Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasty

He has the work rate and defensive contribution to play alongside Pogba. No idea why most people think he won't be able to play with Pogba in the team. Our biggest problem last season is that whenever Pogba is double or triple teamed no one else in the midfield provides any offensive threat. If Bruno joins us then that will no longer be a viable tactic as he had shown himself to be quite a threat.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
[Mupper mode on] Simon Stone and Simon Peach both commented on Bruno Fernandes only during the game and both are very reliable for ManUtd news. So they know we are signing the player.

/Mode off.

Suv666

[Mupper mode on] Simon Stone and Simon Peach both commented on Bruno Fernandes only during the game and both are very reliable for ManUtd news. So they know we are signing the player.

/Mode off.
Stop reading Reddit mate

Kostov

A fell asleep at half time, all I remember about is him shooting at every opportunity. Is he the Portuguese Darron Gibson or what?

NoPace

---VanDeBeek---
Pogba------Fernandes
-------Fred-------

or something like that seems like a good fit for Bruno, playing on the right and hitting shots and crosses and running into 2nd wave of the attack and taking our set pieces (we don't really have anyone I feel great about, especially on non-shooting ones).

Not sure who Rashford partner's should be at the moment though Martial obviously has the talent, you'd like someone who can get onto the end of Pogba's passes over the top and Bruno's crosses a bit more, someone with some movement and who sort of do the thinking for the still raw Rashford, like a Dybala or Griezmann, or someone like Haller (or Maxi Gomez though I've seen less of him) who could do more physical work and look to help create that way for Pogba, Fernandes, Rashford and Van De Beek.

Or just accept that we'll be real open and play 4-3-3, though I think we'd have to sit back and be pretty structurally solid to not have trouble with young forward who can't really play against set defences well or hold up the ball with Pogba and Bruno trying ambitious passes and shots constantly. Seems like a team that would give up a lot of counter attacks. Maybe if we pressed maniacally that could mitigate it too, but can our forwards handle it mentally, would Lingard end up starting and we finish 6th anyways?

AgentP

This guy takes more shots than even Ronaldo! Surely not short on confidence. He's not technically exceptional like Bernardo Silva but he has other qualities that can male up for it. I hope we get him.

Allas8

Looks like I stand corrected, might actually be something special in this kid.

Fred isn’t really a number six.
With the way he played last season, I don't see Fred in any other role. Maybe over the summer he can be coached to move forward on the pitch, threating the opponents box, but I would not count on that.

Pogba Fred Bruno

Midfield trio next season.

Fosu-Mens

Not seeing it. Still miles better than Fred, but that should not be how you are evaluated.
His set pieces are very good, and he got confidence. His touch on the ball is a little heavy, and he is not press resistant. Would struggle under pressure and without good movement and spacing in the team.
Will not improve our general play, but would be a massive improvement on setpieces. No more Shaw and Young corners.

Red Devil Rising

Not seeing it. Still miles better than Fred, but that should not be how you are evaluated.
His set pieces are very good, and he got confidence. His touch on the ball is a little heavy, and he is not press resistant. Would struggle under pressure and without good movement and spacing in the team.
Will not improve our general play, but would be a massive improvement on setpieces. No more Shaw and Young corners.
We'd still have Rashford dominating free kicks no doubt :rolleyes:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I am pretty sure that our resident Sporting fans have kind of drafted a detailed post on Bruno Fernandes's qualities. Can any mod create a threadmark? I don't follow Liga Nos so wanted to see what kind of player he is

manuchamp88

Pogba can play slightly deeper and we'll instantly get the control we need during build up. Ole has said he can use Pogba as a deeper midfielder and not as an attacking player in the left half space as well. The only concern is that he switches off a bit during defence and doesn't track back sometimes when he loses the ball in attack which can be dangerous.

Your concern is justified and is precisely why Pogba shouldn't be playing there. He needs to be the AMC:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Fred
Rabiot Pogba
Bruno
Rashford New Striker

This should work imo
Even if we don’t buy a new striker and rely on Greenwood or Martial next to Rashford, but still sign a new right back & top CB. It’s still massive upgrade to our squad and still will give us good squad to fight top 4. Bruno himself is very threatening in scoring goals and that’s also enough to take the burden from our young strikers.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Based on last night alone I dont see why we'd sign this kind of player, we surely need either an out an our DM in the mould of a Fabinho or an all action midfielder in the mould of Herrera

Fernandes to me (again based on last night alone) seems like Pogba lite, much like how last season we were being linked with Savic

Makes no sense to me this one and thus I doubt it'll happen

Aloysius's Back 3

I'd prefer a player that has some creativity from CM than CAM.

Van der Beek, Tielemans & Rabiot.

