BT Sport up for sale

Oranges038

only some weeks in fairness. sometimes he can’t make it and his shift is covered by a pigeon in barcelona.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That explains his good days.

Look at him there, positioning himself, ready to snuff out any threats. Excellent midfield play.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That explains his good days.

Look at him there, positioning himself, ready to snuff out any threats. Excellent midfield play.

one beady eye on the football, the other on the centre back pairing. that way he can 100% sure he’s positioned himself in a place where he can have feck all impact on the game.

Castia

It’s probably a really attractive package considering they have PL football, UFC and WWE exclusively

Amazon should go all out for it in my opinion.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Yeah well that’s life unfortunately bud.

Why would it benefit anybody to have sky lording over it and televising four games a week?

Can’t think of anything worse. And competition should reduce the cost not increase it.
It doesn't reduce it. That's the point I was making. The costs have only gone up since Sky lost it's foothold somewhat.

And I can afford it but thats not the point. I choose to watch it on a silky smooth river because I'm not a mug. Hahahaha

RUCK4444

It doesn't reduce it. That's the point I was making. The costs have only gone up since Sky lost it's foothold somewhat.

And I can afford it but thats not the point. I choose to watch it on a silky smooth river because I'm not a mug. Hahahaha
Yeah I would do the same but I fail every time I try to get access to a proper river. For some reason this dark magic eludes me.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
What is the value in BT sport? Given it doesn't make a profit by the look of it. There is also little prospect for growth. Once the rights they have lapse, can just wind it down.

Why would any other company buy it? If you're Amazon, just bid for the rights directly at the next auction and start from scratch.
Depends on whether they can wait four years for more rights. DAZN and Disney are apparently circling too.

Josep Dowling

The Premier League and UEFA are just daft really. Create their own apps and cut out the middle man. It’s so obvious that I can’t believe a group of money obsessed businessman haven’t done it yet.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
The Premier League and UEFA are just daft really. Create their own apps and cut out the middle man. It’s so obvious that I can’t believe a group of money obsessed businessman haven’t done it yet.
Meh. If you ask me, it's much better to just rake in a billion for the rights and let others worry about how to get the streams running and respond to customer complaints.

T_Model101

I wonder whether DAZN will look to get involved and perhaps bid for the rights
All of Matchroom Sports (Hearn) boxing events are going to be with them from the summer

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
Now we know why the EPL is trying to halt a proper bidding process for the next set of rights, I think the bubble is in process of bursting.

In reality every EPL club should be working on reducing the money spent in the game, instead of trying to be like the spanish clubs spending more and more money hoping that increased revenues will save the day.

Guy Incognito

Sounds like DAZN want in.

Their streaming service is quite reliable? Could be a game changer.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sounds like DAZN want in.

Good. Saw that this weekend there are 2 games at the 12.30 slot, but they are only showing one despite having 3 channels. What's the point of moving a game to an early slot if you are not gonna televise it?

A streaming service that televises PL football games is far overdue.

0le

Good. Saw that this weekend there are 2 games at the 12.30 slot, but they are only showing one despite having 3 channels. What's the point of moving a game to an early slot if you are not gonna televise it?
What the feck? :lol:

Surely there must be a reason for this?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

United game has been brought forward because of some concert at the cricket stadium later in the day. Nothing to do with BT.

King7Eric

No clue what the reason is. They are gonna show the Chelsea-City game, but not the Utd-Villa one for some reason. :houllier:

Chipper

Adulterer.

United were moved late because The Courteeners are playing a concert at the cricket ground. It was thought that the police/transport system mightn't have coped with football fans leaving and music fans arriving nearby all at the same time.

Bit of a bummer for me as I checked kick off times the other week and made an appointment for 11:30, believing it to be a 3pm kick off. Might miss the start of the match. Only streaming, not attending btw.

King7Eric

United game has been brought forward because of some concert at the cricket stadium later in the day. Nothing to do with BT.
They can still televise the game though, can't they? It's not a last-minute change, so surely they could take advantage of this change in schedule. Or is there anything preventing them from doing that? Genuinely curious.

Ludens the Red

No clue what the reason is. They are gonna show the Chelsea-City game, but not the Utd-Villa one for some reason. :houllier:
Chelsea city was always scheduled to be live. United game was moved relatively recently. Would be great if they dropped Chelsea city for us but there’d be riots possibly …

And to add to your second question. I guess bt have a designated quota of games they can show.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
They can still televise the game though, can't they? It's not a last-minute change, so surely they could take advantage of this change in schedule. Or is there anything preventing them from doing that? Genuinely curious.
I don't see why they can't put it on a red button service or something like that. Even if there's some other live sport going on they can at least put it on one of their special channels.

