Bryan Gil

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Thought Spurs were well stocked with wide players? Bergwyn, Moura, Son, that kid they got from Leeds.

Does NES even play a lot with wingers? I thought the width in Wolves play came from wingbacks?

Lamela and 20mil is not a lot of risk I guess.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Thought Spurs were well stocked with wide players? Bergwyn, Moura, Son, that kid they got from Leeds.

Does NES even play a lot with wingers? I thought the width in Wolves play came from wingbacks?

Id say there is going to be a big turnover at Spurs. It’s starting to feel that way.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Bit of an unusual name, ‘Brian’ for a Spanish winger - that’s not to say it couldn’t work out though. It’s a fairly low risk move, 20m + Lamela
It has a 'y' not an 'i'. I think that indicates more of a Latin spelling than an English style. I don't know many Brian/Bryan's with Spanish heritage. Bryan Ruiz of Costa Rica is the only other that I can recall off the top of my head but probably more common than we think.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Mostly played with a front 3. Bergwyn could possibly be going back to Holland with Ajax.

Lucas, DIer, Winks, Sissoko, Aurier are all for sale I would say.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Mostly played with a front 3. Bergwyn could possibly be going back to Holland with Ajax.

Lucas, DIer, Winks, Sissoko, Aurier are all for sale I would say.
Any hope for him to turn it around if he stays ? 27M is not a massive fee but not really a punt either for a 7 goals return...
Has he been Mourinho'd or is he just not yet at the level you thought he would be ?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Any hope for him to turn it around if he stays ? 27M is not a massive fee but not really a punt either for a 7 goals return...
Has he been Mourinho'd or is he just not yet at the level you thought he would be ?
I believe he can play, its his finishing that really lets him down, seems to be the kind of player who needs a run of games. I certainly think he can.

Pep's Suit

How much Spurs spent on him? €25m + Lamela? Has to be one of the worst transfers of this season. Overall played just 57 mins in PL so far and 7 mins in last 2.5 month. Guess they'll loan him back to Spain or make him a part of some deal in January. Spurs can't spend that much and they waste it on this guy.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
How much Spurs spent on him? €25m + Lamela? Has to be one of the worst transfers of this season. Overall played just 57 mins in PL so far and 7 mins in last 2.5 month. Guess they'll loan him back to Spain or make him a part of some deal in January. Spurs can't spend that much and they waste it on this guy.
Looking at his build and level of experience it wouldn't be terribly surprising if he needs some time to adapt to English football. Writing off before we've even had half a season doesn't seem sensible.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Conte's gone big on Lucas Moura early on and he's delivering so little chance of playing while front three stay fit.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The guy is a young kid who has moved to a new country and a new league - give the lad a break! This season is clearly going to be a learning experience for him and I don't expect to see much of him till next year. He obviously has a lot of talent though.

Pep's Suit

Guess my prediction was quite decent after all. I know Spurs fans always make many, many excuses but anyone with two eyes would see Gil won't make it in PL. Also they made so many poor signings recently: this guy, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Ndombele, Emerson, Doherty, Sessegnon, Rodon, Davinson Sanchez for £42m... Wow.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Looks likely to go on a loan which is good news to be honest because he really needs to play regularly. Kids got talent but unfortunately for him he was bought for Nuno's system and not Conte's.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Guess my prediction was quite decent after all. I know Spurs fans always make many, many excuses but anyone with two eyes would see Gil won't make it in PL. Also they made so many poor signings recently: this guy, Lo Celso, Bergwijn, Ndombele, Emerson, Doherty, Sessegnon, Rodon, Davinson Sanchez for £42m... Wow.
I think they got Gil under Nuno as he does not suit a Conte system unless he wants to convert to a wing back. Spurs recruitment has been woeful for years, who was the last player that actually came in and improved the starting 11? Hojbjerg? Feel like whoever the head of recruitment is should have followed Nuno out the door. But it is probably Levy doing most of the signings.

Look at that list of players, do Spurs want top 4 or mid table? Looking at that list to me is says they want mid table. Emerson, never seen him do anything, cant even beat a man let alone fire in a decent cross, Doherty is rubbish, Ndombele is Taraabt v2.0, Rodon, who? Sanchez is a clown of a defender.

I will say Lo Celso and Bergwyn are ok squad options I guess.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Loaned to Valencia until the end of the season.

Time for Bordalas to give him minutes now.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Was involved in all four goals in some part vs Crystal Palace.

Maybe a turning point for him?

If that's the case we can assure Redcafe said it first, again.

We'll be paying attention to this.

21 years old, I thought he was older for some reason.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Was involved in all four goals in some part vs Crystal Palace.

Maybe a turning point for him?

If that's the case we can assure Redcafe said it first, again.

We'll be paying attention to this.

21 years old, I thought he was older for some reason.
He did really well in the second half but I still have doubts about him. Hopefully this does his confidence the world of good and he can push on from here as you can see he has talent.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Technically the best player on the pitch last night which is something considering Olise, Eze and Kane were all playing. Very lightweight though. Doesn't need to bulk up but has to work on how to wriggle free/avoid getting clattered.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Technically the best player on the pitch last night which is something considering Olise, Eze and Kane were all playing. Very lightweight though. Doesn't need to bulk up but has to work on how to wriggle free/avoid getting clattered.
That's my main concern with him, he is too easily pushed off the ball at the moment. Needs more upper body strength and also needs to work on leg strength as well. He is technically gifted though as you say.