Bruno Fernandes | United not interested due to doubts over passing ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If we buy Bruno, Pogba is off. If not in the summer, certainly in the winter transfer window where he won’t be cup tied in the CL.

I know the Caf is split on Pogba, but if we want to challenge for the title, we need players that will run their guts out away to Sheffield in February.

I expect us to buy another DM that is quick and can cover loads of space on the pitch.
Pogba will likely stay because we are asking too much for him. If Madrid can't afford him then its a pretty sure bet other clubs can't either.

DSG

Pogba will likely stay because we are asking too much for him. If Madrid can't afford him then its a pretty sure bet other clubs can't either.
It’s a good point. The key to a Pogba to Real transfer is them offloading James, Bale, and perhaps a few others. Although it seems James will be sold for 40m, the chances of Bale moving seems small.

Selling him in the winter will normalize the asking price a bit and, if they aren’t performing, general outrage at being 2nd/3rd in the table.

By the way, PSG is the dark horse in this situation if Neymar moves, as they will have cash to spend.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It’s a good point. The key to a Pogba to Real transfer is them offloading James, Bale, and perhaps a few others. Although it seems James will be sold for 40m, the chances of Bale moving seems small.

Selling him in the winter will normalize the asking price a bit and, if they aren’t performing, general outrage at being 2nd/3rd in the table.

By the way, PSG is the dark horse in this situation if Neymar moves, as they will have cash to spend.
Neymar will not move for cash, nobody can pay that, except us but he’d turn us down anyway.

RedDevilRoshi

If we buy Bruno, Pogba is off. If not in the summer, certainly in the winter transfer window where he won’t be cup tied in the CL.

I know the Caf is split on Pogba, but if we want to challenge for the title, we need players that will run their guts out away to Sheffield in February.

I expect us to buy another DM that is quick and can cover loads of space on the pitch.

Absolutely no danger will we let a key player leave halfway through the season in January

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
We need to sign some true quality. Yes I’m happy we’re addressing holes in our team but we also lack creative quality. Need to start addressing that issue too or we’ll just remain mediocre.
I think we need more spark you are right there, we are far too heavily reliant on Pogba or some individual brilliance which is not enough.

Totally agree bit in bold as I've been saying for a while that Matic' legs are gone and should just be kept for big games and get rid of next summer. Although I think we should have let him go this year mate :)
Yea I think if we can get a decent offer for him we should be actively looking to sell him, he's been burnt out from over-playing and just doesn't have the engine anymore.

Eric's Seagull

Matic loOKs even slower than last season and that's slooooow
Noy good at all. His legs we gone last season. Now they must be completely fecked. Think he should have gone this summer, got to go next year. Can't be a regular starter. Think we should be able to get 10 out of him in the League at full intensity, just play him against the top 6 but defiinitely not 2 games in a week. Glad his contract is up next year, when he can go for free in my opinion mate.

SER19

I'm hoping all rumors about other clubs and him have died as we have a deal agreed just waiting to dot Is and cross ts whenever maguire is done. This probably makes no sense, but nonsense is woodwards bread and butter

Bogga

I'm confused at this point. Are we thinking about preparing a bid? Or preparing to think about a bid?
Im guessing that we're thinking about preparing to count how many times we're going to prepare a bid

Eric's Seagull

I'm hoping all rumors about other clubs and him have died as we have a deal agreed just waiting to dot Is and cross ts whenever maguire is done. This probably makes no sense, but nonsense is woodwards bread and butter
Maguire is not done deal, we keep fecking Leicester about and they are going to tell us to p!ss off as they also need time to find replacement. Agree with your part in bold though as this is the one signing I've been really hoping for mate.

Eric's Seagull

Im guessing that we're thinking about preparing to count how many times we're going to prepare a bid
Just hope when do prepare a bid that we don't take the p!ss and keep going back and adding a bit more on as this could drag on so long that don't have time to complete the signing mate :annoyed:

Zed 101

The idea that we cannot work on and complete 2 signings simultaneously is either ridiculous or worrying.... taking the stereotype that men cannot multitask a bit far, maybe we should get a female DOF

SER19

Maguire is not done deal, we keep fecking Leicester about and they are going to tell us to p!ss off as they also need time to find replacement. Agree with your part in bold though as this is the one signing I've been really hoping for mate.
That's my fear. He spends weeks on the maguire deal only to mess it up then sporting say piss off about selling fernandes right at start of season. Don't understand why only bissaka and James are done since we've basically been in clear need since April and the James deal was straightforward

Eric's Seagull

That's my fear. He spends weeks on the maguire deal only to mess it up then sporting say piss off about selling fernandes right at start of season. Don't understand why only bissaka and James are done since we've basically been in clear need since April and the James deal was straightforward
Think it's because he is going in with low offers and upping them a bit at a time, which works somewhat well financially but p!sses fans off.
I think all signings should be made as soon as possible to give them a better chance of gelling with the squad. 2 things that could work against us by not paying what selling club wants straight away, they could get annoyed by us low-balling them and refuse to sell the player and then that means we have less time to find replacement and next potential selling club knows we are are desperate and also running out of time so they charge extortionate fee as they know we will pay or we are going to be a signing down mate :eek:

Eric's Seagull

The article seems to suggest that Longstaff is an alternative to Bruno. I hadn't really appreciated that.
Hope to feck we don't decide to go for one or the other. Really think we should be going for both. Something which scares me from the article is that we are making a concrete bid in the next three weeks, I fear we are going to low-ball them and it will drag on so long we don't have time to sign him mate.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
With Barca looking to offload players this summer to fund the Neymar purchase. We should be trying to grab a few deals from them. Malcolm or Dembele for the RW and even a cheeky bid for Umtiti

dasty

I doubt we will sign anyone else. Probably Maguire for 90m and that's our summer window.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We're obviously waiting for something.

