BT Sport

Vidicious

Flop
Jake Humphreys is the worst of the lot. Toe curlingly cringey.

Just reminds me of that lad at school who tries to hold a conversation about football when it's awkwardly obvious he doesn't have a fecking clue.

Acole9

Outstanding
I'm sure when they went to Webb at half time there was something which looked like a wine list on the table behind him which disappeared when they spoke to him at the end.

Dion

Did he actually criticise him?

Usually it's either "see he was absolutely right!" or " I'll show you this angle and this angle because it explains why it was such a difficult decision for him to make"
He did say he got pretty much every major decision wrong and implied that he let the pressure of the occasion get to him. That's about as much of a mauling as you're going to get from an ex-ref on TV I think.

littlepeasoup

Muting the sound during BT Sport matches has been a huge quality of life improvement. Steve McManaman should be allowed no where near a microphone, not even to play Singstar.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You'd think they'd have gone all out to make it seem 'must have' and worth the extra cash but nope

Laphroaig

Just awful stuff! I wanted to watch their show after work tonight to re-enjoy the win, but it left me in a bad mood. Notice the difference in questions regarding the officiating that Mourinho and the dancing queen got, ffs!

lewwoo

Absolutely hate bt sport and wouldn't pay for it in a million years. Hillarious how they said when it was launched they were offering the fan more options where to watch the game. No you aren't. You have given fan's less options by splitting coverage between two broadcaster's and by taking champion's league from sky forced a lot of people to subscribe to both. Hope you go under. Feck you bt sport

Ady87

Absolutely hate bt sport and wouldn't pay for it in a million years. Hillarious how they said when it was launched they were offering the fan more options where to watch the game. No you aren't. You have given fan's less options by splitting coverage between two broadcaster's and by taking champion's league from sky forced a lot of people to subscribe to both. Hope you go under. Feck you bt sport
So, so salty.

Sky make you have a base pack for their TV service that people don't even use just so they can have Sky Sports - that's a shitty tactic. Even then I only use the Sky Go on my iPad to watch the games when I can't get to the TV. BT Sport make me do no such thing.

I like Howard Webb's input and generally think he gets each call spot on. You would think that's simple to do on a replay but the number of pundits calling a decision the wrong way after repeated slow-mo replays is terrible.

DanClancy

So interviewer was happy to talk about the offside goal and the Rojo tackle, but refused to bring up the Lee challenge, the handball penalty and the offside goal. Great neutrality.
Des Kelly is a United fan, I'd imagine he's told what to ask and try and get a reaction out of Mourinho.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I like listening to Hoddle. I actually think he'd do well returning to management.
He's the only one who watches the game and thinks about it from a player/fan point of view. He doesn't spout off about every little decision, he watches quietly and calmly and only inputs when he feels he needs to. Perfect colour commentator.

You get idiots like Savage who is purely there to try and make controversy and jazz the game up, it's so not needed. Savage changes his mind so often about things as well, he really does speak before he thinks.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I must be the only one who quite likes it. Savage is annoying, but I don't have a problem with anything else.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Des Kelly is a United fan, I'd imagine he's told what to ask and try and get a reaction out of Mourinho.
Irregardless of who's decision it was, the line of questioning was heavily agenda driven.

We had a goal disallowed that was fine, we scored one that wasn't.

Rojo wasn't sent off for a red card challenge, Lee wasn't sent off for a red card challenge.

We shouldn't had a blatant penalty which wasn't given.

Yet leading questions to both managers suggested Palace were incredibly hard done by.

DanClancy

Irregardless of who's decision it was, the line of questioning was heavily agenda driven.

We had a goal disallowed that was fine, we scored one that wasn't.

Rojo wasn't sent off for a red card challenge, Lee wasn't sent off for a red card challenge.

We shouldn't had a blatant penalty which wasn't given.

Yet leading questions to both managers suggested Palace were incredibly hard done by.
I'm not disagreeing, if Des Kelly doesn't do what he's told to do he'll lose his job. I'm more bothered by the biased Howard Webb who is clearly out to get us, glossing over the Lee challenge and claiming Mata was offside when he clearly wasn't.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I'm not disagreeing, if Des Kelly doesn't do what he's told to do he'll lose his job. I'm more bothered by the biased Howard Webb who is clearly out to get us, glossing over the Lee challenge and claiming Mata was offside when he clearly wasn't.
Yeah that was a little ridiculous. A knee high challenge with the studs and Howard says it isn't a red? Great logic.

RC89

BT's offering is so much better as a whole. Sky are a complete rip off. If you wan't BT sport, you can get BT sport, no requisite of any other subscription. Secondly, their mobile app is so much better than Sky Go. You can use a mobile device AND log in online unlike Sky. Plus you can cast, a deal breaker for me. The fact Sky don't let you cast is a joke.

Tiber

I cant stand it.

But EE gave me 6 months of it for free so at least I see the United games.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
It's awful. I cancelled my BT Sport subscription earlier this year which was hard for me to do because obviously I like to watch football and BT seem to be getting more and more games from Sky and I'm a big fan of UFC too. I just can't stand their coverage, Jake Humphreys is a massive twat and their pundits are terrible. I just stream United games if they are on BT. Try my best to get American streams too :)

Jig1234

Awful channel, hate most aspects of it.

Only good thing about BT Sport is the CL goals show. Beyond that it's terrible I also feel CL/Europa league are devalued by their gut wrenching commentary and format.

Was better on Sky.

Three people on comms, Howard Webb talking nonsense. Matches are not as enjoyable they have a habit of speaking too much. Tyler and co on Sky are much better at it

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
To be fair their champions league goals show is actually decent.

everything else is just wank. I was hoping they disappear like Setanta Sports

noodlehair

"It's like..."
They're shite. Still think they're better than BBC though. Pretty sure for one of our FA cup games on BBC last year, at least 70 minutes of the game was spent showing the crowd reacting to the game, instead of the actual game.

At least with BT you're annoyed at the commentary on the match, rather than annoyed because you don't get to fecking see half of it.

When Savage is somehow only the third most annoying person on the commentary team though, that probably isn't good.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
What the hell did they try to do with Zlatan around 75th min? When Cabaye got hit in the face, or rather more like he dived. They were desperate to get United players look bad all night.
Motd showed it three times too... 'live' then two replays from different angles. Trying to get a retrospective ban?!

BT are just sh!t but hate the BBC, especially Lineker.... impartial my arse and his tweets are almost Michael Owen-esque. (Edit, I'm not on Twitter (seems a stupid idea) but they keep getting headlines by various media outlets).

JoaquinJoaquin

BT's European Football Show with James Richardson and co is still better then any show Sky are offering to be honest.

RUUD_10_LEGEND

I actually really like BT. I get it for 12.99 per month through my internet provider and as opposed to shelling out for sky sports at near £30, I find it decent enough value especially given they've got UCL. I love watching random Bundesliga games and Serie A is also great. All in HD with decent enough coverage. And as Joaquin mentions, EFS is good stuff.

As for the coverage of PL games, it never really bothers me. Could do without the likes of Savage and Macmanaman of course but all channels have some form of annoying pundits.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I actually really like BT. I get it for 12.99 per month through my internet provider and as opposed to shelling out for sky sports at near £30, I find it decent enough value especially given they've got UCL. I love watching random Bundesliga games and Serie A is also great. All in HD with decent enough coverage. And as Joaquin mentions, EFS is good stuff.

As for the coverage of PL games, it never really bothers me. Could do without the likes of Savage and Macmanaman of course but all channels have some form of annoying pundits.
This.

klayton88

Someone needs to tell Robbie Savage it's OK if there is silence on the mics. Every pause he's right in there spewing total garbage and going over the same point (Rojo tackle) 10 minutes after the tackle.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Hoddle's horrific. That shit attempt at controlling the ball from Rooney on his left, which ended up looking like a pass to Zlatan was hailed by Hoddle as a great attempted pass. Twat.

coolredwine

lameredboots
The went on and on about Rojo but failed to mention Lee's tackle and Cabaye's blatant dive even once. The commentators were horrible last night.

iKeano

Hoddle and Savage are so far up Rooney's ass it's unreal. Our £300K-a-week club captain let a perfectly good chance nutmeg him and bounce off his standing foot...

"Nice to see him in the box"

Meanwhile the worlds most idiotic, boring ex-footballer of all time Michael Owen (thanks for the City goal!) is blabbering on about how Zlatan isn't scoring enough!?

Clowns one and all. Best to watch it in mute.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

The content is fantastic, this is mainly about the football pundits. Jake Humphrey in particular is an absolute assclown who clearly believes his own hype. Giving Jose lip on the TV but acts like his best buddy when interviewing him.

El Zoido

It's awful. Never thought I'd say it but I actually preferred ITV's coverage without Andy Townsend. BT is the worst football coverage I've ever seen, it's truly dreadful.

The anti-United bias really grated last night. I don't expect them to like us but just be as impartial as you can for christs sake. Robbie Savage almost had an aneurysm when we scored our dodgy first goal. Barely anything was made of the decisions that went against us and they even misrepresented the disallowed goal to make it look like Mata was offside. Howard Webb is pointless because referees always protect their own, so you just end up with him trying to justify and make excuses for rank bad officiating.

Erebus

Yes

stevoc

They do to be fair but few channels have ever had as many complete tossers as BT. McManamam, Owen, Hargreaves and Savage should be spread out across several stations.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Now they add Gerrard...for a United game as well. Can this channel be any worse