personally dont get off on constant bitching, hating and moaning without context or proper understanding.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
He is not Bruno agent.
A good negotiator does not allow Bruno to play against Benfica for risk of injury

So if the above is correct its poor negotiating on Uniteds part, which Woodward is again ultimately responsible for if we still have the same negotiators as 3 years ago
make sure you tell Woodward that next time you see him in your board meetings ;)

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He is not Bruno agent.

1) Apparently Mendes has got involved on Sporting's behalf with permission by Bruno's agent to try to finalise the deal.
2) Correct, he is available for £58m/€65m straight. Confirmed by their President. Spurs agreed that deal last summer but broke down due to unrealistic add-ons (€20m in PL +CL wins).
Trust us to try to include players from an already short squad to complicate the deal...
3) Correct.

Cassidy

make sure you tell Woodward that next time you see him in your board meetings ;)
Sure, but again Brunos agent is not busy on another deal, its incorrect as Mendes is not his agent

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Apparently we never bid because they were looking for £75m+, yet they were in advanced talks with Spurs for £58m, right... You really believe that?

The point is not moot. It opposes the Ducker info completely. It broke down because of the unrealistic add-ons, if they offered €65m/£58m straight, it would have been accepted = He was available for £58m last summer.
He doesn't say that though, he just says that he found Spurs's offer difficult because of the objectives, not that he'd have straight up accepted it if it was a lump sum. It's incredibly strange with all the clubs he was linked with only one club came in with an offer that was rejected, to me that suggests their valuation was off. We're both speculating now so perhaps we should leave the conversation there.

Offsideagain

None of us know the true story, but it seems like Woodward is dithering again. Scousers identified the CB and Keepper they wanted and just bought them. We pounce about apparently shit scared of being ripped off again a la Sanchez and DiMaria but top managers/ Executives make decisions and act on them. Amateurs dither and put obstacles in the way hoping for a cheap alternative. Harry the head is a prime example. Message to Ole. If you think Bruno is the man, bloody well buy him.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
None of us know the true story, but it seems like Woodward is dithering again. Scousers identified the CB and Keepper they wanted and just bought them. We pounce about apparently shit scared of being ripped off again a la Sanchez and DiMaria but top managers/ Executives make decisions and act on them. Amateurs dither and put obstacles in the way hoping for a cheap alternative. Harry the head is a prime example. Message to Ole. If you think Bruno is the man, bloody well buy him.
Pretty sure it's not him dithering, if anyone is.

M Bison

Supports
York City
We're not playing FM!

romufc

It's reported that the clubs only met in person a few days ago. This deal has only been in public sphere a few days. In the context of literally a few days, the agents time becomes an issue. He cant physically be in 2 places at same time.

Im not sure if all the reasons are true, but all have been reported. I listed them because there are posts claiming this deal is being held up because of our clubs incompetence. I think that's bollocks.

As I wrote, we all know our club has some serious structural and leadership issues, but I personally dont get off on constant bitching, hating and moaning without context or proper understanding.
I get what you mean, this was reported on Friday.

His agent can't be in 2 places at the same time, but he is doing a deal in London for Gedson so it is not the other side of the world.

Obviously there is more to a transfer these fays than just sign the contract. They have to sort out image right etc....

Yes our structure is poor, we all know this.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He doesn't say that though, he just says that he found Spurs's offer difficult because of the objectives, not that he'd have straight up accepted it if it was a lump sum. It's incredibly strange with all the clubs he was linked with only one club came in with an offer that was rejected, to me that suggests their valuation was off. We're both speculating now so perhaps we should leave the conversation there.
I'm inferring that because anyone would rather lump sums instead... I just think you're making more of a reach with assuming that they were being difficult, looking for £75m+, it's just way too convenient for Woodward to be true.

What were Woodward's words after the summer? Complaining that the press link us to players we're not even interested in all summer... it's more likely we were never interested, but are trying to save face now.

Sporting President's words were:
Varandas told Sporting's official website:

"We prepared for his sale by putting a fair price on his worth, and we had bids, but only a serious offer from Tottenham that was 45m euros plus 20m in add-ons; winning the Premier League and the Champions League.

"Finding these add-ons difficult, I decided not to accept."
His comments sound like he was willing to accept a deal to me.

I do think it's strange that first Spurs, now us, seem to be getting a free run at him. But that's not my original point. I'm disputing the Ducker info as not true/exaggerated to say the least.

Last edited:

Offsideagain

Pretty sure it's not him dithering, if anyone is.
How do you know? He and Woodward not exactly lighting up the media with activity and the club have rumoured to have been after Bruno for almost 12 months. If that’s not dithering I don’t know what is.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Any well ran club would have announced a midfield signing on the 1st of the month. You know, have solutions to problems before they happen. Have targets scouted, narrowed down and ready to bid on before the window opened.
Do you not remember what happened with VVD? Some people on this forum are just unreal. This deal has been in the public sphere since Friday. Deals involving large amounts of money and human beings are complicated it isn’t Football Manager. If it’s not done by the end of January then that’s a different issue.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
How do you know? He and Woodward not exactly lighting up the media with activity and the club have rumoured to have been after Bruno for almost 12 months. If that’s not dithering I don’t know what is.
Why is it Ole's fault for that? Do you think he's sat in his office mulling the transfer over every day or something? If he wants him I am sure he has told the powers above to do it. Whether they do or not is up to them.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Did think we'd hear more today to be honest, tomorrow it'll be "we've got a game" so potentially nothing will happen, Thursday will come along, then they've got a game Friday haven't they? Then it's the bloody weekend again!
:lol: This is how my mind used to work. Then it will be Monday "nothing ever happens on a Monday".

