Bruno to Madrid... ?

Rob Bowman

The other thread is locked but this caught my eye...

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...5HIPKBxoMnVWeHqUam2X0VVMhE5o0gB4iGLcuhWTJSdWc

Bruno Fernandes 'set to complete' deadline day transfer
It looks like the Bruno Fernandes saga could finally be coming to an end today.

ESPN report the Portugal international will be confirmed as a Real Madrid player today as Zinedine Zidane looks to add one last signing to his squad on European transfer deadline day.

If true wow... not good enough for us, but Madrid will sign him...

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nothing on Marca so i'd be very sceptical. They're all going off the reports in Italy which are probably fake.

youmeletsfly

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...5HIPKBxoMnVWeHqUam2X0VVMhE5o0gB4iGLcuhWTJSdWc

ESPN report the Portugal international will be confirmed as a Real Madrid player today as Zinedine Zidane looks to add one last signing to his squad on European transfer deadline day.

It's not a matter of him being not good enough for us. Considering he had agreed a deal with Spurs and we should have more money than Spurs, it might be something along the lines of:

- we didn't want him and it was just the PT media using our name
- he didn't want to come to OT
- we actually don't have that much money

What we're sure of:
- he didn't request a big contract (he agreed a deal with Spurs)
- he was available
- he wanted to come to England

Now it's up to you to take it as you want. I feel we were not in for him. Was it a mistake, yes it was, for sure, but hey, nothing amazes me anymore.

Omahahaha

No need for him when we have JLingz providing the creativity and goalscoring threat from midfield.

RoyH1

The Spanish media is reporting nothing on this, so i think it’s a classic case of the English language media going off with some agent/club leak. Zidane only wants Pogba it seems and we’re not selling.

romufc

Now it's up to you to take it as you want. I feel we were not in for him. Was it a mistake, yes it was, for sure, but hey, nothing amazes me anymore.
I think that it goes totally against how Ed Woodward operates. Why should Manutd sign a player that:

1. The other club is happy to sell
2. The player is not requesting a huge package
3. Wants to play in England
4. Would be happy to join

That is not what a good transfer is, we need to be held to ransom over a player for them to be signing under Ed Woodward.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Won't happen. We're selling other players, Thierry just went to Valencia

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Reckon he's got Di Marzio and the boys on commission. They couldn't shut up about him at summer long.

stepic

haven't you learnt by now that Bruno transfer media reports are all utter tosh?

Marcelinho87

As I have said previously... Sporting are wanting to cash in with him having a freak year cause they know his stock is high...

Nobody wants, him or even wanted him.

Nick7

It's not a matter of him being not good enough for us. Considering he had agreed a deal with Spurs and we should have more money than Spurs, it might be something along the lines of:

- we didn't want him and it was just the PT media using our name
- he didn't want to come to OT
- we actually don't have that much money

What we're sure of:
- he didn't request a big contract (he agreed a deal with Spurs)
- he was available
- he wanted to come to England

Is there any actual proof he agreed a deal with Spurs? Seemed the same shit as him being linked to us. It was obvious all summer we weren't interested in him and it was just his agent and the portuguese press linking him to us. Would be shocked if that wasn't the same thing with Spurs when it looked like they weren't getting Lo Celso.

prateik

As I have said previously... Sporting are wanting to cash in with him having a freak year cause they know his stock is high...

Nobody wants, him or even wanted him.
I think a few clubs want him.. but not at that inflated price.
Sporting know they can get a decent fee anytime .. they tried to get more when they thought his stock was high. No one bit.

If he can perform spectacularly again, someone might just pay what Sporting want .

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
ESPN and Marca reporting it.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Smokescreen for Eriksen?

SportingCP96

Supports
I just want this nightmare window to end already.

Lee565

We didnt need him anyway, he would have only stopped one of our promising u-17 players of getting senior game time right...

cyberman

But they wouldn't sign him if they got Pogba who we have so there's more to it than not being good enough.
This screams panic buy to me. Madrid seem to be scrambling

youmeletsfly

Is there any actual proof he agreed a deal with Spurs? Seemed the same shit as him being linked to us. It was obvious all summer we weren't interested in him and it was just his agent and the portuguese press linking him to us. Would be shocked if that wasn't the same thing with Spurs when it looked like they weren't getting Lo Celso.
Bruno himself said that in an interview a few days ago.

youmeletsfly

I think that it goes totally against how Ed Woodward operates. Why should Manutd sign a player that:

1. The other club is happy to sell
2. The player is not requesting a huge package
3. Wants to play in England
4. Would be happy to join

That is not what a good transfer is, we need to be held to ransom over a player for them to be signing under Ed Woodward.
Yes, unfortunately it has come to that.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Not good enough for us but plenty good for Madrid. Man Utd plc ftw, everybody.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
We've got James back for this position, who is probably the better player anyway, still he could be a decent squad player.

SportingCP96

Supports
I seriously doubt any club was interested in him
Was an agreement with Spurs until Sporting increased the price again. Was publicly stated by the player himself.

lsd

The Oracle
Was an agreement with Spurs until Sporting increased the price again. Was publicly stated by the player himself.

Yeah numerous players have said they turned down offers from clubs that never happened.

Bruno has been hawked to every club all summer by his Agent himself and Sporting yet none ever seriously considered buying him

Yeah numerous players have said they turned down offers from clubs that never happened.

Bruno has been hawked to every club all summer by his Agent himself and Sporting yet none ever seriously considered buying him
Never seriously wanted by anyone. Hyped up to the max. He’s the sort of player West Ham will be buying for £15m in a couple of years time.

UncleBob

ESPN :lol:

prateik

Is the transfer window finally shut?

The coverage around him has been absurd.. Cant remember anything like this .. far worse than Gaitan ..

SportingCP96

Supports
Is the transfer window finally shut?

The coverage around him has been absurd.. Cant remember anything like this .. far worse than Gaitan ..
I hope so. I can't take it anymore.

On top of that our squad has somehow managed to get worse then last season so it will take a Herculean season similar to the last for us to aspire to get anywhere near third place.

This will be a longgg season.

Matt6677

He can go anywhere he wants why should we care?

He was never on our radar and isnt better than what we already have