I assume so that Sporting get scared and drop their asking price. Either that or we just aren't interested at all and the agent is throwing his name out there hoping to catch a big fish. Strange situation.

Litch

Is a Strange one this and I get sense that whilst he's on the list, he's either not on the top of it or the signing was dependent on other factors that haven't happened like Pogs leaving. Im guessing whilst the windows open, this could still potentially happen and why everyone is keeping their powder dry......

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Complete media guess game. Portuguese media making things up for views so the English media think there’s a genuine interest so report it to pretend they have a clue. Absolutely nothing to see here as far as I’m concerned. We’d have put a bid in by now. ‘Preparing a bid’ is just nonsense and the fact there’s people on here who actually believe we can’t negotiate for 2 players at the same time is ridiculous.

Craig Ward

Longer this drags on the more im over thinking and considering he ay not be an option?

We've been "preparing a bid" for weeks.

And he has a release clause and his agent/representatives from Sporting were in the UK speaking to us weeks ago.

Seemingly a straightforward transfer, yet we've made little headway in weeks

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
95 pages on a player I'd bet 95% have never watched for 90 minutes.

It's odd that many see him as a 'must sign' that would walk straight into our starting 11, but no one throughout Europe appears to be trying to get him.

MrKazek

With Barca looking to offload players this summer to fund the Neymar purchase. We should be trying to grab a few deals from them. Malcolm or Dembele for the RW and even a cheeky bid for Umtiti
Who is Malcolm? Can't see him in Barca's squad.

UnitedObsession99

It's odd that many see him as a 'must sign' that would walk straight into our starting 11, but no one throughout Europe appears to be trying to get him.
You don't need to watch a lot of someone who has..
32 goals, 18 assists in 52 games in 18/19
16 goals, 20 assists in 56 games in 17/18

He only turns 25 in September so these are relatively break through years. Call the Portugese league weak, but those stats are incredible.

I've watched all his goals and assists this year as well and what you see with him is a dynamic energetic confidence. Can shoot from distance, accurate with free kicks, supreme penalty confidence. Incredible vision, can cross or pass.

He also has the energy to track back.

His weakness is maybe that he can be a bit loose on the ball. He gets dispossed and has bad touches a couple of times a game. This could be worse in the Prem. In this sense he doesn't have the game control of someone like Savic, but his eye for goal creating opportunities will easily make up for that.

As always it would be nice if we had someone more energetic than Matic behind or alongside him.

Don't be of any doubt this is one of the most exciting signings on the market.

Leftback99

You don't need to watch a lot of someone who has..
32 goals, 18 assists in 52 games in 18/19
16 goals, 20 assists in 56 games in 17/18

He only turns 25 in September so these are relatively break through years. Call the Portugese league weak, but those stats are incredible.

I've watched all his goals and assists this year as well and what you see with him is a dynamic energetic confidence. Can shoot from distance, accurate with free kicks, supreme penalty confidence. Incredible vision, can cross or pass.

He also has the energy to track back.

His weakness is maybe that he can be a bit loose on the ball. He gets dispossed and has bad touches a couple of times a game. This could be worse in the Prem. In this sense he doesn't have the game control of someone like Savic, but his eye for goal creating opportunities will easily make up for that.

As always it would be nice if we had someone more energetic than Matic behind or alongside him.

Don't be of any doubt this is one of the most exciting signings on the market.
A 34 year old Jonas (I've never heard of him) scored 34 goals in 17/18. He won't get half as much time to be shooting from anywhere in the PL.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I admit this is the case with me but we absolutely need some creativity in our attacking play. Some players that can move the ball quickly into dangerous areas and play direct 1-2s.
He might end up being the next Kagawa or Mkhitaryan only shining in a certain system/under a certain manager and in the Portuguese league but with no other realistic options on the horizon I am all for glorifying him as our saviour.

Leftback99

I admit this is the case with me but we absolutely need some creativity in our attacking play. Some players that can move the ball quickly into dangerous areas and play direct 1-2s.
He might end up being the next Kagawa or Mkhitaryan only shining in a certain system/under a certain manager and in the Portuguese league but with no other realistic options on the horizon I am all for glorifying him as our saviour.
Hopefully but we've learnt that it's rare for anyone to come from weaker leagues and hit the ground running in the PL. People slotting him into dream first choice XIs for next season are likely to be disappointed with what we actually get.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

I grew tired of banging on about this weeks ago. He’s become a ‘must sign’ for people who have never seen him, and a point of criticism against the club for not completing ‘the Fernandes deal’, which we don’t even know if there is one.

I’ve barely seen any of him myself. That said, the video on the tube of his performance against Barcelona did get my interest I just say.

Sterling Archer

There's a lot of fervor around every player link. Even Maguire is shifting from not good enough to delight at the prospect.

It has nothing to do with actual quality. It has everything to do with the awful end to the season and desire for seeing new faces in a United shirt that haven't worn out their welcome.

croadyman

I doubt we will sign anyone else. Probably Maguire for 90m and that's our summer window.
Yeah I agree it is certainly starting to look that way,not gonna lie I am gutted if we don't sign any midfielders when we really needed two.

Maybe people are onto something who say Utd were never really interested in him and was all paper talk from Portugal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.