Bruno's post match comments

simplyared

Without naming any names he openly hung out a certain section of his teammates. Yes he was disappointed, but his comments aren't going to have a positive effect on the players he's targeting.
Those comments should come from the manager. Not a player surely!!

Last edited:

bsCallout

Is it snowing?

He spoke about the team conceeding awful goals, rightly so.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He will look for pastures new if we dont improve in the summer.
He sounds friggen determined to win something/anything.

Drainy

“I think we gave away the result, we gave away the game twice,” Fernandes told Premier League Productions.

“Because after being 2-0 up at half-time, coming into second half in the way we did, it’s really bad.

“We are conceding goals every game, we are conceding goals a lot of times and at home we concede too many goals.

“Too many bad results at home and this can’t be possible.

“I think we have to win this game after being 2-0 up, you have to win this game.

“It doesn’t matter how. You concede two goals and you come again and you score again.

“It’s impossible to concede another goal again, from a free-kick in the half of the pitch, we concede a goal from there and the way we concede.”
https://www.football365.com/news/bruno-fernandes-slams-man-utd-defence

Drainy

“There are a lot of things to be disappointed with,”

“We were making so many mistakes in the last few games and we can’t keep conceding goals like that. We have to be more focused, we have to have the same desire to score and to defend our goal.

“Every time we have to make goals and score goals it has to be the same to not concede and I think we have to learn from this.

“It has already happened a lot of times so it is more than a bit disappointing. You talk about everything that is going on but it is about learning and make it better.”
https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...-united-fernandes-everton-highlights-19787909

arthurka

Why shouldn't he? He has been dragging this shower of shit defensive unit including that clown of a keeper in for the ride for a while now. You cannot expect to score 3 goals at home and not win. Ole needs to have a word with himself that keeper and CB duo has been shocking for over a year now but he still keeps on playing them.

ShinjiNinja26

He spoke the truth. He said the team threw the game away, we did. He said we keep conceding too many goals, we do and when you’re winning 2-0 you shouldn’t be throwing it away and when you get back ahead after it’s unacceptable to concede again. Nothing wrong with what he said at all, if some of these players had the same mentality as Bruno then maybe that result wouldn’t have happened.

SirAF

Ageist
Nothing wrong with those comments, the club needs winners like him.

mav_9me

What would you expect Keane to say? Pretty much the same thing no? Not saying he is the same level of leader.
But he is pretty much our best player and de facto leader.

Red00012

Without naming any names he openly hung out a certain section of his teammates. Yes he was disappointed, but his comments aren't going to have a positive effect on the players he's targeting.
How dare he admit we concede too many goals...

The Original

I don't see anything wrong with the comments. He's talking about the team conceding goals. He's not blaming anyone in particular.
When he talks about the third goal and says "the way we concede", you can only see him talking about De Gea. Not that I mind.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Can't see anything wrong with those comments. Somebody had to have to guts to come out and say it rather than the usual bland guff they come out with.

hubbuh

The entire team is to blame, defense starts from the front. Look at how we were cut up prior to Everton's first goal
Our forwards definitely press less than our rivals do. @Pogue Mahone posted the numbers indicating so (Cavani and Greenwood the only two that came out with any dignity). At the same time, we're among the highest in goals conceded from set-pieces and headers. We concede 1.30 goals per match, which is way worse than anyone around us in the table (Arsenal concede 1.0 per game, and they're shit!). Our defence was entirely to blame for last night's defeat and it's not the only time they've shit the bed recently (second Sheffield United goal was an offence to football). It's not working back there.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I remember when Keane went on a complete rant, before the MUTV kerfuffle, when we got knocked out of the CL by Bayern in 01.

It was needed then and Bruno's comments are needed now.

RedIan

Just watched his interview, he did nothing of the sort. He said we cant keep conceding goals like that and that we have to learn from the game. Perfectly right and fair comments no matter how the you or press twist it.
if only our defenders had half of Bruno and Cavani work ethic and determination.

red4ever 79

He said the defence let us down. Nothing wrong with that at all.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’s right. Keep it in the corner if you have to, it’s unforgivable to concede that goal in time added on to time added on. Just row Z the fecking thing.

Make Bruno captain as far as I’m concerned, because our actual captain was too busy dropping off playing their entire team onside. You know if Bruno was Maguire’s height he would be clearing everybody out to win that header instead of retreating. He’s the size of a jcb for feck sake!

simplyared

I'm sticking to my principles on this, whatever the opinions of other caf members. You don't indirectly stick blame on your teammates openly in the media. That's for the dressing room!

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I'm sticking to my principles on this, whatever the opinions of other caf members. You don't indirectly stick blame on your teammates openly in the media. In the dressing room yes!
You think he didn't. I bet the atmosphere in there was red hot. Bet Cavani had a lot to say as well. They come out with the same stuff everytime something like this happens, 'It wasn't good enough', 'We need to learn from this'. Nice to hear someone being brutal for a change. They need a red hot boot up the arse.

Withnail

When he talks about the third goal and says "the way we concede", you can only see him talking about De Gea. Not that I mind.
There are a number of mistakes before it got near De Gea.

It was a free kick near the half way line with seconds left on the clock. Absolutely disastrous defending from everyone involved.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm sticking to my principles on this, whatever the opinions of other caf members. You don't indirectly stick blame on your teammates openly in the media. That's for the dressing room!
Where has be 'blamed' specific team mates? He's staying that the team threw away the win due to shit defending. He's saying what we all know to be true.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I am of the opinion that Bruno needs to speak less at times but he said nothing wrong here.

simplyared

You think he didn't. I bet the atmosphere in there was red hot. Bet Cavani had a lot to say as well. They come out with the same stuff everytime something like this happens, 'It wasn't good enough', 'We need to learn from this'. Nice to hear someone being brutal for a change. They need a red hot boot up the arse.
Exactly in the dressing room and that's where it should stay!