If we get 2 of them (Rabiot on a free)

Then get a CDM like Rice to allow them to purely play on the front foot that would be great.

Our attack with players like Rashford, Martial, Greenwood would work better with a false nine in my opinion because they like to create their own chances with the ball at the feet whilst the false nine can inter link them.

Hamadovich86

Talented lad, could be another option for us but he might be a luxury signing since he plays a similar role to Pogba.

Redstar7

I think we will sell pogba and bruno will play pogba role

Last edited by a moderator:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Based on last night alone I dont see why we'd sign this kind of player, we surely need either an out an our DM in the mould of a Fabinho or an all action midfielder in the mould of Herrera

Fernandes to me (again based on last night alone) seems like Pogba lite, much like how last season we were being linked with Savic

It really doesn't make any sense. Personally I feel we either need more technical players in midfield, and preferably a playmaker. Otherwise an improvement on the defensive side with a box to box midfielder or a DM would also be a good addition. But an attacking midfielder who focuses on end product? Doesn't really make sense unless he's much better than the clips suggest. I've heard he's a great presser so that could be useful.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

We need depth.

Without Pogba in the team we lack threat from midfield.

Pogba against the weaker teams can happily play as an 8 with Fernandes ahead. He can play alongside Pogba also.

Adding quality players to our squad is never a bad thing.

crossy1686

career ending
We need depth.

Pogba against the weaker teams can happily play as an 8 with Fernandes ahead. He can play alongside Pogba also.

Pogba's probably also going to leave next summer unless we come close to winning a major honour this coming season so it's not the worst idea ever to get some depth in that midfield to lessen the blow.

Adam-Utd

Pogba's probably also going to leave next summer unless we come close to winning a major honour this coming season so it's not the worst idea ever to get some depth in that midfield to lessen the blow.
Well yes exactly. Why wait to replace him when we are desperate?

Look at City, they could have been happy with Sane/Sterling but they've gone and added Silva/Mahrez since then.

We need to stop being so kind and loving to our squad, it's business or get out.

VanGaalyTime

Why is it unacceptable, and which players would you replace him with?
Unacceptable because he's not as good and we need to improve. I'd much prefer us to focus on right wing and center forward and keep Pogba.

VanGaalyTime

Well yes exactly. Why wait to replace him when we are desperate?

Look at City, they could have been happy with Sane/Sterling but they've gone and added Silva/Mahrez since then.

We need to stop being so kind and loving to our squad, it's business or get out.
Except this is nonsense. Because City didn't sell Sane or Sterling. If we keep Pogba, great. But I doubt we will. I think Fernandes would be a replacement.

Adam-Utd

Except this is nonsense. Because City didn't sell Sane or Sterling. If we keep Pogba, great. But I doubt we will. I think Fernandes would be a replacement.
What are you calling nonsense :lol: it's fact.

We can happily add Fernandes and keep Pogba in the squad. The lack of competition is exactly why we have players walking through the season.

ATXRedDevil

I think so too. He's just too similar to Pogba. Can see us selling Pogba for 140, and buying Bruno for 70 and then paying down the debt.
Why would we do that? We’re a public corporation. We’ll do what all public (and large private ones for that matter) corporations do and issue new debt to pay down the existing debt, hopefully at a better interest rate.

Suvvernmanc

Hes had loads of shots but not done alot else.s no
I think so too. He's just too similar to Pogba. Can see us selling Pogba for 140, and buying Bruno for 70 and then paying down the debt.
I doubt that. He plays as a number 10 alot of the time so he would replace Lingard and Mata and play the tip of the diamond. This doesn't affect Pogba in the slightest all this season pogba has played left of the midfield diamond.

The problem with Pogba this season is that hes had crappy players around him meaning there is no movement ahead of him (Bruno would solve this). And with Matic and Scott Mctominay as his defensive partners in midfield, hes been dragged back to cover and their lack of quality overall means pogba cant do his thing.

---Rash--new striker
-------bruno
Pogba----new mid
-----new cdm

VanGaalyTime

What are you calling nonsense :lol: it's fact.

We can happily add Fernandes and keep Pogba in the squad. The lack of competition is exactly why we have players walking through the season.
My point was the discussion was about "replacing" Pogba. And you were saying City did the same thing. Except it's the opposite. City added players to their squad. Yes, I agree Pogba needs the competition and that's fine but selling him would be a significant mistake, particularly if this guy is his replacement.

flappyjay

We need depth.

No one is against that but we have to fix the pressing issues first. A good balanced midfield will reduce the amount of chances we concede per match and increase our chances created. Right now we should be getting players that compliment Pogba in midfield. Even if he leaves next season his replacement will find a functioning midfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.