Bruno Lage | Sacked

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Just realised that Wolves are 3 points behind West Ham in 4th, with a goal in hand.

They had a weird start to the season where they were losing games they completely dominated (including against United) so probably deserve a few more points than they have. A lot of chat over the last week about Hasselhutl deserving a big job, despite managing a team who is 8 points further down the table. Should Lage be getting talked about in the same way?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Yes they'll finish 8th which is amazing but they are a fecking atrocious watch. Well done on finding a duller manager than Nuno.

Chairman Steve

This season’s manager who had an unprecedented good first season, people think he’s amazing and should be at a top club then follows it up with a shit start and gets sacked.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
This season’s manager who had an unprecedented good first season, people think he’s amazing and should be at a top club then follows it up with a shit start and gets sacked.
He has been terrible since Jan if I remember correctly.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He's been really underwhelming and it's not surprising.

Do you think they'd get Nuno back in?

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22

Was thinking that and I checked what he was up to. Currently managing in Saudi Arabia

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Is Paulo Fonseca in work currently? Feels like this is his calling in the premier league at least.

Wolves ended last season very poorly and continued in same vein this season. Just one of those teams who endlessly passes the ball around midfield but very little goal threat, I thought they'd be outsiders for relegation and season is playing out like that.

Also some odd transfers, Boly, Coady and Saiss all left so they've hardly got any CBs beyond Nathan Collins and Kilman.

GlasgowCeltic

interested to know what Wolves fans think about where the club is under Mendes, got them into the league into the first place I guess

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Alright then, so here's the list of Mendes clients shortlist:

Karanka was managing Boro for a fair while, so he must have a good level of familiarity with shit on a stick football - ought to count in his favour.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Also, letting Coady go could be one of the worst transfer mistakes of the season.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Also, letting Coady go could be one of the worst transfer mistakes of the season.
Yeah. Seems to have been a Benitez/Digne type situation.

I thought the original idea was that Coady couldn't play in a back four, but Lampard has switched to that soon after he came and he's done fine... and in his last game Lage went back to a three anyway with fecking Ruben Neves and Jonny in as CBs.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Really bizarre decision. Especially as Roman Saiss left too.
Yeah. Seems to have been a Benitez/Digne type situation.

I thought the original idea was that Coady couldn't play in a back four, but Lampard has switched to that soon after he came and he's done fine... and in his last game Lage went back to a three anyway with fecking Ruben Neves and Jonny in as CBs.
It is really weird. Something must have gone on behind the scenes.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Is Paulo Fonseca in work currently? Feels like this is his calling in the premier league at least.

Wolves ended last season very poorly and continued in same vein this season. Just one of those teams who endlessly passes the ball around midfield but very little goal threat, I thought they'd be outsiders for relegation and season is playing out like that.

Also some odd transfers, Boly, Coady and Saiss all left so they've hardly got any CBs beyond Nathan Collins and Kilman.
I warned about Bruno Lage being very dogmatic and that things could crash quickly as it's not easy to be managed by a very dogmatic manager.

Paulo Fonseca signed a contract at Lille, they are trying to make a squad rebuild almost from scratch (they lost pratically all their key players).

Vitor Pereira would be the most competent choice from the Portuguese Managers, but he's actually doing a good job at Corinthians, reaching the 1/4 finals of Libertadores, a cup Final still to play and sitting on 4th with a very aged and limited squad at Corinthians, so he's not leaving until the season ends at Brazil. Plus, his wage is actually high.

The obvious choice would be Marcelino (spanish manager) IMO, but I'm not sure about his english skills. One of the most underrated managers in all Europe.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I hope not Nuno, I don't even support them but I feel constipated just by the thought of playing his sides in the league. He's more negative than Mourinho if such a thing should even exist. They'd be better off giving Ole a go, he can bring the band together with Carrick and McKenna.