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Why is it Ole's fault for that? Do you think he's sat in his office mulling the transfer over every day or something? If he wants him I am sure he has told the powers above to do it. Whether they do or not is up to them.
Does Ole want to keep his job? Or better yet, actually win something? Because if we don't strengthen the squad this month, we're winning nothing. He should be breaking the door down demanding signings.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Does Ole want to keep his job? Or better yet, actually win something? Because if we don't strengthen the squad this month, we're winning nothing. He should be breaking the doors down demanding signings.
I imagine so. Not sure what that has to do with what I said mind.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Yeah, I feel like the window of opportunity on this has gone.

Liverpool signed Minamino 19th Dec to add depth in attack. Dortmund signed Haland on the 29th cause they've been playing attacking mids and wingers at striker. Leverkusen signed Exequiel Palacios on the 1st of Jan. Juve signed Kulusevski on the 2nd only to leave him at Parma for the rest of the season. They're a well ran club so they can do that.

None of those clubs are in the shit we are in.
So the other 100 or so clubs on the top leagues across Italy, England, Spain, France, Portugal, Netherlands are all poorly run clubs?

some people don’t seem to realise how difficult transfers can be. If McT and Pogba were both fit, then we wouldn’t be entertaining buying Bruno in Jan, so if you roll back 3 weeks or so then we had a fit McT and Pogba making his comeback. Furthermore, it looks like an opportunity that’s come available, as sporting are (potentially) willing to sell at a realistic price due to their financial difficulties. These are circumstances that have changed over the past 4 weeks.

remind me who Arsenal, Leicester, City, spurs and Chelsea have signed?

let’s not make too much of a drama because a (potential) transfer appears to be taking a few days.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Oh, i'm not arguing your points. Just continuing from your message.
Yeah, I would like to think he is knocking the doors down demanding signings as well because everyone knows we need them. But as we also know, the people who run our club are idiots, I just thought it was a bit odd for that guy to lay the blame of this taking so long on Ole.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Yeah, I feel like the window of opportunity on this has gone.
The more this drags on, the more i suspect it's all a dumb ruse to appease fans by Woodward, to ''show we're active to improving''.

After the summer, he was complaining about the press linking us to names we were never interested in wasn't he?

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Do you not remember what happened with VVD? Some people on this forum are just unreal. This deal has been in the public sphere since Friday. Deals involving large amounts of money and human beings are complicated it isn’t Football Manager. If it’s not done by the end of January then that’s a different issue.
Liverpool agreed a deal for VVD days before the January window opened. Not the greatest example.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Sure, but again Brunos agent is not busy on another deal, its incorrect as Mendes is not his agent
OK. fair enough. thats how it was reported so I never knew that.

Who is his agent?

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Liverpool agreed a deal for VVD days before the January window opened. Not the greatest example.
I think he was referring to the fact that van Dijk was meant to be a summer signing but they completely cocked it up which is why it ended up getting pushed through so quickly in January.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Yeah, I would like to think he is knocking the doors down demanding signings as well because everyone knows we need them. But as we also know, the people who run our club are idiots, I just thought it was a bit odd for that guy to lay the blame of this taking so long on Ole.
Yeah it's clear as day we need strengthening considerably, yet it feels like there's an apathetic disconnect from above. It's extremely frustrating. I hope the chants become a regular thing now, maybe we might see some change then. The one thing Ole made clear before the summer, was that any outgoings would need replacing. This problem has been going on ever since the Glazers arrived here, so it's not Ole or even whoever the current manager is.

Cassidy

OK. fair enough. thats how it was reported so I never knew that.

Who is his agent?
Mendes is brokering a deal on behalf of Sporting I believe. I don't know the name of his agent but its not Mendes. Similarly with Haaland where Riola brokered the deal that took him to Dortmund even though he was not his agent

Cassidy

I think he was referring to the fact that van Dijk was meant to be a summer signing but they completely cocked it up which is why it ended up getting pushed through so quickly in January.
And we were looking at Fernandes in the summer so again not the greatest of examples

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Woodward paid extra for Fellaini because he faffed about. He paid extra for Maguire too. If I was in charge of Sporting I'd wait until the end of the month, because Woodward has a history of getting desperate at the last minute. We'll probably end up paying €90 million in the end because of that useless fecking wanker.
Why lie? Palace initially asked for 70m, we paid 55m. Leicester asked for 90m, we paid 80m. That's 25m saved by haggling.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
And we were looking at Fernandes in the summer so again not the greatest of examples
Eh? The point is these things don’t just happen. They are complicated and depend on so many factors. By all accounts the money was obscene last summer with lots of goal posts being shifted as discussions took place. Spurs couldn’t get a deal done earlier.

He was always on our radar and now it looks more realistic we’re moving on it. How anyone can see this as anything other than a positive is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.