BT Sport

NinjaFletch

Doesn't matter, he's interfering with play under the rules.

I think there was some episode with van Nistelrooy, think it was Italy vs Netherlands at Euro 2008 that lead to this rule change.
Not according to whoever BT Sport eventually got round to asking.

Either way, I think this is something the IFAB will be looking to clarify next time they meet as the laws are clear as mud at the minute.

El Zoido

Pretty obvious that if he wasn't offside, the rules are flawed as you could easily abuse it.
The rule is supposedly if you accidentally go off the pitch, then it’s offside. That’s to stop people abusing it by deliberately stepping off.

Josep Dowling

Not being funny they had 5 minutes for somebody to research over the ad break. Instead they spent 10 minutes of half time analysis telling us they weren’t sure in the rules.

I hate BT, having two separate companies having rights for the Premier League and Champions League has just meant two lots of subscriptions.

crossy1686

career ending
Some commentator on American TV explained the rule. Apparently, if a player steps off the pitch he's deemed to be stood on the goal line so there's no possibility of any player being offside.

cyberman

Isn't it offside because you need the refs permission to leave the field of play and not be active?
Otherwise you'd stand behind the goal, wait until the ball is launched forward and run on since you weren't offside when the ball was played

el magico

Supports
Manchester City
Isn't it offside because you need the refs permission to leave the field of play and not be active?
Otherwise you'd stand behind the goal, wait until the ball is launched forward and run on since you weren't offside when the ball was played
I don't think I have ever agreed with any comment from cyberman. Am I drunk?

Zoo

Spurs and Chelsea fans get Hoddle, Liverpool and United fans get McManaman. Something isn’t right here.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
I’m done with watching this shit week in week out. Cancelling my BT subscription. Goodbye BT Sport!

binary bot
Oddly, I quite liked McManaman tonight. He didn't sound full of hate, nor did he boil my piss at all. That's never happened before.
Yeah, he seemed to be backing us quite a bit. It was strange when he said it was a comfortable night for us.

goin4glory

Tired of pundits who sugar coat and just run out cliches. We were very poor tonight and Sevilla largely bossed the game. A few players deserve criticism for how bad they were I.E Lukaku/Mata.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Does anyone get the impression the pundits/Gary struggle for material at the end? Last night it seemed he was struggling for something to talk about, and him just talking about freshly cut grass there felt like he was again :lol:
Maybe they should cut it by 5 mins.

Bojan11

With Gerrard leaving. Lampard could be going to Derby.

They apparently want Roy Keane to replace them. Hope it’s true as it might make their prematch and post match stuff more watchable.

PeteManic

I like BT Sports to a point. Enjoy Keown. Enjoy McManaman and his I went to Real Madrid on Bosman and won 2 CLs vibe. Lampard is sharp too. Hoddle sounds like he’d talk me down off a ledge no problem. To be honest the only regular I can’t really stand is Rio. Sorry Rio. Too much Lawndawn for me.

Judas

Open to offers
Rather Gerrard and Lampard than Keane, he's just grouchy and attention seeking, his act got boring years ago. Every now and again he'll say something decent.

I enjoyed Gerrard/Lampard/Ferdinand team on BT, recently retired pundits who have achieved a lot in the game who were honest and spoke sense.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Humphrey being an utter cnut shocker.
Not sure if it was also Humphrey but they asked Ryan Mason if he wish he could be playing that game. What kind of f'ed up question is that to someone who fractured his skull and had to retire :rolleyes:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
dreadful commentators, awful pundits (except Rio). Even Lineker talks bollox compared with when he's on MoTD

NinjaFletch

McMannaman, Ince, and Hargreaves all on their coverage tonight.

Surely they could have got someone better?

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I think the real question is could they have got anyone worse.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
BT have the shittest adverts on TV.

"Gunnar Go For It"

Bugger off.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I don't really mind McManaman tbh. I don''t watch BT Sport regularly though, just one in every few games, so maybe he's better in small doses.