Gaming Building a gaming PC

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
On my Overclockers page it shows me scan homepage. I think I fecked my phone up trying to order this.

Bojan11

I give up just going to order a PS4 at my local GAME store and be done with it until stock normalises.
You’d have it by time cyberpunk is out. That’s what you need it for. Resetera thread is brutal too.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
So my PayPal is saying the purchase from Overclockers has gone through. Overclockers site hasn't even gotten back to a functional page yet! ffs.

I've hedged my bets and got two in now. If they both fail, it just wasn't meant to be.

Bojan11

So my PayPal is saying the purchase from Overclockers has gone through. Overclockers site hasn't even gotten back to a functional page yet! ffs.

I've hedged my bets and got two in now. If they both fail, it just wasn't meant to be.
Did you get email from them?

Paxi

You’d have it by time cyberpunk is out. That’s what you need it for. Resetera thread is brutal too.
I’m not really worried about Cyberpunk. I just want to build a new rig now and I didn’t want to sit without anything at all from a prolonged period.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian

Disclaimer - I've not watched the full video yet.
It appears the FE beats an EVGA XC3 on most benchmarks... I'm talking 1-2fps, but still

littlepeasoup

What a clusterf*ck of a day; apparently FE stock has been quickly appearing and then disappearing again on Nvidia's website.

Fair fecks to those who will get their cards this week or next. Right now I suppose I'll just have to play the waiting game and see if either of the orders I've put through will be fulfilled - I'm erring on the side of not. :(

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
What a clusterf*ck of a day; apparently FE stock has been quickly appearing and then disappearing again on Nvidia's website.

Fair fecks to those who will get their cards this week or next. Right now I suppose I'll just have to play the waiting game and see if either of the orders I've put through will be fulfilled - I'm erring on the side of not. :(
It's impossible to tell until you get the full confirmation and further updates.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Will change my tune if no update by tonight. Don't even know if I'm in the first release batch or some pre-order one for weeks from now.
I'm sure mine was dated 30th
I'm quite relaxed to be honest as I'm not gonna care if mine is cancelled as theirs a massive chance I'm sending it back anyway

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
@Fortitude

I got an email at 19:40 saying the order has been placed.
The estimated delivery is the 18th, so it could turn up tomorrow
I don't know if you've an account with scan or guest checked out for speed, but if you don't, they have a 4-step procedure:

Order placed
Payment Authorised
Order picked
Order dispatched

And you get 4 independent emails from them denoting which stage they're at with your order.

I got this:

Stage 1 of 4 - Order Received
This is an automated email. Please do not reply.

The estimated delivery date of your order is 18 Sep 2020

But that's only Stage 1. I'm guessing you have the same thing, but without stage 2-4 confirmation, I'm highly sceptical that anything has happened.

They've got the money 'pending' in my PayPal also, which further suggests nothing has gone through as of yet. Overclockers took the money straightaway, despite not even sending a confirmation email or invoice! So I don't know what's going on there!

I seriously doubt two cards are zipping their way to me this working day, but I suppose there's a possibility it could happen until told otherwise. Yeah, sounds as stupidly unrealistic as I type it as it is! :lol:

littlepeasoup

The speed of the price hikes yesterday are something I've never seen before - then again, I've never tried to buy a GPU on launch day before. Looks like Scan has taken down the ability to purchase cards?

A big part of me is hoping Nvidia sort their sh*t out and people can actually get an FE card in the near future - completely wishful thinking though.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The speed of the price hikes yesterday are something I've never seen before - then again, I've never tried to buy a GPU on launch day before. Looks like Scan has taken down the ability to purchase cards?

A big part of me is hoping Nvidia sort their sh*t out and people can actually get an FE card in the near future - completely wishful thinking though.
I've never done a launch gfx purchase myself so I don't know if that's par for the course, but it was absolutely ridiculous to witness.

Bojan11

I've never done a launch gfx purchase myself so I don't know if that's par for the course, but it was absolutely ridiculous to witness.
It is always worse than console launches. You are fighting bots. These people use the same bots that they use to buy rare sneakers. Any luck @MaxiPaxi?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It is always worse than console launches. You are fighting bots. These people use the same bots that they use to buy rare sneakers. Any luck @MaxiPaxi?
Ah right. Know that well for clothes and footwear. Should think it's even worse with comp folk then.

Knew this would be a disaster release, though.

Paxi

Got through to payment page on scan but then it asked me for my password and captcha which was all blanked out.. I couldn’t get past that thus I couldn’t order a card. Nevermind, I’ll get 2070 in the mean time until the stock normalises. At least I’ll be able to play cod mw and bo at decent settings in 4k. Once the cards are readily available I’ll get ftw 3 gaming ultra for £900. Hopefully have it by Xmas. Are you going to go through this madness next week or just wait?

