BT Sport

cyberman

Its infuriating. I watch rugby and F1 and I wouldn't have a clue about them if the pundits didn't explain some of the rules. Football pundits don't bother. They just guess based on what the rules were when they played (10-30 years before) and what they think the rules should be.
Im weirdly annoyed by this. They know the rules, it literally happened 2 hours before this. If you dont play for the ball then its a red. Hell its red most of the time pre VAR so it has to be group amnesia to say its a confusing red card

cyberman

Fernandes shot in the 1st half “To be fair to McCarthy it’s a good save it bounces just in front of him.” Replay shows it didn’t bounce
Cavani knows to stay behind the defender because he knows the ball will fall behind him.
Replay shows he barely jogged and just went in a straight line for an easy header

El Zoido

They’re completely obsessed with this huge injustice to Southampton when the game was 6-0. They’ve showed the replay of the penalty foul more times than all the goals combined. They’ve got pitch side audio, referencing tweets from ex-professionals. I know it was a soft decision but feck me, this is ridiculous. They didn’t spent this long talking about how we got screwed against Sheffield United, did they?

GlasgowCeltic

Humphrey always comes across as a bit of a self styled “voice of the people”, can only guess he considers himself that based on supporting a “proper” club (ie not one of the big boys)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
How much time are they going to bore on about this one incident in game we won 9-0?!?!

A superb performance after an idiotic red card is the story tonight.
Not this.

VivaRonaldo85

Post match on BT is strange tonight. We were 6-0 up at the time of the penalty and second red card yet you would think from reaction on the BT broadcast and social media that is has changed the game. I assume it’s the usual anti United mob out in force again plus it gets plenty of click bait.

OldSchoolManc

United win 9-0. BT concentrate on the possibility of a penalty being dubious.
ABU in force

RORY65

Peter Walton backing his homeboy.
He's terrible, he just agrees with the referee's decision 99% of the time regardless of whether it's right or not. VAR is terrible but I think Southampton and the pundits moaning about the penalty (I agree with them in fairness) ignores the fact it was 6-0 with 3 minutes left, the horse had already bolted miles away by that stage.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Normally after a big win I would watch the entire broadcast until the end, but it felt like someone had died with real sadness about the penalty at 4-0 :houllier:

El Zoido

Why don’t they also cover the Cavani penalty shout, which was just as contentious?

DavidDeSchmikes

Didn't see this much dedication towards VAR, when Mike Dean was the var referee in Southampton's last game

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's terrible, he just agrees with the referee's decision 99% of the time regardless of whether it's right or not. VAR is terrible but I think Southampton and the pundits moaning about the penalty (I agree with them in fairness) ignores the fact it was 6-0 with 3 minutes left, the horse had already bolted miles away by that stage.
That's why it was funny how he had to actually put his balls on the line with the non given pen - and call it before the VAR had called it for once

"Deffo a pen"

Not a pen!

GledTheRed

9-0 and they have just talked non stop about the pen and red card.

No mention of the absolute mess in the first half when we should have had a pen and the ref didn't play advantage for the Greenwood goal.

cnuts!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What I don’t get is this has ALWAYS been a red card. Forever and ever.

They’ve now changed the rule to give a defender a chance at actually tackling for the ball - instead they cry like it would never have been a red card before VAR was involved? It’s insane.

They seem desperate to blame VAR at every opportunity when it would have never been different.

Glenn hoddle seems really confused bless him, even Rio doesn’t seem to understand what’s actually going on :lol:

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Humphrey always comes across as a bit of a self styled “voice of the people”, can only guess he considers himself that based on supporting a “proper” club (ie not one of the big boys)
He’s a Liverpool fan disguised as a Norwich fan. Quite a common thing.

Jacko21

Can’t abide Jake Humphrey covering a United game - never misses an opportunity to make a sly remark. No wonder he’s keen to keep the conversation on VAR.

He fancies himself as a pundit, not a presenter.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why don’t they also cover the Cavani penalty shout, which was just as contentious?
Derr....because that was one we didn't get.

Has to be something we've got away with, even at 6-0 up!

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
They’re completely obsessed with this huge injustice to Southampton when the game was 6-0. They’ve showed the replay of the penalty foul more times than all the goals combined. They’ve got pitch side audio, referencing tweets from ex-professionals. I know it was a soft decision but feck me, this is ridiculous. They didn’t spent this long talking about how we got screwed against Sheffield United, did they?
Agreed. I turned over to Optus Sport about 15 minutes in because Savage was spoiling the game for me, then turned back to BT for post-match analysis only to see a forensic discussion about a penalty call at 6-0. Really started to ruin my high from the game so I switched off again

NinjaFletch

Why are they obsessing over VAR, they're creating the narrative and making it all about this shite.
Because it's really, really fecking shit and killing football as a spectacle and they rightly think that's a huge talking point.

Oh and Jake Humphries is a twat too.

Withnail

They never spend any time on controversial decisions that go against us.

Judas

Open to offers
Because it's really, really fecking shit and killing football as a spectacle and they rightly think that's a huge talking point.

Oh and Jake Humphries is a twat too.
It is, but they could spend a bit longer talking about some of the goals. We know VAR is shit, but you don't get many of these sort of results.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Just switched them off. If it was Liverpool/City who got the decisions you can bet they'd be gushing about the goals and not going on and on about those cards. I didn't agree with the last red card but my goodness they act like that was the whole game.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Where was the 30 mins dedicated to de Gea being fouled against Sheffield and how much of an injustice that was? Oh wait

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Where was the 30 mins dedicated to de Gea being fouled against Sheffield and how much of an injustice that was? Oh wait
Thank you too!

We will be waiting forever for that discussion...

Like the referees, they are also as inconsistent and biased.

The Hilton

Everyone is right about the really odd post match coverage, when it was clearly a penalty.

Having said that, I found the match commentary hilarious, the banter and stats about the last time we scored this many goals had me cracking up.

Chairman Steve

You have a nine goal game and you decide to talk about decisions that are moot at that point in the game, with similar scenarios already discussed to death in a dozen other games :houllier: