Bruno the new Eric

Josep Dowling

Can everyone just calm down? We do this everytime. Once we get within a sniff of top 4 we drop points. Bruno looks good but Eric was making United win leagues. Ridiculous comparison.

Gasolin

He's the catalyst, the one who is going to force the team to play better. In that sense, he's a bit like Eric, not necessarily the same yet, but he's the one who's making it click.

kirk buttercup

Can everyone just calm down? We do this everytime. Once we get within a sniff of top 4 we drop points. Bruno looks good but Eric was making United win leagues. Ridiculous comparison.
Eric also had a better team around him . Bruno has been quality . let Bruno be Bruno

Gasolin

I think he's already showing glimpses of what he can do. Let's say Pogba comes in, and Rashford can come back, and one or two more players and why not? He might win us the league again!

mancave bear

There is only 1 Bruno Fernandes!

Only 1.

And I think he will play a similar role as Eric did. He is Ole's best signing so far, and he have been a lot better than we could hope for : )

P.S. who is Pogba haha

Last edited:

Green_Red

I mean, so far he's the third best Portuguese footballer to play for us. He's good, but if you're only the third best Portuguese how can you be the new Eric? Even Ronaldo wasn't that good.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Please don’t jinx him!

If he’s like this for a few seasons then compare him to players who’ve delivered on the biggest stage consistently for us.

He’s certainly in great form at the moment and looks like the signing that’ll get ole another seasons grace. I agree that his signings have been good and all look like they love it here. I really hope Bruno can continue this level for another few years as he’s the player making it all click at the minute but to keep up this level of form for another few years would be pretty staggering considering his output in Portugal too. in reality we are still some way off challenging for anything important but he’s still come in and instantly made us look a better team and he was absolutely the best signing of the window. If we’d had this level of form since he arrived all season we’d be second I reckon. Still a RW, permanent striker and more adequate squad cover away from a completed squad. In theory though If himself and pogba click and keep up those numbers then either could have an off day and we Would still be a major threat to most teams.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
If he kicks a fascist, then maybe.

Dr Fink

He's the new Bruno, not Eric. He's his own man with his own effect in a different period of time.

What I like about this guy is that plays in a position of probably THE most influence. Credit to Ole, he's put him where he has flourished to date, floating behind a front two. Even better, he seems to have struck up rapport and understanding with Martial and Mata. Despite all the Pogba-hate on here, it's mouthwatering to think of the connection and influence they both could have on this team. Throw in Rashford too.

Bruno seems to have a great footballing brain, mobility, an eye for a pass and more important an infectious on-pitch personality/charisma, thta has clearly had an effect on the rest of the team. He's the closest thing to a silver bullet I've seen so far.........

What happens when he gets injured/suspended? ............Who cares, let's enjoy him and the effect for now.

Foxbatt

He certainly can play football. He has so much space and if our players learn how to move into space and also how to pass the ball well, we could have a lot more success.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Cantona v Sunderland see Bruno v Everton :drool::drool::drool:

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I immediately thought of Cantona's goal the moment I saw that go in. The non-chalance, the magic, the sheer individual inspiration of it.

WHAT. A. GOAL.

Castia

Absolutely top class

An attacking midfielder with a score record like a striker with one if the best assist records in Europe as well

One of the best in the world for me.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Definitely had Eric vibes after that goal, the celebration.....OH AAHHH

charlenefan

The dummy before he got the ball back was pure Cantona as well :keano:

Jinn

Only thing missing was the collar on the shirt and that look.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
What a ridiculous player. Just a joy to watch.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
The fact opposition loathe him is all the right signs. What a deal we got on him.

Guy is a baller.

charlenefan

Sky already on the comparisons with the Sunderland goal