Budget deals this summer

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
OK, we've had a couple of these threads in the past.

Given the price paid, I think Bissouma was very very cheap. I know @Rozay got a little frustrated with my speculating that maybe it's because he's still under Police investigation, but 30m for a very good midfield destroyer even if he only had a year left on his deal is a steal.

Maybe not a budget deal, but an absolute steal still, Sadio Mane, a year left on his deal and very high wages, but a world class attacker with outstanding work ethic, 27.5m.

Tagliafico, Ajax's left back capped 40 times for Argentina, reportedly available for 4m (euros).

Spaghetti

Mom's
A couple of seasons ago, of Europe’s top teams signed “the next best” right back in their country for 60m (euros) and are not willing to let him go for a third of that. Could be worth a punt.

Same team spent close to 100m (euros) on their country’s star centre back, and he is probably available for about half of that now.

davidmichael

Tarkowski, Zagadou, Romagnoli, Tolisso, Eriksen, Witsel, Dembele, Januzaj, Bale and Welbeck are all available on free transfers this summer and every one would get in our squad right now which shows how fecking disjointed and piss poor we are.

Then there’s the young players with high potential that are looking to become world class over time and take that next step up which is the exact kind of signing Sir Alex would make, some would work out brilliantly like Ronaldo or RVN and some wouldn’t like Bellion but at least they’d have sell on value if they didn’t work.

Players like Gvardiol, Timber, Guehi, Zabarnyi, Schlotterbeck, Rensch, Livramento, Jacob Ramsey, Szoboszlai, Wirtz, De Ketelaere, Antony and Sulemana are all players that up until 6-7 years ago we’d have probably been in for already and now we’re losing out to Palace for high potential players from Derby.

Bestietom

Given the price paid, I think Bissouma was very very cheap. I know @Rozay got a little frustrated with my speculating that maybe it's because he's still under Police investigation, but 30m for a very good midfield destroyer even if he only had a year left on his deal is a steal.

Maybe not a budget deal, but an absolute steal still, Sadio Mane, a year left on his deal and very high wages, but a world class attacker with outstanding work ethic, 27.5m.

Tagliafico, Ajax's left back capped 40 times for Argentina, reportedly available for 4m (euros).
Haaland was best deal this season.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Every year there’s excellent budget deals.

Tagliafico for €4m should be a shoe in. ETH has worked with him, he knows how to enact the manager’s plans and he’s a good sturdy professional. It’ll also allow us to move on Telles, who we can actually make a bit of profit on. Let him and Shaw battle it out for a season for that LB spot. Nico has also played big games and is 29, so having some experience will help.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Tarkowski, Zagadou, Romagnoli, Tolisso, Eriksen, Witsel, Dembele, Januzaj, Bale and Welbeck are all available on free transfers this summer and every one would get in our squad right now which shows how fecking disjointed and piss poor we are.

Then there’s the young players with high potential that are looking to become world class over time and take that next step up which is the exact kind of signing Sir Alex would make, some would work out brilliantly like Ronaldo or RVN and some wouldn’t like Bellion but at least they’d have sell on value if they didn’t work.

Players like Gvardiol, Timber, Guehi, Zabarnyi, Schlotterbeck, Rensch, Livramento, Jacob Ramsey, Szoboszlai, Wirtz, De Ketelaere, Antony and Sulemana are all players that up until 6-7 years ago we’d have probably been in for already and now we’re losing out to Palace for high potential players from Derby.
Wow I didn’t know that young players MUST sign for United.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good free transfers that happened:
  • Bayern - Mazaraoui (and Gravenberch for 20m).
  • Villa - Boubacar Kamara, though it's alleged he's on like a good £175k a week.
  • Barcelona - Kessie;
Potential free transfers:
  • Eriksen - Man Utd/Spurs/Brentford;
  • Pogba - Juventus;
  • Di Maria - probably Juventus/Barcelona;
  • Dybala - probably Inter;
  • Tarkowski - Everton;
  • Dembele - probably PSG/Chelsea.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Akanji and Guerreiro are reportedly available for €25m each.

DevilRed

Once we're involved, there is rarely anything budget about it.

