BT Sport

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
And now we have Glenn (I'm, going to state the bleeding obvious) Hoddle. telling us what we can see for ourselves

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And now we have Glenn (I'm, going to state the bleeding obvious) Hoddle. telling us what we can see for ourselves
I hate it when he says "them" ones instead of those ones.
And erm a lot of other stuff he says too.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sky have Souness and Cahill on right now.
No BT combo is worse than that.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
BT Sport: why offer analysis when you can harp on about VAR and decisions down to the millimetre?

acnumber9

BT Sport: why offer analysis when you can harp on about VAR and decisions down to the millimetre?
They’ve paid for Peter Walton and my God are they going to use him. How else would we know that the ref was right no matter what?

El Zoido

“Man Utd have just won 9-0 and we’re sat here talking about VAR”

Then don’t talk about it!

cyberman

BT banging about VAR again. Just feck off.
I dont understand what the crying is about. Theyre glad to rule a pen off for millimetres but not an offside? It was only that goal that was disallowed, they corrected a ref error for the 2nd red that Dean should never have missed if he gives the pen initially.
In no other sport do the pundits get away with not knowing actual laws of the game. Thats where the confusion comes from. Read up for feck sake

Tyrion

Exactly! I keep hearing pundits and journalists say things like that and they act like they're being forced to talk about it.

Zoo

So crap. Robbie Savage trying to create a debate with every goal and Jake Humphrey doing his usual soapbox act

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?

Rio should refuse to talk about VAR until he has waxed lyrical about the win.

Tyrion

I dont understand what the crying is about. Theyre glad to rule a pen off for millimetres but not an offside? It was only that goal that was disallowed, they corrected a ref error for the 2nd red that Dean should never have missed if he gives the pen initially.
In no other sport do the pundits get away with not knowing actual laws of the game. Thats where the confusion comes from. Read up for feck sake
Agreed. I don't think most pundits know the rules. Same with the players. Iirc, the defender who got caught out by City for the "offside" goal admitted he didn't know the rule. You're a f**king defender. How can you not know the offside rules?

quirkey

Jake Humphreys always tries to make it about himself. It’s the same with his podcast (although I do like some of the episodes in fairness). Loves his soapbox.

GazTheLegend

Every one of their presenters needs to immolate themselves for trying to downplay a nine nil win for gods sake. They tried to interview Rashford about the racism too instead of mentioning, you know, the nine goal win.

Tyrion

Jake Humphreys always tries to make it about himself. It’s the same with his podcast (although I do like some of the episodes in fairness). Loves his soapbox.
"Do we want football to look like this?"

:lol:

cyberman

Agreed. I don't think most pundits know the rules. Same with the players. Iirc, the defender who got caught out by City for the "offside" goal admitted he didn't know the rule. You're a f**king defender. How can you not know the offside rules?
Hoddle proudly saying it wasnt a pen and Rio asking him if that was the rules. Both oblivious.
TBF all pundits get that wrong. Its more of a where does the first contact end rather than begin. He caught him all the way into the box so its a pen and its clear as day. Its just ignorance of the laws

stevoc

They started off trying to push a United are defensive playing 2 No: 6's narrative. Probably gutted they had to quickly abandon that.

Bojan11

Every one of their presenters needs to immolate themselves for trying to downplay a nine nil win for gods sake. They tried to interview Rashford about the racism too instead of mentioning, you know, the nine goal win.
Nothing wrong with highlighting that.

SER19

Bingo. The amount of air time given to moans when what theyre actually saying is 'I don't like the rules'

Tyrion

Hoddle proudly saying it wasnt a pen and Rio asking him if that was the rules. Both oblivious.
TBF all pundits get that wrong. Its more of a where does the first contact end rather than begin. He caught him all the way into the box so its a pen and its clear as day. Its just ignorance of the laws
Its infuriating. I watch rugby and F1 and I wouldn't have a clue about them if the pundits didn't explain some of the rules. Football pundits don't bother. They just guess based on what the rules were when they played (10-30 years before) and what they think the rules should be.

Zoo

He says he thinks martial handballed it for his 2 goals :D
“The question is Darren: did Martial handball it?”

“The question is Darren: was Van de Beek interfering with play?”

Leonzo1

I swear to God Savage was crying handball for every single goal we scored.

Ole'sattheWheel

They are right to reflect. VAR feckimg the game is bigger than us spanking Southampton.
Yeah no doubt VAR is bad right now. I didn't agree with pretty much every decision. But my point remains, if the result was the other way around I doubt they would be giving us the same sympathy

shaky

They are right to reflect. VAR feckimg the game is bigger than us spanking Southampton.
VAR ruining the game isn't unique to tonight though, and it's been discussed to death already.

Red00012

“The question is Darren: did Martial handball it?”

“The question is Darren: was Van de Beek interfering with play?”
Fernandes shot in the 1st half “To be fair to McCarthy it’s a good save it bounces just in front of him.” Replay shows it didn’t bounce

Crustanoid

They wouldn’t have shown the Bednarek clip if it was Liverpool getting the penalty