Bojan11

Got through to payment page on scan but then it asked me for my password and captcha which was all blanked out.. I couldn’t get past that thus I couldn’t order a card. Nevermind, I’ll get 2070 in the mean time until the stock normalises. At least I’ll be able to play cod mw and bo at decent settings in 4k. Once the cards are readily available I’ll get ftw 3 gaming ultra for £900. Hopefully have it by Xmas. Are you going to go through this madness next week or just wait?
Wait. I already been through PS5 and not sure how Xbox turns out. This will be 10 times worse as PS5 there’s tons of places to order from. You are limited with this as you only have select places.

I am going to wait until Cyberpunk is out. That’s the game I been waiting for.

Even though 3090 will be a high price, I don’t think that’s going to put off bots and plus there will most likely be less of them compared to 3080. I want to see 3090 reviews as well.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
3090ti is my ultimate mission but that's not for a year yet I imagine.

Need this card pretty sharpish as my 980ti just can't cut it anymore particularly 4k dual screen.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Many thanks for your RTX 3080 pre order.

Demand was huge during the launch yesterday, far beyond the expectations of NVIDIA, the graphics card manufacturers and Overclockers UK. Web traffic was off the scale when compared to Black Friday and we apologise for any impact on your shopping experience.

We have contacted NVIDIA and the graphics card manufacturers regarding the volume of cards sold on pre order. We will work closely with them to secure as much stock as possible and will keep you posted on the supply situation as soon as we can. You can check the latest updates from our Product Manager on the forums;

NVIDIA has undoubtedly launched a fantastic and highly desirable product. We all wanted one too! Luckily, Overclockers UK is one of the biggest and oldest NVIDIA partners and we will be one of the first companies to get stock.

Your order is in a queue and we will fulfil orders on a strict first come, first served basis. We therefore suggest you keep your place in the queue to avoid future disappointment.

---

No surprise there then....

Paxi

Many thanks for your RTX 3080 pre order.

Demand was huge during the launch yesterday, far beyond the expectations of NVIDIA, the graphics card manufacturers and Overclockers UK. Web traffic was off the scale when compared to Black Friday and we apologise for any impact on your shopping experience.

We have contacted NVIDIA and the graphics card manufacturers regarding the volume of cards sold on pre order. We will work closely with them to secure as much stock as possible and will keep you posted on the supply situation as soon as we can. You can check the latest updates from our Product Manager on the forums;

NVIDIA has undoubtedly launched a fantastic and highly desirable product. We all wanted one too! Luckily, Overclockers UK is one of the biggest and oldest NVIDIA partners and we will be one of the first companies to get stock.

Your order is in a queue and we will fulfil orders on a strict first come, first served basis. We therefore suggest you keep your place in the queue to avoid future disappointment.

---

No surprise there then....
I’ve just accepted it as fact that I’m not getting one until Xmas or early next year. Hopefully big navi is a big success and that prompts Nvidia to get AIB partners to work in overdrive to fulfil order so they don’t lose % of the market share.

Paxi

I’m waiting on the Big navi announcement now on the 28th of October. Either the stock normalises a bit or I might just get the navi depending on the performance.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I’ve just accepted it as fact that I’m not getting one until Xmas or early next year. Hopefully big navi is a big success and that prompts Nvidia to get AIB partners to work in overdrive to fulfil order so they don’t lose % of the market share.
Have you seen the mark-ups? The card I went in for started at £649.99. Right now it's £789.99... actually, just checked and it's down to £749.99 at box and has totally been removed off of Scan? All of their 3080's are currently showing no price?

It feels like we've all been done over and roped into a very farcical game. You may well be right with your estimation because even with the first batches, there's a massive backlog of others who aren't going to cancel their orders and will be waiting for the second and third over the upcoming months.

Funny these emails come now and yet these companies have no qualms in taking the money ASAP!

Paxi

Have you seen the mark-ups? The card I went in for started at £649.99. Right now it's £789.99... actually, just checked and it's down to £749.99 at box and has totally been removed off of Scan? All of their 3080's are currently showing no price?

It feels like we've all been done over and roped into a very farcical game. You may well be right with your estimation because even with the first batches, there's a massive backlog of others who aren't going to cancel their orders and will be waiting for the second and third over the upcoming months.

Funny these emails come now and yet these companies have no qualms in taking the money ASAP!
Yeah if you've ever needed to showcase a paper launch then this is it. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt since the times we live in but still. For a company that just acquired another company for 40 billon, you’d think they’d make GPU readily available. Also, from what I know, this has always been a problem so when will they fecking learn to cope with the demand. It’s okay the sites crashing etc but at least have enough stock so people can order days after. Seriously hope Navi pull off something incredible, then I think we will see dropping of prices and a lot of cards on the market again.

Balljy

Both scan overclockers are down again which seems weird one day after and with no stock to sell. Going to scan takes you to a blocking page "to prevent from online attacks".

Upset people who didn't get their 3080's doing DDos attacks? Would be hilariously stupid if it's that.