Gaming Building a gaming PC

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
Ah the FE is the standard 2 fan model. Even though it seems expensive, it's a great card for the price, it beats out the 2080 range only slightly falling short of the highest powered ti!

I think I got lucky only paying a touch over the odds for my 3070, though it's a bit of a waste having all that flashy rgb and screen thing in my current box :lol:

The built in overclocking and extra fan makes it worth it though, as I should be able to push it much further when I build my new machine next year :drool:

Balljy

hough it's a bit of a waste having all that flashy rgb and screen thing
Did you get the Aorus with the Tamagotchi on the LCD screen? If so I'm strangely jealous for such a stupid thing I'd never actually see in my case :nervous:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
How the hell did you get a FE? Didn't think they were even making them anymore!
Seems to be still being made and sold, scan is the only place I've seen them sold in the UK outside of the nvidia shop. Good thing about scan is they sell them for RRP too, just waiting to get one myself.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Seems to be still being made and sold, scan is the only place I've seen them sold in the UK outside of the nvidia shop. Good thing about scan is they sell them for RRP too, just waiting to get one myself.
Nvidia have basically given Scan the rights to sell their FE cards.
I think thats the only reason they're being sold at RRP.

It's an absolute joke these companies keep upping their prices.
The 3080 TUF I got from Scan started at £650, then £670, £690 and finally settled at £700.
Probably more now :lol:

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
My 3080 FE comes Monday and I treated myself to another new monitor that comes tomorrow.
I've got a bit addicted to buying monitors. Got an Asus PG258Q and Alienware AW2521HF. I best get them sold :lol:

Adamsk7

Anyone got any opinions on a 5700XT for £320? Just wanted to know whether it was still a decent deal amongst all the new cards coming out? My gaming on PC will be relatively light. It’s the ASUS Strix model of that helps. I was looking at a 3070 but I don’t think I wanna spend £500 plus on a GPU when I’ve just bought both the PS5 and Xbox. It’s really to complete my first build in 10 yrs, have a Windows machine again (I’m a max user mainly) and dabble in some steam stuff that’s not on console

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Anyone got any opinions on a 5700XT for £320? Just wanted to know whether it was still a decent deal amongst all the new cards coming out? My gaming on PC will be relatively light. It’s the ASUS Strix model of that helps. I was looking at a 3070 but I don’t think I wanna spend £500 plus on a GPU when I’ve just bought both the PS5 and Xbox. It’s really to complete my first build in 10 yrs, have a Windows machine again (I’m a max user mainly) and dabble in some steam stuff that’s not on console
Easy choice. Sell the consoles, get a 3080 and look back in two years time and thank me later.
To be honest, the 5700xt is a solid card. For that sort of money you can also pick up a used 1080ti if you dont mind used, which is a better card with better support.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Sold my 3080 Palit OC that has never been used. £800.00 Waiting on Asus Tuf or if I really get lucky FTW Ultra.

Paxi

Tut tut, flipping a sought after GPU!
That being said, I sold a 3080 TUF for £1100
Haha you're wicked. I sold mine only 60 quid above msrp. Saying that, if I manage to bag FTW Ultra, I'll flip it for 1100 and then spring for 3090.

On a side note ps5's are 1100 on Gumtree and people are willing to buy them. Now that's scalping.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Haha you're wicked. I sold mine only 60 quid above msrp. Saying that, if I manage to bag FTW Ultra, I'll flip it for 1100 and then spring for 3090.
To be honest, as I just want to get this damn build done, and I really wanted a FE, I thought I'd sell it then when a decent one on ebay for similar price came up, I'd just buy that so I didn't feel like I was getting robbed.
Then luckily I got one from Scan yesterday so that actually worked out great.

I've still got one on pre order at Overclockers, that I said a lad on here can have if mine turns up before his

Paxi

To be honest, as I just want to get this damn build done, and I really wanted a FE, I thought I'd sell it then when a decent one on ebay for similar price came up, I'd just buy that so I didn't feel like I was getting robbed.

I've still got one on pre order at Overclockers, that I said a lad on here can have if mine turns up before his
Yeah, me too. I have to wait until 11th gen Intel comes out. As I have everything gen 4 but the cpu which is a stop gap. And 3080ti will probably be available in March too. Never ending cycle. Not to trivialise addiction but it does feel a bit like it. Can't stop wanting latest and greatest. Until I have it, I'm restless.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Not put it up. Got a extra desk coming tomorrow, so will put it up when I get that. Also @Igor Drefljak what monitor you get? Was it the G9?
Yeah went for that.
I used my sisters blue light card so got it for just under 1k.
It's madness really. Wouldn't dream of spending that much on a monitor, but I dunno, that one just ticked every box for me

Slevs

likes to play with penises

Adamsk7

Went with the 5700xt at £310 in the end. Think that’s a pretty decent deal to get this new build up and running whilst all this uncertainty around cards and prices carries on. The ideal world would have been for the prices of the 20xx series or the 5700xt to go right down but it seems that’s complete folly!

