Player agent: Elite Project Group Ltd
Current club: Arsenal FC

Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2024
Date of Last Contract Extension: Jul 1, 2020
Outfitter: New Balance​

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Would have thought he'd be the last player they'd want to sell albeit maybe one of the few they could get big money for

edcunited1878

That would be stupid to sell one of your promising, young players. Arsenal should keep hold of their talented players and develop from within and buy young talent from the continent if they want to be financially responsible.

If Arteta is as good of a manager and coach as people believe, then selling your prized assets just to buy new players is the wrong strategy. With that said, I'd take Saka in a heartbeat.

Red00012

I don’t believe this for a second , I’d be looking at the wages of Auba, Luiz and Willian before looking to sell one of the most promising players in the PL

Robert

The gooner tears would be glorious.

We can only dream..

Luke1995

It's not like Arsenal has never done bussiness with United in the past. But it's a bit rare. Are they looking to sell players right now ?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I admit I haven't actually watched him much (no point watching Arsenal these days), but would it really be worth going for him instead of Sancho? Arsenal would probably be looking for a similar amount while Sancho is far more established with far better stats (albeit in a weaker league) despite being only 18 months older.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He’s a class player, would be hilarious if Arsenal are selling him.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I know City may have other priorities this summer but he plays like such a Pep player for me.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
They obviously won't sell him and certainly not to us. Waste of time.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Think they'd rather sell every other player in the squad before considering selling him.

El-Manos

He has an 88 rating(2023) in career mode for me. Sign him up

Last edited:

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Would take him in a heartbeat. Surely they'd want a huge fee though, which seems unlikely this summer.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah, there’s no way they can sell Saka. They’d be off their rockers to do so.

That being said... he’s an excellent alternative to Sancho. Can play across the front 3 behind the striker, and can even function as a wingback. Just a very intelligent footballer. Constantly makes the right decision in the final third.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Brilliant talent, but last year was the time before he extended his deal last summer.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I admit I haven't actually watched him much (no point watching Arsenal these days), but would it really be worth going for him instead of Sancho? Arsenal would probably be looking for a similar amount while Sancho is far more established with far better stats (albeit in a weaker league) despite being only 18 months older.
He’s in the same bracket as Greenwood and Foden in terms of talent.

criticalanalysis

14m and a one free dance only appearance by Jesse Lingard.
Or we do a part exchange for Lingard + cash.

Then Lingard comes out with the 'I've always admired Arsenal's football and would dream of playing for them' ala Welbeck :drool:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I dont trust this media crap but I do wonder what would happen if we stop the Sancho 80-90mil type move and give Arsenal the time to decide if they would accept it for Saka.

Arsenal never really seemed like a club that needed the money to be honest as they always able to fight for a 40-50 mil move.

The Purley King

Definitely is, but the Times aren’t usually the biggest bullshitters. Odd like this seems like the kind of rumour you’d see in the mirror or the sun
When you consider they have Aubameyang (31) on £375k (for another 2.5 years), are still paying for Ozil's salary up until the summer, have Lacazette (29) on £180k, Willian (32) on £200k for another 2.5 years, Pepe on £140k, that is a lot of money being spent on not a lot.
Without even EL football and with the effects of covid we could see them forced to sell someone if things get desperate.
Lets be honest, if they do need some money from selling players, who could they reasonably sell for decent money? Smith-Rowe, Saka, Martinelli (although he's barely played this year for some reason). The rest of their squad is highly paid dross (excepting Tierney who I quite like and Partey).

macheda14

When you consider they have Aubameyang (31) on £375k (for another 2.5 years), are still paying for Ozil's salary up until the summer, have Lacazette (29) on £180k, Willian (32) on £200k for another 2.5 years, Pepe on £140k, that is a lot of money being spent on not a lot.
Without even EL football and with the effects of covid we could see them forced to sell someone if things get desperate.
Lets be honest, if they do need some money from selling players, who could they reasonably sell for decent money? Smith-Rowe, Saka, Martinelli (although he's barely played this year for some reason). The rest of their squad is highly paid dross (excepting Tierney who I quite like and Partey).
Yeah with this aren't they also having to pay quite a bit more of his transfer fee?

But it makes no sense that in order to strengthen their team they will also significantly weaken it. They can sell a bunch of the dross and just deal with a thin squad next season rather than get rid of one of their best players who has youth on his side. Players like Bellerin can be shifted.

Rojofiam

Even if the manager is doing a good job, they'll be going nowhere if they have to make sacrifices like this.

Dve

We have just signed to young right wingers in Diallo and Pellistri, why would we sign another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.