Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhaylah

Strange that it was not posted on here that united reached an agreement with Sporting Lisbon or did i miss something ?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Obviously but not ever situation is similar. Every single player you named is completely different.

Hazard and Neymar were both wingers for a decent chunk of there career. Iniesta was just so good he was able to fill that role and was not a goalscoring midfielder like Bruno.

Ozil best performances came down the middle.

Its like playing Lampard out wide. Does not make any sense to do it with Bruno. You need wide players who will get in behind and take on players and spread out play and United have not had that in a long time
I’ll add more note on it. He doesn’t have enough pace to play outwide so it’s for the best to play him in the middle. England tried to play Scholes and it didn’t work at all.

I am even more convinced that we are more of the right club for him than Atl Madrid. He will likely play wide as wide playmaker if he plays under Simeone.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
As shown vs Switzerland putting him out wide is useless you're resitwciitng him to to see far less of the ball and restricting him from floating around the 18 yard box where and loose ball that falls his way is a 60% chance he bangs it in. Football is simple guys if you have a guy who banged in 34 goals from midfield playing down the middle....play him down the middle.
Sounding like a Pogba replacement with every passing description.

sp_107

Kagawa was playing under Sir Alex. It was as function as a team you could have. Mata was Chelsea's best payer for a season or two, before he lost his mojo by being so nice of a person.

I give you Mkhi though. It was a "total" failure, albeit he helped us winning Euro and League cups in 1st season.

Bruno will not be deployed out-wide, but more of a floating playmaker, just like Eriksen here

Spurs also use Son to drift inside. And they have TWO attacking fullbacks to stretch the field. That's why we need at least one GOOD attacking FB.
TBH, that spurs side looks better on paper too. No wonder they finished above us and made it to the champions league final.
I think Jose was right about our team quality but he must blame himself for not fixing that in 5 transfer windows.
Either Jose targets were wrong or it might not be easy to get the players, manager want from the board (As they could force players like Pogba for commercial reasons). With Pogba money Jose could have got 2 other good signings in 2017 and also he could have done better if he avoided Matic/Fred and bought other decent options. I dont blame him for Alexis as he was so hot at that time and every team wanted him.

Ranchero

Recently been linked with Sporting playmaker. Would add creativity to our side which we're in need of.

The Portuguese midfielder has 13 goals and 10 assists in 25 appearances this season.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...orting-Lisbon-midfielder-Bruno-Fernandes.html

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ews/man-utd-bruno-fernandes-transfer-15878770
He brings creativity and goals. Cannot argue with his stats, and precisely the kind of player that we need, but alongside other strong box-to-box creative midfielders. We needed at least two over and above Pogba. If he leaves it will be three, and I doubt we will get three.

RedCurry

What are his actual technical strengths? I haven’t watched him much but a couple of games that I did, I wasn’t able to put my finger on anything in particular.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
According to Ed Woodward's Facebook profile, he reached agreement with Sporting Lisbon for Bruno on 9th June.
Can someone confirm if it's really Ed's fb account ?
This is my favourite post on redcafe EVER

Beaucoup

What are his actual technical strengths? I haven’t watched him much but a couple of games that I did, I wasn’t able to put my finger on anything in particular.
From the limited times I've seen him it's clear he likes to shoot on sight, he seems good at finding pockets of space,moves the ball quickly and works hard, he's certainly isn't a dribbler/technical playmaker like Hazard/Silva.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I'd be surprised. Then Klopp has given up on Keita. And I'm not sure he suits you tactically. Also, Salah takes all the shots. That's the rule right?

Think this is just floating out there to fish for some bids.
Think keita was always envisioned as an 8 playing alongside a 10. That was the original plan when we tried to buy Fekir at least. Wijnaldum was actually linked with an exit last summer due to concerns about playing time with keita coming in.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Think keita was always envisioned as an 8 playing alongside a 10. That was the original plan when we tried to buy Fekir at least. Wijnaldum was actually linked with an exit last summer due to concerns about playing time with keita coming in.
I thought Keita looked good before his injury. Offered you something different to the two workhorses in midfield. Again, not sure Bruno suits you. Aren't you looking for someone to share the burden with the front 3 anyhow?

