Bruno's post match comments

Gonçalo Motta

He only said what everyone was thinking anyway. I don't see any issues with that.

After all this year's without winning anything significant, some supporters started to become really soft.

Ananke

No point sugar coating it is there. He's spot on and no one has been called out individually.

He's annoyed (visibly so) that defensively we're leaking goals, through silly mistakes. And he's 100% correct.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Maybe shouldn't have said it to the press, but I've no doubt he's also said it in the dressing room plenty of times and apparently it hasn't got through to our defence. AWB and Maguire were absolutely awful yesterday. AWB especially put in one of the most brained performances I've ever seen. Why should players like Bruno and Cavani be running themselves into the ground for this team when those teammates at the other end of the pitch look like they can't be arsed.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Nothing wrong. Everyone feel the same way. We can’t conceded goals not to win after winning 2-0 and took lead again 3-2 until 93rd minute and dominated the game the whole 90 minutes. We scored 3 goals, Everton only had 3 shots on target with 6 shots in total and they only had 38% possession FFS. That is ‘’supposed’’ to be enough to win you game. If our centre backs and the keeper can’t take it on the chin then they are in delusional.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Why isn't Bruno captain? Does Maguire have a sneaky clause in his contract that guarantees him captaincy for the foreseeable future?

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
I can see a winner from a million miles away and Bruno is that.

Since about July ive realized hes going to feck off once he realizes we cant compete here and go elsewhere to win.

I dont care what anyone says hes totally right for calling out sub par players and performances. I say next season will be his last once he realizes no one else in this organization has his desire to win and I wont blame him at all.

Eternitiy

Don't like him calling out teammates honestly. He needs to have a look at his own performances in the nil-nil against Liverpool and Arsenal, games in which we should have won as well. Our defence was great in both matches, but where was he? Constantly giving the ball away and failing to have any positive influence whatsoever.

BR7

What club rules?

I wasn’t aware of any club rules regarding players talking to press.
Every club has press rules, what you can and can’t say to the press/public. SAF was very strict on it. Criticising teammates in public is a no go area. Although I’m unconvinced if he really pulled anyone up but I’ve heard he has had two run ins with ole (press talk so again unsure if true) so another run in won’t be good. Ole can’t afford to lose him and I think Bruno knows it. So he’s going a bit rogue.

ash_86

Imagine scoring a worldly for the defense to coneede the lead not one but twice within 45 mins of football. This is Manchester Fecking United and every player must pull their own weight or feck off!!

OleBoiii

It's been a while since I've seen a United player who displays a winning mentality so clearly. You can tell how much these things pisses him off.

It's fecking refreshing to be honest.

Siezard

This season's league title chase is pretty much over although still have to fight for Top 4. The focus should be to win a trophy: Fa cup or Europa.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He just said what everyone can see. If his team mates can't handle it they are not champions material.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Bruno spitting facts. He was specific inthe words he said, and they're all true.

It beats drab comments like "we have to try harder" or something similar that the likes of Mata used to say after every bad result.

POF

You're not getting my point. It's the forum he chooses to hang out his players/defenders. He can call out his teammates as much as he likes, but leave it to the dressing room, traning ground or whatever.
He didn't "hang out his players/defenders". He said "we" throughout his comments. Players in the Fergie era used to talk like this all of the time. It's actually a very Roy Keane type statement. That was a time when United had a top class winning culture.

What is wrong with saying "we gifted them goals and threw that game away". He hasn't singled anyone out and is making it clear that standards have to be higher at United.

If he said "what an absolute wimp De Gea is. He completely bottled it at the end" or "Idiotic giveaway of possession by Wan Bissaka" or "Maguire played the whole forward line onside the dopey git", I'd agree with you. But he didn't name anyone, just publicly stated what every single player in that dressing room should be thinking.

Bruno is trying to raise standards. He's letting everyone know (in and out of the club) that a capitulation like that is not good enough. Up your level or get out. Ole would completely back him in those comments and so he should.

simplyared

No problem with this and I'm thinking why?
Difference is he was with us for 9 yrs. When he made the interview he'd been our captain for almost 5 yrs and as captain had led the team to 6 EPL titles, 3 FA-cups, 1 CL . After that he went on to add 1 more EPL title and 1 more FA-cup to the list.
Bruno has been with us just over 1 yr and has won feck all yet!

For those of you bringing Roy Keane into the picture and making the same comparison!

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Why isn't Bruno captain? Does Maguire have a sneaky clause in his contract that guarantees him captaincy for the foreseeable future?
Stripping someone of captaincy is a huge risk. Unless you've got a compelling reason then you can fracture the dressing room pulling a stunt like that. Solskjaer doesn't seem like the type to do that, certainly not for performances. He had the perfect opportunity to strip him of captaincy during his Greek arrest but stood by him.

The way to change captaincys that seems to be the least risky is slowly phasing them out with a better player, then giving the captaincy to someone who actually plays.

POF

No problem with this and I'm thinking why?
Difference is he was with us for 9 yrs. When he made the interview he'd been our captain for almost 5 yrs and as captain had led the team to 6 EPL titles, 3 FA-cups, 1 CL . After that he went on to add 1 more EPL title and 1 more FA-cup to the list.
Bruno has been with us just over 1 yr and has won feck all yet!

For those of you bringing Roy Keane into the picture and making the same comparison!
It has nothing to do with how long he was at the club. If Phil Jones said that what would be your reaction?

The reason Keane can say it is because he walks the talk. He leads by example and nobody could ever accuse him of switching off or showing a lack of desire.

Bruno is the same type of character. Whether he's done it for 9 years, 1 year or 5 games, he has proven that he will back his words up with his own performances. That gives him the right to make those comments.

Pogba makes the "we need to improve" comments all the time and not one person thinks he means a word of it.

SirAnderson

Feck me this guy is a champion, he's desire to win is second to none, and I really hope these words burn into the minds of his teammates who just want good football careers, whereas he wants to be a winner and put down his legacy.
The more I read those words, the more I see someone that is destined for greatness, I just hope it can be with us.

Red00012

It has nothing to do with how long he was at the club. If Phil Jones said that what would be your reaction?

The reason Keane can say it is because he walks the talk. He leads by example and nobody could ever accuse him of switching off or showing a lack of desire.

Bruno is the same type of character. Whether he's done it for 9 years, 1 year or 5 games, he has proven that he will back his words up with his own performances. That gives him the right to make those comments.

Pogba makes the "we need to improve" comments all the time and not one person thinks he means a word of it.
You didn’t have to even use a player who hasn’t played in over a year . If Rashford or Martial said this I’d be fuming.

Bruno is a leader and I agree 100% with what he said.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I don’t get why some are saying he should have said this. Your coach doesn’t seem that bothered about winning the league so it’s good that someone is. He set the game up for 3 points, an easy 3 points, and the duds let messed it up. He’s every right to call them out. More of that and he’ll end up going somewhere to win. You can tell he’s desperate to win.

LoneStar

A player says something honestly, and this is the kind of shit he has to face. No wonder every sportsperson in pretty much all sports these days says the same generic safe answers. Why would you want to speak your mind when you will gave backlash? And then the fans complain that pressers are boring.

laughtersassassin

Good comments. It's true our defence is shocking and is costing us week in week out.

We have one of the worst defences in the league. They should be ashamed.

They managed to make us draw a game where we outplayed the opposition for 85 minutes and scored 3 goals.

It can't be understated how poor that is.

If it was a once off you'd defend it but this is the same defense that they our CL group in 5 minutes.

GazTheLegend

I don’t get why some are saying he should have said this. Your coach doesn’t seem that bothered about winning the league so it’s good that someone is. He set the game up for 3 points, an easy 3 points, and the duds let messed it up. He’s every right to call them out. More of that and he’ll end up going somewhere to win. You can tell he’s desperate to win.
Solskjaer is playing it down but you can tell he's desperate to win something, he just doesn't want to put extra pressure on the players. Do you not think that playing for Manchester United, with the insane levels of media scrutiny, fan expectation etc isn't enough pressure already? But our defenders and goalkeeper have crumbled when it has counted so either they toughen up or they get replaced with players that CAN take the pressure or better still - enjoy it, like Bruno does. Absolutely nothing wrong with what Bruno said. That result was absolutely fecking infuriating, as was the Sheffield United and Champions League results. When it's come down to it our players have got scared.

