Gaming Building a gaming PC

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Your funding source will be charged when Scan Computers International Limited completes your order.

littlepeasoup

I ordered an Asus TUF card from Amazon last night (well, early this morning) and the money's been taken and the order's gone through, but no indication of when it'll actually be dispatched. Looks like all the other retailers are gouging right now which is shitty.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
110424​
ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 TUF GAMING 10GB GDDR6X Ray-Tracing Graphics Card, 8704 Core, 1440MHz Core, 1710MHz Boost
£591.66​
£709.99​

See if they tell me to piss off in a bit. Looks to have gone through. Not going to believe it until I get the other updates they usually do.

Sanchez7

What a shit show from nvidia. I might just get a used 2080ti and get it done with.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We got them from Scan.

eBuyer works perfectly well up until you hit basket. Everything else works on the website :lol:
I’m trying to preorder one from scan I mistakenly have like 6 in my basket.. :lol:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
What a shit show from nvidia. I might just get a used 2080ti and get it done with.
I'm contemplating this, how much more powerful is the 3080?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Are you all witnessing the markups scan are doing before our very eyes with each card?

Going up £50 - £60 each! Outrageous!

I have checked my order history on their site, and no word of the 3080 being in there... I am hoping this isn't going to be a cancellation jobby! Not convinced this is clean and out at all.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Also, all the cards are going to pre-order dates at the end of September now? -_-

This has been a calamity all round!

Bojan11

Also, all the cards are going to pre-order dates at the end of September now? -_-

This has been a calamity all round!
What did you expect!

This has always been the case. You got people with bots buying up stock. That’s why I am just going to wait till the 3090 is available freely.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
A lot. 3070 is more powerful than the 2080ti. If you can get a 2080ti for 450 or less, it is probably an okay deal.
Some good gains there, might be better off with the 3070 then as I think they cost around 500? Just looked on ebay and 2080ti's are going for 500 too.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
If you can get one, probably the best bet.
Great thing about nvidia cards they hold value for some time, I have a 1070ti and can still get around 200 for it.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
What did you expect!

This has always been the case. You got people with bots buying up stock. That’s why I am just going to wait till the 3090 is available freely.
I think the pricepoint of the 3090 should theoretically ensure you don'y have to go through all of this, but then again, who knows?

I knew it would be terrible today, but I didn't think it would be this bad, in all honesty. This has been a shambles from the off and is still so almost 90minutes later.
The TUF is now £750 :lol:
Are they even allowed to do this
Is yours confirmed in your order history? Mine's not there... getting a bit antsy now.
It's gone up £100 in 90 minutes! Just mental. They're going to keep upping the price as stock lessens, too, aren't they?

Bojan11

I think the pricepoint of the 3090 should theoretically ensure you don'y have to go through all of this, but then again, who knows?

I knew it would be terrible today, but I didn't think it would be this bad, in all honesty. This has been a shambles from the off and is still so almost 90minutes later.
Is your's confirmed in your order history? Mine's not there... getting a bit antsy now.
It's gone up £100 in 90 minutes! Just mental. They're going to keep upping the price as stock lessens, too, aren't they?
I expect the 3090 to be the same because they’d have less stock than 3080 and the same has happened with other graphics card over the years. It’s the same shit every time.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
@Fortitude
I've got an email from scan confirming the order
Yeah, I got one of those, too, but if it's not accompanied by further confirmation, I'm inclined to have doubts it's going to go through.

I suppose with the load they are under they could be updating through the night. Just unsettling as things stand.

Trying to get one from another site, but they're all hanging at the most unhelpful points imaginable!

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Ebuyer has also been down for the entirety of launch for me!Just a hamster running on a wheel in that gif they have up.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Yeah, I got one of those, too, but if it's not accompanied by further confirmation, I'm inclined to have doubts it's going to go through.

I suppose with the load they are under they could be updating through the night. Just unsettling as things stand.

Trying to get one from another site, but they're all hanging at the most unhelpful points imaginable!
Overclockers? Mine fails at the pay now page :lol:

Paxi

I got through to payment page on Overclockers for Zotac then it crashed.

littlepeasoup

I got an order through on OC (no idea how) on the Gigabyte Eagle card, because I have *no* idea what's going on with the other order I made. Will see which one ships first and then cancel the other.

Paxi

I give up just going to order a PS4 at my local GAME store and be done with it until stock normalises.