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I thought Keita looked good before his injury. Offered you something different to the two workhorses in midfield. Again, not sure Bruno suits you. Aren't you looking for someone to share the burden with the front 3 anyhow?
Think we'd be looking for someone who can play as a 10 and up front as needed. Similarly to oxo-chambo

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Think we'd be looking for someone who can play as a 10 and up front as needed. Similarly to oxo-chambo
Yeah, maybe you are in for him. I wouldn't put my money on it though. I'd put money on you signing wide attacker like Pepe.

SER19

I'd like this to get done. Not sure why, we're linked with everybody but feel he'd work well here

RedCurry

From the limited times I've seen him it's clear he likes to shoot on sight, he seems good at finding pockets of space,moves the ball quickly and works hard, he's certainly isn't a dribbler/technical playmaker like Hazard/Silva.
Not sure if there’s place in top sides for a player like that anymore. We desperately need some spark of creativity in the side. If Pogba does leave, it finally opens up that spot in a more attacking midfield role for someone with high technical abilities to fill. I don’t know if Bruno is the man to do it.

ostentatious

What is this big chance created? How can a player made more assists than the number of big chances, is an actual assist of the goal not considered big chance? Why is it so important?

The following is a tweet from SofaScore (I cannot post the link to the tweet yet)
"We can help! Big chance: A situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score, usually in 1v1 scenario or from very close range when the ball has a clear path to goal and there is low to moderate pressure on the shooter. Penalties are always considered big chances."
https:// twitter.com/ SofaScoreINT/ status/ 1123922672767913991

If I pass to you a long way from the goal, and you dribble past three and score, that would be an assist for me, but I didn't really create a big chance there. It can provide an insight into the player's proclivity for providing the final ball. But like most stats, the context is important, and it need not say much on its own.

Walters_19_MuFc

He brings creativity and goals. Cannot argue with his stats, and precisely the kind of player that we need, but alongside other strong box-to-box creative midfielders. We needed at least two over and above Pogba. If he leaves it will be three, and I doubt we will get three.
Say if we did get Fermandes and keep Pogba, how would you play them?

I personally think a combative box to box player and deeplying playmaker should be our priority.

Fer

Say if we did get Fermandes and keep Pogba, how would you play them?

I personally think a combative box to box player and deeplying playmaker should be our priority.
442 (diamond) against top teams. 433 vs midtable teams and below.

De Gea
RB - Lindelof - CB - Shaw
CDM
CM - Pogba
Fernandes
ST - Rashford/Martial​

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The following is a tweet from SofaScore (I cannot post the link to the tweet yet)
"We can help! Big chance: A situation where a player should reasonably be expected to score, usually in 1v1 scenario or from very close range when the ball has a clear path to goal and there is low to moderate pressure on the shooter. Penalties are always considered big chances."
https:// twitter.com/ SofaScoreINT/ status/ 1123922672767913991

If I pass to you a long way from the goal, and you dribble past three and score, that would be an assist for me, but I didn't really create a big chance there. It can provide an insight into the player's proclivity for providing the final ball. But like most stats, the context is important, and it need not say much on its own.
First of all when a player dribble past three and score, whoever did the pass initially shouldn’t be count as assist since it’s a solo goal.

Second, if that’s what big chance is then it’s clearly useless stats to me. 1v1 & something with with low moderate pressure with clear path to goal are depending on the runner.

Hughie77

This guy is like another Wesley Shnieder, saga few years back, bloody hell, I don't even think Woodward is Even negotiating with Sporting, or anyone really, the guys a fecking disaster. Oles got his work cut out ?

Gandalf

Maybe just stirring the pot but this guy was fairly spot on with his posts and the timeline on the James signing. He also says de Ligt to United is a done deal though so probably just a chancer but anyway, this seems to refer to Fernandes signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.