King7Eric

Chelsea city was always scheduled to be live. United game was moved relatively recently. Would be great if they dropped Chelsea city for us but there’d be riots possibly …
My point is they have 3 channels, so what is preventing them from showing both games at the same time? I am curious to know the reason for this.

Samid

BT have the rights to 52 games per season. Most normal weekends they can only show one game + some midweek and festive rounds they have additional games. Just because they have 3 channels doesn't mean they can show as many games as they like.

King7Eric

BT have the rights to 52 games per season. Most normal weekends they can only show one game + some midweek and festive rounds they have additional games. Just because they have 3 channels doesn't mean they can show as many games as they like.
Cheers. Thanks.

ReddyMcRedface

My point is they have 3 channels, so what is preventing them from showing both games at the same time? I am curious to know the reason for this.
They’re only contracted to so many games a season and they’re set when the TV fixtures get announced. The United game is technically a 3 o’clocker as far as the tele is concerned.

Samid

Cheers. Thanks.
Question is why the PL only put 200 of their 380 games on auction? If the blackout is the issue, what's stopping the PL from moving the 3pm fixtures to 5.30pm and putting them all on a streaming service?

Ludens the Red

Question is why the PL only put 200 of their 380 games on auction? If the blackout is the issue, what's stopping the PL from moving the 3pm fixtures to 5.30pm and putting them all on a streaming service?
I’d be amazed if this ever happened. The tv companies would love it, fans and the Premier League not so much.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Don’t expect DAZN to show any 3pm games though.

I expect jt to be a simple re-branding.

DAZN it seems are buying the whole lot off of BT, BT want out of sports completely, so the TV channels would simply change to DAZN and the BT Sport app would show all the same stuff it does now but under DAZN.

Also expect all the same presenters and pundits and everything else. It’s literally BT sport but with a DAZN lick of paint.

Give it a year or so and you may see their own stamp on it, don’t see why they’d change anything as their coverage is world class. But still don’t expect any 3pm games to be shown at all though.

Samid

I’d be amazed if this ever happened. The tv companies would love it, fans and the Premier League not so much.
I'm struggling to see the issue. You protect the lower league attendances by removing PL games from the 3pm slot. It might even encourage more people to go to those games because they wouldn't be sat at home watching a PL game on a dodgy stream.

Match going fans will get used to it. I think they'll much rather prefer there are 4-5 games at 5.30pm every week than the alternative we saw last season (all games being played at different times). You could also bring forward the arbitrary 'blackout' by an hour. Lower league games at 2pm and the PL games at 4.30pm.

We're living in a world where things are getting more and more accessible by the day. If people want to watch stuff they'll find a way to do it. PL can either continue to pretend illegal streaming doesn't exist while that market gets bigger and bigger, or they can embrace change and realise accessibility is key.

0le

It is easy to find a schedule where all games could be broadcast and sufficient time is given to avoid "not being able to watch lower league teams"

For example one schedule:

Saturday:
Championship 12pm to 2pm
PL: 3pm to 5pm
Women's PL: 6pm to 8pm

Sunday:
Conference + other non-league: 12pm to 2pm
League 2: 3pm to 5pm
League 1: 6pm to 8pm

Instead it all comes down to just manipulating the schedule of the PL to make as much money as possible.

Deery

Dreary
It is easy to find a schedule where all games could be broadcast and sufficient time is given to avoid "not being able to watch lower league teams"

For example one schedule:

Saturday:
Championship 12pm to 2pm
PL: 3pm to 5pm
Women's PL: 6pm to 8pm

Sunday:
Conference + other non-league: 12pm to 2pm
League 2: 3pm to 5pm
League 1: 6pm to 8pm

Instead it all comes down to just manipulating the schedule of the PL to make as much money as possible.
People aren’t going to want all the PL football on at one time, it’s best spread out over the weekend.

0le

People aren’t going to want all the PL football on at one time, it’s best spread out over the weekend.
The point was not that my proposed schedule was the best way, but merely to show that it was possible to schedule these fixtures in a manner which would suit teams across the leagues. The argument about needing a "blackout" to enable viewership for lower tier football games is therefore in my view just an excuse to ultimately enable more money for the PL games.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
That's what they already have. Not sure if the BT Sport stuff would fall into it though. I don't know if you still can, but you could sign up to Dazn for 2.99 a month at one point.
I wish the PL would just set up their own streaming service. I only watch the football. With sky the cheapest is a day pass at 10 euro, but it is all sports. A pity they dont bring out a PL day pass for a fiver.