Gaming Building a gaming PC

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Just installed the GPU so I can sell the codes, need to activate for them.
It's such a shame to rip this GPU to bits to stick a block on it, looks so nice

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Absolute result today.
I've ordered a 5950x from Currys.

I visit a forum that have a classified page, and I bought a £500 currys voucher for £420
As the member was new, I used it right away, then returned the item for a new voucher.

Came to spend it today and their was £700 on it :lol: (Thats not that I've made £200 on the person I bought it from as this was a complete new number with pin code)

Bojan11

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Managed to get a Ryzen 5800x pre ordered from Ebuyer. Not expected until 31st December apparently but I can live with that since I dont expect to start building till next year anyway.

Stactix

5600x mobo bundles available on Amazon right now 3 left if anyone is interested.
Did you order in the end?
I've got one on order at the website, seems it's eligable for the MSI motherboard purchase deal, get AC Valhalla.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It's mental out there, as soon as I get a notification from the bot for stock I go on the link and the cards are already sold! The scalpers must be making a killing as I'm assuming most are bought by them.

Last edited:

Adamsk7

Gunning for a 3060Ti on the 2nd December. Anyone know what time they usually drop and will it just be on Nvidia’s website?

SuperiorXI

It's mental out there, as soon as I get a notification form the bot for stock I go on the link and the cards are already sold! The scalpers must be making a killing as I'm assuming most are bought by them.
They really are, it was next to impossible to find a card close to its RRP when I was looking for them all last week.

Adamsk7

absolute joke. I am fuming. Had 7 tabs open, four friends and my fiancee all trying to get me a 3060ti. literally not one of them even got to see an "add to basket" symbol and I got to see it for about 4 seconds on Scans website. clicked it and it went " you can't add this to basket" and then the tab disappeared again.

I have no idea how Nvidia expect real gamers to get their hands on any cards. Maybe they just don't care that it'll go to scalpers with bots or Miners who are basically gonna treat these graphics cards like the computer equivalent of slaves.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
absolute joke. I am fuming. Had 7 tabs open, four friends and my fiancee all trying to get me a 3060ti. literally not one of them even got to see an "add to basket" symbol and I got to see it for about 4 seconds on Scans website. clicked it and it went " you can't add this to basket" and then the tab disappeared again.

I have no idea how Nvidia expect real gamers to get their hands on any cards. Maybe they just don't care that it'll go to scalpers with bots or Miners who are basically gonna treat these graphics cards like the computer equivalent of slaves.
Yeah it's out of control at the moment, I guess we have to give them the benefit of the doubt because of the covid situation. One thing I would say is don't give in and buy off a scalper. As for the miners, are they actaully making any money off bitcoin anymore?

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Looking at the benchmarks it must suck to have paid 1k for the 2080ti for it to now be spanked by a £400 card.

SuperiorXI

Installed my new GPU yesterday, AORUS 5700 XT, the thing is fecking massive! Almost didn't fit.

Purring away now, getting 80FPS+ on TW3 everything ultra :drool::drool::drool:

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Just got an order confirmation for a 3070 FE off scan!

Player Red

So I am looking to delve into the PC gaming world (beyond FM) and was thinking of putting together something along the lines of the pcpartpicker entry level builds. Example can be found here.

Any thoughts on a build like this? Will be using existing PSU, case etc.. so looking for a motherboard, cpu, gpu and ram combo.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Absolute result today.
I've ordered a 5950x from Currys.

I visit a forum that have a classified page, and I bought a £500 currys voucher for £420
As the member was new, I used it right away, then returned the item for a new voucher.

Came to spend it today and their was £700 on it :lol: (Thats not that I've made £200 on the person I bought it from as this was a complete new number with pin code)
What on earth are you going

Adamsk7

The Discord I joined from here that had a 3070/80 bot suddenly deleted those products and only searches for AMD. Anyone got a link to another good one? I have stock informer set up but that’s it

Balljy

The Discord I joined from here that had a 3070/80 bot suddenly deleted those products and only searches for AMD. Anyone got a link to another good one? I have stock informer set up but that’s it
The 3070/80 are still on there but they added roles so you only get to see the alert channels you want (mainly so you can ignore the relentless Zotac 3090 notifications in my opinion). You just have to go into the set alerts section and click / unclick the ones you want.

Somehow I think you've ended up with only AMD roles but you can change that.

Bojan11

3 for me. They supposed to get stock this week, but I am not going to hold my breathe.
Changed to 9th to 18th. Ffs they just need 3, come on Asus or Scan just deliver 5 if you have to. This is getting beyond a joke now. Cyberpunk has been delayed once since I ordered.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Changed to 9th to 18th. Ffs they just need 3, come on Asus or Scan just deliver 5 if you have to. This is getting beyond a joke now. Cyberpunk has been delayed once since I ordered.
How can it go backwards over just keeping you in place? Are you telling me that's something else to look forward to?

They're outdoing themselves.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
This market is insane. Was it like this when Nvidia released the 2000 series?

I could not have picked a worse time to build a new PC. Thankfully im not in a massive rush.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
This market is insane. Was it like this when Nvidia released the 2000 series?

I could not have picked a worse time to build a new PC. Thankfully im not in a massive rush.
I don't recall it being this bad. I think covid has made it worse.

Bojan11

How can it go backwards over just keeping you in place? Are you telling me that's something else to look forward to?

They're outdoing themselves.
I don’t usually leave reviews. I am usually the most patient person ever. Even if I have the worst meal at a restaurant, I am not going to run along to tripadvisor like a cnut. Just won’t go back.

I’m seriously tempted to break that tradition for Scan. Why did they decide to take so many preorders when they had no idea how much stock they were getting. Why not do it like how they handled the other preorders? Get the stock in and then sell them. Only thing puts me off leaving a review is that it’s a family owned business and they clearly not the only party to blame. Just grinds me they been sitting on our money for months and getting interest off it.

Marcelinho87

My queue position for my 3080 has gone from 218 to 195... Trouble I am having is I need it before the new year as I am moving home and they won't change the delivery address!

Marcelinho87

I don’t usually leave reviews. I am usually the most patient person ever. Even if I have the worst meal at a restaurant, I am not going to run along to tripadvisor like a cnut. Just won’t go back.

I’m seriously tempted to break that tradition for Scan. Why did they decide to take so many preorders when they had no idea how much stock they were getting. Why not do it like how they handled the other preorders? Get the stock in and then sell them. Only thing puts me off leaving a review is that it’s a family owned business and they clearly not the only party to blame. Just grinds me they been sitting on our money for months and getting interest off it.
Scan are doing much better at communicating than OCUK I can tell you that for sure.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.

That makes you a soppy cnut though.

Leave a bad review based on the things they feck up on that haven't resolved, leave a good to glowing review if they met or exceeded your service. Otherwise you let the shit reviews from cnuts bring a decent place down, and you let a cnut company keep being cnuts. People need to stop being on the fence, we are allowed to speak our minds just as much as the arseholes who do it over every little thing.

You are allowed to, and definitely should be objective. Scan are fecking you around, you should rightfully be pissed off. You potentially have a lot of money tied up in a simple transaction, and what are you doing? You are feeling bad about telling them it's not on.

What card is it btw? Because through that discord I've seen so many come and go that I find it very difficult to believe yours hasn't been one of them and Scan haven't had them in...

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

It is ridiculous that they went ahead, like you've said - it boggles the mind that this has gone on so long and still looks like it has at least another 6 weeks to run yet, probably even more - that'll be 5 months from (pre) ordering, which is mental when the given release date was September!

I haven't thought as far as the review stage, myself as by now I'll just be grateful to get my card, which again is some crazy kind of conditioning going on there.

The bottom line you've to ask yourself is whether you'd order a big ticket, heavily desired item again with scan or would you take your order elsewhere? I can only speak for the companies who I've dealt with who have taken my orders and not come through in the slightest (ebuyer (PS5), scan and OC) and would categorically not deal with ebuyer again as they've been dire in terms of updates and even common regard or feigned empathy whereas at least the other two are giving weekly updates, despite it not being what I want to hear given they're both moving at a snail's pace.

