BT Sport

Telsim

They were creaming themselves over City yesterday. "The team of the decade vs the team of the century... and the team of the century can't even get the ball! huehuehue".

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Oh my. Just watched highlights of citeh v RM. It was 8 mins long and I was really struggling with Steve Mcmanaman on commentary.

how could anyone last an entire game listening to this guy. Even in that 8 mins he got so much wrong.

how do these idiots keep getting jobs
I had to switch off before the end. They were like a pair of toddlers high on sugar throughout the 90 minutes. Surely those two don't get the final.

You'd think that McManaman with his time in Spain would have more insight and balance. Instead he came out with tropes like 'Madrid might get away with this in Spain, but they won't in the Champions League', which is totally ignorant to how Real have struggled in Spain over the last decade, and have already lost 7 times in La Liga this year. Or banging on about how disappointed he was in Benzema, as if it's sustainable for him to pull worldies out the hat every single knockout game for Real.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I had to switch off before the end. They were like a pair of toddlers high on sugar throughout the 90 minutes. Surely those two don't get the final.

You'd think that McManaman with his time in Spain would have more insight and balance. Instead he came out with tropes like 'Madrid might get away with this in Spain, but they won't in the Champions League', which is totally ignorant to how Real have struggled in Spain over the last decade, and have already lost 7 times in La Liga this year. Or banging on about how disappointed he was in Benzema, as if it's sustainable for him to pull worldies out the hat every single knockout game for Real.
Think you can safely say it is the wife who has the brains in that family.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The coverage last night is why I think the people who think that in years time people will refer to City’s achievements as being doped are kidding themselves.
Just take a look at the papers this morning.
It’s nauseating.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The coverage last night is why I think the people who think that in years time people will refer to City’s achievements as being doped are kidding themselves.
It’s nauseating.
You wonder if City carried on like this for a number of years if it would dilute the PL brand. I know we had success, but what if they won everything for years, say like Celtic. It could become an issue.

Telsim

It’s nauseating.
A cope that has no bearing on reality.

By listening to BT last night, you'd think City are the best England has ever produced. I muted it after 30 minutes I think.

Swedish_Plumber

As long as BT and Sky get a piece the corruption money pie they’re more than ok with blowing their loads all over teams like City.

It’s when those profits are threatened you get all the pundits condemning the greedy clubs. Fecking embarrassing.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Sky and BT literally pay billions for these products.

The last thing they are going to do is start ranting about how corrupt it is.

El Jefe

It really was awful and having Lescott there as some sort of mascot was even more embarrassing. "Ahh Joleon can barely sit still, the table is shaking Hahah" :houllier:

That was as bad as it's been. I get it was an English team but the level of bias in the commentary should only be reserved for fan channels or national team games. I'd imagine the viewership was pretty split in terms of wanting a City win so there was no need to be that far up Abu Dhabi.

Kaos

Only just heard about Jake Humphrey being axed, good riddance.

Ginola gesturing to call him a wanker was his most memorable highlight.

Anyway glad I avoided the game last night.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Only just heard about Jake Humphrey being axed, good riddance.

Ginola gesturing to call him a wanker was his most memorable highlight.

Anyway glad I avoided the game last night.
That's good news. One of the worst presenters about.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Darren Fletcher is hands down the worst football commentator around. No charisma, rambles incessantly and frequently produces mis-information on basic events unfolding on the pitch. Absolutely shocking.

Ludens the Red

Darren Fletcher is hands down the worst football commentator around. No charisma, rambles incessantly and frequently produces mis-information on basic events unfolding on the pitch. Absolutely shocking.
And his obsession with saying that everything is “fascinating” is really fecking annoying.

ShinjiNinja26

I hate this mates down the pub vibe they try to give off during commentary with their little nicknames… Fletch, Sav, Macca etc.. Feck off you cringy bastards!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I hate this mates down the pub vibe they try to give off during commentary with their little nicknames… Fletch, Sav, Macca etc.. Feck off you cringy bastards!
Probably used to it from their playing days. Just like we used to have Edwinny pass to Nevilley, to Ferdinandy, off to Scholesy dinking it to Giggsy, and then to Granny Shagger for the goal.

IRN-BRUno

Apparently in talks with Laura Woods to be their presenter from next season

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Laura Woods would be a great hire. If they get rid of 'Fletch and Macca' too their coverage will start to become more watchable.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
World class production team? Do they drink water as well?

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Laura Woods would be a great hire. If they get rid of 'Fletch and Macca' too their coverage will start to become more watchable.
Absolutely, hopefully they don't neuter her and make her as bland as the rest of their panel. Woods+Keown for CL nights might be insufferable for others fans though :angel:

Chairman Steve

I would say he’s been let go.

What are the viewing figures for Champions League games on BT Sports? Aren’t they like less than a million? I feel like it was nicely set with ITV and Sky alternating the English team games, and Sky having everything for CL.

Then BT went and fecked it all up and bought it so now you have to pay 2 expensive premiums if you want to watch Premier League and Champions League, then as a result of that, Sky decided to nosh the Premier League even harder, going from ‘English top league is pretty good, come check it out’ to ‘OMG ITS THE BEST THING EVER MADE’

So feck you BT for making football coverage even more lame in the long run. Your broadband service sucks ass too.

dinostar77

Agree, i hardly watch any CL fotball now. Thanks to BT sports.

If laura wood joins then hopefully she will leave the NFL show. Much better when thats Osi and Jason.

cyberman

Good old Jake. His worst habit was not allowing late goals to alter his talking points what were clearly made before the game was over.