Bruno, McTominay, Fred

The Red Thinker

What makes Bruno a better to watch is that he sprints back into defence when there’s a break. Pogba is more talented than Bruno. But what Bruno lacks in physique and power, he makes up in speed and effort. Special lad.

The Red Thinker

Also... that delicious Bruno - Mata link up!!! You sense these are two players who see football in the same way. This could rejuvenate Maya’s role in the team.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
have to disagree about freds goal scoring abilities, he’s pretty clearly an atrocious finisher, but the other parts of his game can be brilliant.
Hopefully today gives him the confidence to start doing it more regularly against better opposition

DVG7

Hopefully today gives him the confidence to start doing it more regularly against better opposition
hopefully, second goal was hopefully a wake up call to him that going for pure power isn’t his skill set. Seemed very composed when placing it.

dave1956

I think Mata has found his footballing soul mate in Bruno, a younger player faster player who can cover for him create the space for him to play that killer pass, and a footballing brain with the ability to see the game and pass a ball.

quackattack

This.

The sad thing is who we can bring on if any are injured. :nervous: :eek: Pereira, Mata or Lingard.WTF.
I dont ever remember United having such little depth.
I think Garner should be ahead of those (freeloaders). Mata isn't bad though, maybe a bit situational.

thepolice123

I think this is by far our best starting midfield combination with the best balance. All three players are placed in their absolute best position. McT and Fred has been proven to work in the big games too.

Second best would probably be something like:

--- Pogba --- Fernandes ----
----------- Matic/McT ----------

However, I don't trust Matic or McT in that DM position. Fred is definitely not good enough to play that position. Don't think it can work in the big games too.

Another one would be:

-----------------Bruno ------------------
--- Pogba ---- Fred/McT/Matic

Been through this many times during the Mou years. Pogba is very inconsistent in that deeper midfield role.