Would like to see us more involved in free transfers though. Seems we missed the boat on Kessie and the like. But I suppose if we get Eriksen that would be a start. Smart depth signing.

davidmichael

Wow I didn’t know that young players MUST sign for United.
At what point did I say they MUST sign for us ? Right now we’re not a very attractive option for players whether established or young with potential and the fact a player would rather go to Palace than us shows as much.

tidraKS

Only Eriksen (and that's a maybe) and Dembele in top form would get into our squad right now.

UpWithRivers

Selling Lukaku for 110 mill euros and getting him back for les than 10 with reduced wages seems a good deal. Same as getting Pogba for nothing, selling him for 90 and then getting back for free.
Rudigar on a free is also a steal.

red_de_pologne

No.. just no..

Also it would probably take at least 60 m to take Ramsey from Villa, absolute non starter..

So many absurd claims in one post, well done I guess.

UnitedFire

Tagliafico would sudddenly be £40m if we bid for him based on recent examples!

Red_toad

Clement Lenglet Barcelona, Leftie, good in the air, decent pace, very good defender. Available on loan as they want his wage off the books. Personally prefer him to Pau Torres as a better fit for what we should be looking for.

ilrm

Supports
Real Madrid
Clement Lenglet Barcelona, Leftie, good in the air, decent pace, very good defender.
He's been terrible for Barca for at least 2 years ... you should not be buying players who have stagnated or are on a downturn.

Vapor trail

Clement Lenglet Barcelona, Leftie, good in the air, decent pace, very good defender. Available on loan as they want his wage off the books. Personally prefer him to Pau Torres as a better fit for what we should be looking for.
Lenglet has performed terribly, another one season wonder with Umtiti. Pau Torres is a good shout think he'd do well in the league.

devlinadl

Deal of the century
Only if you consider the transfer fee alone. Add in the agents fees, the fee to his father, the signing bonus and his salary, and it’s a very expensive deal.

redcucumber

Lenglet? Welbeck? Tarkowski? Januzaj?! People want us to make signings literally for the sake of making signings. One of our major issues has been accruing all this deadwood that we can't shift, the absolute last thing we need to be doing is reupping on average dross.

Wilt

Only if you consider the transfer fee alone. Add in the agents fees, the fee to his father, the signing bonus and his salary, and it’s a very expensive deal.
Possibly, though no one seems to know what other monies were involved.

However, my take being he‘s very likely to bring…..

Goals
trophies
sponsorship
merchandise sales
ticket sales (they’ll sell out everywhere he plays)
fan base increased worldwide
buyout clause three times City purchase price

Given Haaland‘s age and talent there’s not a club in Europe who wouldn’t want him ….absolute bargain.

Hackman2210

Pointless posting here the only budget deals on offer are buying off Man Utd............Jones £8-10millionand I guarantee he will be leicesters/everton player of the year 2023.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Possibly, though no one seems to know what other monies were involved.

However, my take being he‘s very likely to bring…..

Goals
trophies
sponsorship
merchandise sales
ticket sales (they’ll sell out everywhere he plays)
fan base increased worldwide
buyout clause three times City purchase price

Given Haaland‘s age and talent there’s not a club in Europe who wouldn’t want him ….absolute bargain.
Except their own ground.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Still a bargain for a striker with his output, when the renewal signing fee for Mbappe is 100m, agent fee is extra as well.

Bojan Djordjic

Enzo Fernandez for €18nn looks like it could be a great piece of business for Benfica

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Every year there’s excellent budget deals.

Tagliafico for €4m should be a shoe in. ETH has worked with him, he knows how to enact the manager’s plans and he’s a good sturdy professional. It’ll also allow us to move on Telles, who we can actually make a bit of profit on. Let him and Shaw battle it out for a season for that LB spot. Nico has also played big games and is 29, so having some experience will help.
I actually agree with this. Nico is a great personality and professional. If you can sell on Telles you could probably get £15m for him? Then you could land Nico for €4m, you would have raised some cash and have a good player to compete with Shaw for the leftback position. Seems like quite a sensible move. The question is probably if you are able to move Telles since obviously teams that might be interested might not be able/willing to afford the wages that hes currently on.

Elcabron

Exactly. The low transfer fee gets city around FFP, not that there are implications of non compliance as we already know. City have unlimited funds, doesn't really matter if he cost them 65m or 200m, either is a drop in the ocean for them. Excluding Newcastle, city are wealthier than the rest of the PL combined.

Newcastle are wealthier then the rest of the CL combined, City included. Scary.