But the plus side is - they're still young. Next year the ones that are still inexperienced will handle it better because they have to.

ForeverRed1

Just read a article saying he doesn’t want to sign a contract extension just yet. He wants to wait until the end of the season to see how we do.

100% he will leave if he doesn’t see us winning anything. He has a elite mentality and the club will have to match him.

A-man

Don't like him calling out teammates honestly. He needs to have a look at his own performances in the nil-nil against Liverpool and Arsenal, games in which we should have won as well. Our defence was great in both matches, but where was he? Constantly giving the ball away and failing to have any positive influence whatsoever.
Yes it goes both ways. When the team have kept clean sheets and we haven't scored, the defenders don't go out and back stab Bruno in media for being poor.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yes it goes both ways. When the team have kept clean sheets and we haven't scored, the defenders don't go out and back stab Bruno in media for being poor.
Don't be so dramatic.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Without naming any names he openly hung out a certain section of his teammates. Yes he was disappointed, but his comments aren't going to have a positive effect on the players he's targeting.
Those comments should come from the manager. Not a player surely!!
I think he is (rightly) beginning to get pissed off at doing so much to get us into a good position only for it to be given away. I've watched his face carefully at the end of games and he isn't happy with the team - well, we have to make sure he is happy. No one can doubt he's single-handedly changed the team so if he upsets the others, they need to stop upsetting him. I know what you are saying but the last thing we want is to be chancing losing him

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
You think he didn't. I bet the atmosphere in there was red hot. Bet Cavani had a lot to say as well. They come out with the same stuff everytime something like this happens, 'It wasn't good enough', 'We need to learn from this'. Nice to hear someone being brutal for a change. They need a red hot boot up the arse.
Cavani comes across, to me, like Zlatan - hates to lose and will let others know when they've screwed it up. Same for Bruno. Same in past for Keano and Cantona. Some players don't seem to mind losing as much - you can bet SAF wouldn't want them in a side...

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Just read a article saying he doesn’t want to sign a contract extension just yet. He wants to wait until the end of the season to see how we do.

100% he will leave if he doesn’t see us winning anything. He has a elite mentality and the club will have to match him.
He signed 5 .5 year contract with an option of one more year. Him not signing a contract is least of our worries now.

AFC NimbleThumb

It must be pointed out that Pogba was literally the player of the tournament the last time we won in Europe & got plaudits league wide in TOTS since.

I’m yet to hear our captain make a statement after gifting Everton the point; kind of quiet like he was after that shambolic Spurs performance.

On the face of his comments Pogba isn’t wrong either.

simplyared

Cavani comes across, to me, like Zlatan - hates to lose and will let others know when they've screwed it up. Same for Bruno. Same in past for Keano and Cantona. Some players don't seem to mind losing as much - you can bet SAF wouldn't want them in a side...
Just because players don't go public with there disconsent, doesn't mean they don't mind losing. Rashford for example contributes just as much as Bruno. Undoubtedly our 2 most important players. He doesn't hang out our defensive players in public. You bring in SAF to the equation: If SAF was in charge now and a player went public critisizing like Bruno did and bearing in mind he's been with the club 1 year, he wouldn't be happy I can tell you that!

bsCallout

Because he doesn't need an armband to be a leader. Boring hang up.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
As long as he doesn't separate himself from the team (like saying they cost us the game), what he would say in these circumstances is absolutely fine.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Because he doesn't need an armband to be a leader. Boring hang up.
I keep seeing this. Yes, you don’t have to be captain to be a leader, but you do have to be a leader to be captain. Saying Bruno doesn’t need to be captain only works if he have a leader as our current captain, which we don’t.