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I've already sent it to a few people who asked including @Fortitude

The 3070 and 3090 FE just went up on Nvidia which links to Scan for the cheapest card and is always at MSRP. The 3080 is likely to go up in a bit too.
How are you getting this inside knowledge haha, I'm dying for a 3080 but nowhere in Canada has them.

Bojan11

Yeah went for that.
I used my sisters blue light card so got it for just under 1k.
It's madness really. Wouldn't dream of spending that much on a monitor, but I dunno, that one just ticked every box for me
It’s a great monitor. One of the best around at the moment. Just the build quality put me off because the specs are up there especially for the price you pay. Think it was discounted for Black Friday from £1200 to £1000.

Balljy

How are you getting this inside knowledge haha, I'm dying for a 3080 but nowhere in Canada has them.
It's just a Discord that has a bot which is good at scanning for in-stock 3xxx's in the EU. I think it does cover Best Buy in the US for the 3080 FE's, but I've never seen anything for Canada unfortunately.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
It's just a Discord that has a good bot which is good at scanning for in-stock 3xxx's in the EU. I think it does cover Best Buy in the US for the 3080 FE's, but I've never seen anything for Canada unfortunately.
feck sake. I got an alert from Amazon not too long ago that it was available and jumped on to see it. It was priced at $2500 and the vender was called 'sorry for scalping'

Bojan11

For the quarter in review, NVIDIA sold at least $175 million worth of new generation GPUs to ethereum miners, helping the outperformance. The analyst had guided sales to miners to come in at $150 million for the quarter.

Steves noted that the upcoming network upgrade of the Ethereum blockchain, also known as Ethereum 2.0, which is scheduled to take place sometime in December, demands that miners switch over to more efficient mining hardware. NVIDIA's new Ampere GPU chips are thought to meet that need.

According to an estimate Steves made in September, it would take an Ethereum miner 233 days to achieve profitability with an unmodified RTX 3080 card. Steves wrote then that the RTX 3080 nets Ethereum miners about $3 per day. The RTX 3080 is supposed to retail for $699, but suffered from shortages at launch.
https://www.barrons.com/articles/how-cryptocurrency-miners-boosted-nvidias-earnings-51605822391

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Had my 3070 today, so pretty.
Now to find stock for the 5600x :(
I'm the opposite. I have stock for the 5600x available in dubai it seems (and a friend who reguarly goes and comes from there) but waiting for the AMD Gpus.

Stactix

I'm the opposite. I have stock for the 5600x available in dubai it seems (and a friend who reguarly goes and comes from there) but waiting for the AMD Gpus.
Think the only place I've seen stock is New Zealand. Not sure I fancy ordering from there.

Still waiting on most of the other parts, so i can wait a while but not sure if I should just go for a 3600x instead

JTW95

Gullible sausage

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I ordered new sofas not long ago and they tell you it can take up to 13 weeks to arrive. At least that way round, you know they're making the thing for you and know in advance what the process is. Feel like a proper mug with this card as I'm being taken for a similar ride without prior knowledge!

There's talk of these not coming in until November! November, ffs!

Apparently I'm:

You picked ASUS TUF
In your card selection queue number: 605

at OC.

Have no idea what that means in real world terms.
So they're coming Dec 7th... Literally no idea when my TUF is.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I ended up moving it on.
I was sick of waiting for the FE so was going to buy one on ebay, so sold to cover the cost. Next day I ended up getting one from Scan so it worked it well for me
So you've had both your OC and Scan ones in now? You sticking with 3080 or going up?

How you rating it thus far?

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
So you've had both your OC and Scan ones in now? You sticking with 3080 or going up?

How you rating it thus far?
Nah, I'm keeping the overclockers one running as I said to someone on here that if I get mine before they do, I'd let them have it, if not I'll just cancel it.
Got the FE from Scan from a drop a few days ago.

I've not actually plugged it in yet as I'm gonna watercool it, just waiting for the stuff to be delivered

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Nah, I'm keeping the overclockers one running as I said to someone on here that if I get mine before they do, I'd let them have it, if not I'll just cancel it.
Got the FE from Scan from a drop a few days ago.

I've not actually plugged it in yet as I'm gonna watercool it, just waiting for the stuff to be delivered
Ah, right you are. Noble of you.

seaNNN

my posts are shite but my gobbles are alright
5600x mobo bundles available on Amazon right now 3 left if anyone is interested.