Who were the other big players with these GPU's and how have their customers fared?
My queue position for my 3080 has gone from 218 to 195... Trouble I am having is I need it before the new year as I am moving home and they won't change the delivery address!
That's a stressful situation. I've moved since ordering, but own where I've left, so can at least go back there and wait once my card comes in. I think you need to kick up a real stink on the phones regarding your situation given you're totally the innocent party and it should be on them to at least come through if you've moved.

Bojan11

That makes you a soppy cnut though.

Leave a bad review based on the things they feck up on that haven't resolved, leave a good to glowing review if they met or exceeded your service. Otherwise you let the shit reviews from cnuts bring a decent place down, and you let a cnut company keep being cnuts. People need to stop being on the fence, we are allowed to speak our minds just as much as the arseholes who do it over every little thing.

You are allowed to, and definitely should be objective. Scan are fecking you around, you should rightfully be pissed off. You potentially have a lot of money tied up in a simple transaction, and what are you doing? You are feeling bad about telling them it's not on.

What card is it btw? Because through that discord I've seen so many come and go that I find it very difficult to believe yours hasn't been one of them and Scan haven't had them in...
It’s the ASUS TUF 3090 OC. You are right, I should bust their ass just like Basil and his ‘’chef.’’

I was in the discord, but turned it off. Got ridiculous because I was getting 100s of notifications per hour that zotac cards were in stock on Amazon. I don’t know what was going on, but they would keep coming and going. Then same thing happened with PNY cards, so I had enough of that because I only saw Asus cards twice in a week and they were gone in a flash. I don’t mind being informed Zoltac and PNY cards are in stock, but this was constant bombardment. I think the discord works well for other cards.

@Fortitude next time I am just going to wait for Amazon. They usually last, but they sell what they have got and don’t just make up numbers. Not sure how Currys did. I don’t even think I will get the free game they promised me with the card. The amount of interest they gained just looking at the outstanding preorders last few months will be ridiculous. They should be giving a game free to the people who waited more than 3 months.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASUS-NVI...947872?hash=item3db105bb20:g:uEcAAOSwHF1fyTE4

2 people bought that...

Adamsk7

I’m on two discords and one Telegram. Get notifications all the time and I am virtually instant with my clicks but nothing. I genuinely don’t think I’ll get a card this side of Christmas and probably more like March-April.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
It’s the ASUS TUF 3090 OC. You are right, I should bust their ass just like Basil and his ‘’chef.’’

I was in the discord, but turned it off. Got ridiculous because I was getting 100s of notifications per hour that zotac cards were in stock on Amazon. I don’t know what was going on, but they would keep coming and going. Then same thing happened with PNY cards, so I had enough of that because I only saw Asus cards twice in a week and they were gone in a flash. I don’t mind being informed Zoltac and PNY cards are in stock, but this was constant bombardment. I think the discord works well for other cards.

@Fortitude next time I am just going to wait for Amazon. They usually last, but they sell what they have got and don’t just make up numbers. Not sure how Currys did. I don’t even think I will get the free game they promised me with the card. The amount of interest they gained just looking at the outstanding preorders last few months will be ridiculous. They should be giving a game free to the people who waited more than 3 months.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ASUS-NVI...947872?hash=item3db105bb20:g:uEcAAOSwHF1fyTE4

2 people bought that...
They've modified the alerts and you rarely get spammed with the Zotacs now.

Marcelinho87

That's a stressful situation. I've moved since ordering, but own where I've left, so can at least go back there and wait once my card comes in. I think you need to kick up a real stink on the phones regarding your situation given you're totally the innocent party and it should be on them to at least come through if you've moved.
Yeah think I am going to have to try force their hand.

2mufc0

Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I’m on two discords and one Telegram. Get notifications all the time and I am virtually instant with my clicks but nothing. I genuinely don’t think I’ll get a card this side of Christmas and probably more like March-April.
That's what I thought but I kept trying and managed to order one, just waiting for dispatch (fingers crossed should be tomorrow).

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Got a Ventus for 850. Tired of waiting on evga etc.